Mr. Bungle Vinyl Reissues (Music On Vinyl 2014)

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Mr. Bungle Vinyl Reissues (Music On Vinyl 2014)

Post by Eviltoastman »

Quoted verbatim:
"Mr. Bungle and vinyl people. Plain recordings reissued the Bungle albums a few years ago and they were all terrible - I mean truly awful. Just a heads up that Music On Vinyl appear to be reissuing all three albums again and if they do what they usually do they'll be handling the vinyl mastering themselves at Record Industry. June sees California coming out on white vinyl, limited to 2,000 copies with it being quickly followed by a standard black vinyl edition. If they do what they did with the Faith No More reissues, all three albums should be released over the course of three months."
http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/mr-bungle-california.html
Sharppie is my best friend.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Re: Mr. Bungle Vinyl Reissues (Music On Vinyl 2014)

Post by SHARPPIE »

fanks again.....

btw, Volante is up for preorder...

http://www.newonvinyl.com/en/mr-bungle- ... e-ltd.html

"2014-08-04 - Single LP edition and the first 2000 copies are numbered will be pressed on Crystal Clear Vinyl."
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Ah, I just PM'd you about that. I got my DV this morning. It;s good so far (just heard side A).

Secret Song aint hidden :(

my scans.
http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=5937418
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

somewhat disappointed with the S/T. quite a bit of missing artwork, and the cover printing is pretty muddy/dark. the etched D side is terrible...almost invisible in natural light. it would have looked better on an opaque record...what the fuck were they thinking?

so far it sounds okay (only listened to side A), otherwise it will be going back.
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

When the purple sells out, it will come out on black (with etching). Perhaps that would be a better option. I didn't pick this up as it goes. I wanted to.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Got a purple copy for Christmas. Artwork is a badly stretched CD image. Muddy, blurry with gaudy oversaturated colours just like they did with Angel Dust and incidentally the blurry lines etc were also a fault on their pressing of California. I thought Plain Recordings did a poor job on the sleeve until I got their version. That said they tend to get things right where it counts, and that is with the sound quality of the record itself, something Plain always got wrong. Music on Vinyl's design department needs a lot of work. They also got the original copyright year wrong as they did on Album of the Year.

The record itself sounds great. Best version I've heard (I've heard the CD, cassette, picture disc and Plain Recordings version - I've not heard the Dutch made LP from 1991). I think the etching is fine, it's about what I'd expect. It could have been better but given the lack of attention they pay to their sleeves and liners I'd have been surprised if it was better. I'd like to pick up the black version, but that can wait.

Incidentally, the first record in my set is on clear vinyl with purple splatter/streaks/marble, the second whilst not completely opaque is a far more opaque pale purple colour.