highlight of your day?

Hugs & puppies
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Re: highlight of your day?

Post by BABY SHAKER »

it's a shame we don't live closer, petey.
what do you play through that setup?
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

well my initial thoughts were it has a "warm" tone . not too much high end , there is a high cut pot on the back of the cab . last night it was 10:30 when i wrapped it up so i tested it with the cigar box guitar , great clean tone , a lil od if you crank the gain . then i tried an electric that has seymore duncan selects in it , that sounded excellent .

the idea with these is this ; smaller amps that run off of A: batteries or B : a deep cell with an transformer or C: a medium sized 12 sealed lead acid volt cell (like you would find in a fire alarm / trouble light back up ) . so far i have the 2 guitar amps with the built in fx from last year :

a battery powered bass amp with a 12 inch speaker / optional psychadelic light show in the center port :

so this one may end up being used as a pa for the woods / back porch , or keys . also each of these has there own tone so i can use em for recording too . that speaker cab , the XAM i used it on a few tunes for my 2nd cd , for guitar . it had a way better sound than the stock fender speaker in the amp .

and yes , mr john , that lil mascot fellow is the coolest . i think he may be chubbabouy's father .

(ff to 7:00 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9hEr38yboY for chubbabouy )

Korvette's , anyone remember that store ? it was around when i was really lil , i remember that place . some of the XAM line was actually manufactured by Roland . this piece is built like a tank , but they assembler ran the chassis screws in at goofy angles .

the only hitch on this build was the mic input had 2 grounds , ive never ran into that on cheapo amps . so i missed that , but it only took me 5 minutes to figure it out (the real ground was yellow). i used pc cd audio cables to cut the external pots onto the board . i cant tell you how simple it is with those cables opposed to 3 separate wires . i also tried leaving the original pots in place , another huge time saver . you just turn em all the way up . i did pop one led , the power was 12 volt , so i cut in a 1 k resistor . most leds are 6 the one in the unit was 12 . thats the second time i've done that so i am gonna start checking the output voltage !

the timing resistor for the delay was hiding under a mylar cap ! the idea with that is , most cheesy echo's are like a 3rd of a second . so you have someone hit or make repetitive noise on the mic (echo on) then you lick your finger , and touch the resistors by the smaller of the 2 ic chips . when you find the correct one the echo time will speed up . remove that resistor , cut in 2 wires instead . try out several pots (volume control thingys) until you find one that when its all the way up , the echo max's out . now you have an echo that is 3 times longer than stock . the echo sound quality decreases a lil as go , but . . . definitely a worthwhile mod , pretty cheap / simple as well . usually for volume 50 to 100 k , for the timing pot maybe a 350 or a 500 .

next up a really sweet retro looking mini sized echo/trem amp . i may do a stereo amp sometime, and i was thinking about a super mini test amp like 5 inch chassis with 1/4 inch , 1/8th inch , and rca in's , just a volume and power switch , off a 9 volt . that would be prtty handy / cool but i wouldn't want to spend a dime on it .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

gomti found this , they discovered some new crazy lobsties !

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/21/1606 ... ecies.html

bad ass !
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:gomti found this , they discovered some new crazy lobsties !

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/01/21/1606 ... ecies.html

bad ass !

Hell yeah! Craw-dads and Bourbon!
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
gel cacepi
banned

Post by gel cacepi »

:love: :love: :love:
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

we only have to withstand 2 more Kevin Smith movies before he goes the fuck away....yaaaaaaay!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/ ... mith-74829
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
NINFNM
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Favorite Music: Mike Patton
Favorite Books: ???
Favorite Films: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder verison)
Favorite TV: Columbo

Post by NINFNM »

I went to the gym this morning. 8)
Mary Hinge
3% gay

Post by Mary Hinge »

Page 400!

:D
Razor wrote:Neighbours are outside arguing..."you fucking fuck fuck stupid dumbfuck fucker fuck".
This sounds like you guys.
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

We are officialy living in the future
gel cacepi
banned

Post by gel cacepi »

NINFNM wrote:I went to the gym this morning. 8)

:love: Awesomeness! :love:
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

got a 1$ circuit that will make a great built in headphone amp for my cigar box guitar . fixed a $2.50 short wave radio as well , it had a bad transistor .
gel cacepi
banned

Post by gel cacepi »

Giovanni gave me a key to his house. :shock:
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

yesterday got this pc speaker thing from salvation army for a buck , it was like a flat panel speaker , 12 volt input , line in , speaker / headphone out . did some tests on it and tonight i installed it into my home made cigar box guitar .

you can see the pre amp is on top , the headphone amp on the bottom . they both run on 9 volt batts . im hoping the headphone amp one lasts a while , pretty sure it will , i got it down to 4 volts with an adapter before it lost it .

the homemade preamp battery lasts forever , its just a jfet transistor , boosting the signal from low level to line level .

the headphone amp has an output volume pot , useless , unless yer a wuss , then you turn it down .

so if i ran the output of the preamp to the headphone amp input it would cut the main output DB in half . i coulda cut in a switch , but i opted for a patch cable system . this way i an use the headphone amp module as a standalone unit if needed , and avoids additional switches / holes in the instrument .

the patch cable , super pain in the ass , but at least you can store it inside the guitar . also when you plug it in it turns the battery on for the head phone amp , same with the main output jack , that turns the pre-amp battery on .

the custom patch cable , in action . i coulda went with a 1/4 incher but i woulda had to make a mounting panel like i did with the main out . plus i kinda think hose 1/8th inchers are nifty , in a wapanese sort of fashion .

all in all it was a nice little hack . it sounds fantastic , although its very clean , no distortion even if you slam on the strings , but it is kinda very loud so i may nudge the volume down on the out side a lil . i'm optomistic as to the battery life as well .

i wouldnt have been able to do this with out harvey's fulx . sure he may have been a plumber by trade , but a few wire heads in the know can attest to the magic of harvey and his flux .

hats off to harvey .
Last edited by General Tso s Chicken on 27 Jan 2011, 02:41, edited 1 time in total.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

i just wish it had built in distortion , echo and chorus .
NINFNM
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Favorite Music: Mike Patton
Favorite Books: ???
Favorite Films: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder verison)
Favorite TV: Columbo

Post by NINFNM »

gel cacepi wrote:Giovanni gave me a key to his house. :shock:

:shock: Lucky Lady!!!

I've been with Glenn 8 years and still don't got a key to his house.....but then again he's never had the key to my house either.
gel cacepi
banned

Post by gel cacepi »

You've made it 8 years - you don't need a key! ;)
Miss Yvonne
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 462
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brandibrandi
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shorterscreenname/

Post by Miss Yvonne »

I don't have a key to my own house. And I bought the doorknob.
General Tso s Chicken wrote:how where the mrs. puals crates today , cold ?
gel cacepi
banned

Post by gel cacepi »

Branding, you're much too cool for a key.
Even if you bought the doorknob.
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

i'm a homeowner now
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!
Favorite Music: JOn LemonS
Favorite Books: that book
Favorite Films: snuff flick staring your mom
Location: assgrabber party supply store annex superstore bathroom stall

Post by clitty litter »

springs comin soon Chuns. u betta git that soil ready for that garden rill soon.
u donts wanta hear no excuses and whatnot. u hold em down girl
Do you ever try to pee the dookie off the inside of the toilet bowl?
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

LAPD pig arrested; shooting story apparently fake
Jan 28, 2011

The report of a school police officer shot last week touched off one of the largest Los Angeles-area manhunts in recent memory and forced thousands of students to remain in their classrooms for hours as officers searched for the attacker.

Now law enforcement officials allege Officer Jeffrey Stenroos was lying when he said a gunman shot him in the chest as he patrolled near a San Fernando Valley high school Jan. 19. He was arrested Thursday night on suspicion of filing a false police report.

"The current state of the investigation refutes Stenroos' initial account of the incident and we are now certain that there is no outstanding suspect in this shooting," Police Chief Charlie Beck said at a news conference Thursday night.

A law enforcement official, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to speak about the case, said Stenroos was mishandling a firearm when he was shot, but he did not go into any more detail.

The gunshot hit Stenroos in his bullet proof vest and authorities said that protection saved his life. He was treated for minor injuries and released from the hospital later that night.

Beck defended the aggressive police response to the shooting, which occurred one day after a gun accidentally fired in a student's backpack at another Los Angeles high school, wounding two students.

"We go where these investigations take us," he said. "Finding the truth and obtaining some form of justice is what we're about."

More than 350 officers from five agencies scoured the area, gathering hundreds of clues, canvassing neighborhoods and reaching out to residents to drum up leads in the case, Beck said.

The day of the shooting, nine schools with about 9,000 students were locked down as more than 350 police officers, sheriff's deputies and California Highway Patrol officers scoured 7 square miles of the affluent Woodland Hills neighborhood around El Camino Real High School for the gunman, described as man in his 40s with long brown hair.

Students were kept in their classrooms for hours without access to food or bathrooms, prompting anger and frustration from parents.

Authorities later mustered $100,000 in reward money for information leading to the suspected shooter's arrest.

Los Angeles Police Protective League president Paul Weber said he was "disgusted" to hear about Stenroos' arrest and apologized to the public for his actions.

"His lies set into motion the largest search for a suspect in recent history and inconvenienced thousands of people for hours," the police union president said. "If these allegations are proven true, Mr. Stenroos is now where he belongs, behind bars."
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
Mary Hinge
3% gay

Post by Mary Hinge »

ChickenMug wrote:i'm a homeowner now

:love:
Razor wrote:Neighbours are outside arguing..."you fucking fuck fuck stupid dumbfuck fucker fuck".
This sounds like you guys.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

After a week, I pulled 8 of these guys out my traps tonight to snack on for an appetizer. Stone crab claws are sweeter than lobster.

areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
gel cacepi
banned

Post by gel cacepi »

Those things look scary! :eek:
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

Darkel Baboomba wrote:springs comin soon Chuns. u betta git that soil ready for that garden rill soon.
u donts wanta hear no excuses and whatnot. u hold em down girl

boo, right now i am knee deep in kitchen remodeling
a small cosmetic project turned into stripping a sanding cabinets
cutting into cabinets to install a new dishwasher
ripping up flooring
etc etc etc

:shock: