π
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Re: Record Store Day 2012

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://www.prex.com/record-store-day.html

Princeton Record Exchange and Record Store Day 2012

Click to Watch our Record Store Tour

Buy and Sell CDs, DVDs, LPs. Browse 140,000 new & used titles
We've participated in Record Store Day since it first began, and every year we've had a fantastic turnout. Last year, we even had bands come play at our storefront entirely of their own planning and volition! We can't wait to see what this year has in store for us, and we look forward to sharing the celebration with you. We'll be sure to update this page as the date draws nearer and we have more information.

Our First Update on Record Store Day 2012:

Record Store Day 2012 will be celebrated on April 21st by approximately 900 independently owned record stores/shops in the USA, Canada, France, Germany, Holland and the UK. Record Store Day will again feature many limited special editions, often numbered, from some of the most respected musicians of our time; an excuse to celebrate the specialness of music in our lives by putting out these unique releases. We look forward to Record Store Day 2012, and hope you will join the thousands of others coming from all around the East Coast to celebrate it with us.

For those of you who don't know, Record Store Day is a celebration of the unique culture surrounding over 700 independently owned record stores in the USA and hundreds more stores abroad (http://www.RecordStoreDay.com).

As one of the leading independent record stores in the country, Princeton Record Exchange is pleased to participate in this exciting event.

On this date, hundreds of limited edition titles, including many once in a lifetime box sets, are allotted only to independent record stores (no chain or "big box" locations).

The quantities of many of these pieces are extremely limited, so we're not making any promises about stock levels. We have ordered heavily on the titles we expect to be in high-demand, and our distributors do like us, so keep your fingers crossed.

We will be listing the exclusive titles when they become available. We will also list what makes these Record Store Day releases special and the quantities available in the US. Last year, Record Store Day celebrated Black Friday 2011 and released the following exclusive titles.

Hope you get a chance to visit us on this very special day!
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/02/d ... on-boxset/

To celebrate this year’s Record Store Day, which falls on Saturday, April 21st, the David Lynch Foundation has put together a special limited edition box set, which compiles performances from 34 artists that span a number of genres, from latin to pop to electronic to hip-hop to even classical.

Originally released digitally on iTunes last year, the new set has been remastered for vinyl and also boasts a previously unreleased bonus track from Sean Lennon’s Ghost of the Saber Tooth Tiger project (“Formica”) in addition to a digital download of an exclusive new release by Julio Iglesias Jr.. Other artists featured include Peter Gabriel, Donovan, Tom Waits, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Iggy Pop, Ben Folds, Alanis Morissette, and much more. See the full tracklist below for a complete roster of artists.

Outside of music, the set will also include a new documentary titled Meditation, Creativity, Peace, which showcases Lynch’s 2007-2008 16-country worldwide tour in which he spoke to government leaders, film students, and the press. Furthermore, the whole thing will be topped off with a 42-page book, featuring an introduction by Lynch and artwork by Romio Shrestha and Davel Hamue.

Keep in mind that this collection is limited to 2,500 units and only available to select stores participating in Record Store Day. Good luck.

Music That Changes the World Tracklist:
Vol 1.0 A.
01. Peter Gabriel – Curtains
02. Ozomatli – Monster
03. Arrested Development – Let It Go
04. Slightly Stoopid w. Don Carlos – Wiseman, Live @ Black Water
B.
01. Iggy Pop – Milk Cow Blues
02. Phil Soussan – Shot In The Dark
03. Rodrigo y Gabriela – Satori, live
04. Band From TV – I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free

Vol 1.2 A.
01. Moby – The Poison Tree
02. Ben Lee – Food For The Moon
03. Alanis Morissette – 20/20
04. Heather Nova – Doubled Up
B.
01. Amanda Palmer – In My Mind
02. Nancy Sinatra – End of the World
03. Tom Waits – Briar and The Rose
04. Au Revoir Simone – Boys Of Summer
05. Special Beat w. Pauline Black – Night Club

Vol 1.3 A.
01. Maroon 5 – The Air I Breathe
02. Pink Jaffee featuring Jakob Dylan w. Daryl Hannah – Wont You Stay
03. Emin – All I Need Tonight
04. The Waterboys – In The Beginning Was Love
05. Carmen Rizzo w. Grant-Lee Phillips – Bring the Mountain Down
B.
01. The Charlatans – The Only One I Know (RMX_with Factory Floor)
02. Andy Summers featuring Geeta Novotny – Ave Maria
03. The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger – Formica

Vol. 1.4 A.
01. Dave Stewart – Man To Man
02. Ben Folds – Wild Mountain Thyme
03. Donovan – Listen
04. Mary Hopkin – Gold and Silver
05. Peter & Gordon – True Love Ways
B.
01. Patricia Kaas Remix by Jourdan Bordes
02. Neon Trees – Animal, djs From Mars Remix
03. Salman Ahmad w. Valerie Geffner – Nachoon Gi.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:The Ambassador

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OesuyhaCSeQ

Iggy Pop has been named ambassador of Record Store Day 2012.
Set to take place on April 21, Record Store Day sees exclusive releases and special shows to celebrate independent record shops. The Stooges main man has said of his new role: "As Record Store Day Ambassador for 2012 I feel like a representative from some exotic jungle full of life and death and sex and anger, called upon to wear a leopard skin and translate joy to the world of the dead."
He added: "A person should have a personality. You won't get one dicking around on a computer. It helps to go somewhere where there are other persons. Persons who are interested in something you are. That's how a record store or any shop that's got some life to it should work. It's not about selling shit."
He continued: "I got my name, my musical education and my personality all from working at a record store during my tender years. Small indie shops have always been a mix of theatre and laboratory. In the 50s and 60s the teen kids used to gather after school at these places to listen free to the latest singles and see if they liked the beat."
"You could buy the disc you liked for 79 cents and if you were lucky meet a chick. Clerks in these places became managers, (like Brian Epstein), label heads, (Jac Holzman) and Faces on album covers (like me)."
For more information on Record Store Day, visit recordstoreday.com.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/no ... -store-day

Metals on metal … Feist meets Mastodon. Photograph: David Levene for the Guardian/PR
Feist will collaborate with Mastodon on a limited-edition 7in single due next year. The Canadian singer was introduced to the metal band on Later … with Jools Holland and thought "these two worlds [should] collide".

"We're going to do everything we can to work with Feist and have a split 7in to support independent record stores," Mastodon's Troy Sanders told MTV Canada . The next international Record Store Day will take place on 21 April 2012. "The idea is for Mastodon to cover a Feist song and throw some hair and dirt on it. [Then Feist will] take a Mastodon song and pretty it up a little bit."

The two acts got the idea in late October, when Feist played tunes from her new album Metals and Mastodon performed songs on the BBC show. Feist told HitFix: "[Mastodon frontman] Brent [Hinds] and I were nodding at each other, and he's like, 'Nice riff,' and I'm like 'Nice tone,'" she said. "So backstage I'm thinking about letting these two worlds collide, how they should collide, so I'm like, 'How about Metals meeting metal?' Brent was like: 'Well, I do like that Bad in Each Other song, I could see that.' Maybe now I will look into learning to cover Oblivion, or anything off [The Hunter]. That album's amazing."

Sanders said there is only "a short window" to do these recordings – "December". But a month seems more than enough time for Feist to coo her way through Stargasm or Blasteroid, and Mastodon could probably transform 1 2 3 4 into a single sinister riff.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://abbaofficial.wordpress.com/

Our new web site for the fan club will be on line very soon, stay tuned for more details.

The old site is no longer available. But all the old features will be back better than ever!

ABBA To Release A Limited Edition 12-inch Single For Record Store Day
Universal/Polar will release a limited edition 12-inch vinyl single for Record Store Day on Saturday, April 21.

Side A features Voulez-Vous (Extended Dance Remix), originally released as a promo-only single in the United States and France. This marks the first commercial vinyl release of this remix. On side B is the equally danceable If It Wasn’t For The Nights, originally released on the Voulez-Vous album.

Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=168220

RAINBOW: 'Long Live Rock 'N' Roll' Picture Disc To Be Made Available For 'Record Store Day' - Jan. 12, 2012
For this year's Record Store Day (April 21), Niji Entertainment Group, the record label Wendy Dio and her late husband Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) formed before his untimely passing, will release a deluxe picture disc of RAINBOW's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll". Each picture disc is numbered and only 2,500 were made. 250 units will be held back for fans that live outside the USA and will be made available via the Niji webstore.

About Record Store Day: Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance Of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition Of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.

Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Bassist Bob Daisley, who was a member of RAINBOW from 1977 to 1979, in August 2010 posted high-quality video footage of of RAINBOW performing the songs "Gates of Babylon", "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" and "L.A. Connection" at a New York studio prior to the release of the band's third studio album, 1978's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll'. You can watch the clips below.

Although Bob Daisley and David Stone are listed on the "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" credits for their contributions, they joined RAINBOW after the recording sessions had already commenced and only appear on a couple of tracks. Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore played most of the bass parts himself for the album.

"Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" was remastered on CD for the U.S. market in April 1999, with the European version following later. The U.S. version had a matte booklet/insert, which matched the original vinyl sleeve for all markets, whereas the European issue was the standard glossy type.

This was RAINBOW's last album to feature Ronnie James Dio on vocals. He left, later to join BLACK SABBATH, and was replaced by Graham Bonnet.

In June 2009 a CD-size book about the making of album was released in the series "Rock Landmarks" called "Long Live Rock N' Roll Story". It was written by RAINBOW and Blackmore expert Jerry Bloom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLN8lHBB ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biE0zdEK ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu8HiZep ... r_embedded
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE wrote:
Carcharodon carcharias wrote:Image
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
Carcharodon carcharias
π

SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:

Fagggot.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

http://pagedownphish.blogspot.com/2012/ ... april.html

Record Store Day Junta Triple LP Drops April 21, 2012
This LE Deluxe 3-LP vinyl set is limited to 5,000 individually numbered copies. Junta was recorded at Euphoria Sound Studios in Revere, Massachusetts in 1987 and 1988 on 16-track 2" tape and was mixed to 1/4" stereo reels. In addition to writing and performing all the music, the band produced the album themselves.

unta was originally self-released on cassette tape in May 1989 with packaging created by the band (included in the new vinyl package). The album was remastered and rereleased as a double CD (and cassette) in October 1992. Junta was certified Gold but, until now, has never been heard on vinyl. The vinyl release was created from the original stereo master reels with lacquers cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. Each LP is pressed onto 180g audiophile grade vinyl and includes a free MP3 download of the entire album (transferred from the new vinyl master).

2,500 of the Junta LE Deluxe 3-LP sets will include a brand new Limited Edition hand-carved, hand-printed linolium block poster by Jim Pollock, created exclusively for this release. These editions will be distributed randomly at participating independently owned record stores across the country, but will be clearly marked.

This LE Deluxe 3-LP vinyl set was created exclusively for Record Store Day. Junta will be available in stores only beginning Saturday, April 21st. For a complete list of participating record stores, please click here.

'Junta' Limited Edition Deluxe 3-LP Vinyl Tracklisting

Side A

- Fee

- You Enjoy Myself

Side B

- Esther

- Golgi Apparatus

- Foam

Side C

- Dinner And A Movie

- Divided Sky

Side D

- David Bowie

Side E

- Fluffhead

- Fluff's Travels

- Contact

F yeah. Looks like I'll be getting up early on RSD again this year...
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:

Carcharodon carcharias
π

SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:

Fagggot.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

"SEPTEMBER" PREMIERE! BRAND NEW MUSIC FROM THE SHINS

We’re thrilled that The Shins chose http://www.recordstoreday.com to premiere their brand new song, "SEPTEMBER", the B-side of the "Simple Song" 7" single that will be in stores next week, and a little appetizer for their March 20 full length Port of Morrow.

It’s been a while since James Mercer has released music as The Shins, and we’re happy to be part of the lead-up to the release of the new album in March. The “Simple Song” 7” (which has the song we’re premiering, “September”, as the B-side) is coming out on Valentine’s Day (sappily appropriate if you read the Rolling Stone article and see what Mercer has to say about the song!), and Mercer has gathered some new folks around him for Port of Morrow (coming on March 20) and the upcoming tour: Janet Weiss (Wild Flag, Sleater-Kinney) plays drums on some of the record, and Richard Swift from Modest Mouse, Yuuki Matthews from Crystal Skulls, Jessica Dobson and Joe Plummer will be hitting road with Mercer.

http://vimeo.com/36263084

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

you are apparently new to this....you should chill & wait till the final list comes out. if it's anything like past years, half of the pre-announced shit will either not be ready in time, or just "not ship" for unknown & mysterious reasons. even the "final" lists are full of errors....NEVER believe their "number pressed." I've only seen that correct 3 or 4 times....they like people to think they're a lot rarer than they actually are.

you're welcome.

SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:

Carcharodon carcharias
π

SHARPPIE wrote:Sorry I'm such a fagggot
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
Fagggot.

I see someone has already given you a memento scar on the side of that tumor you call a head.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

http://new-vinyl.blogspot.com/2012/02/r ... rsd12.html

BLOG ARCHIVE

▼ 2012 (1)
▼ February (1)
Record Store Day 2012/Record Store Day #5--April 2...
► 2011 (14)
► 2009 (19)
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 6, 2012

Record Store Day 2012/Record Store Day #5--April 21, 2012 #rsd12 Release List
Hello again friends!!

Time again to compile the list of releases for Record Store Day in April. Most of the releases are in their final production stages and have to get to the vinyl pressing plants by mid-February in order to make the April date. So we should start getting a steady stream of information about upcoming releases.

ANY LABELS/ARTISTS/PR/MARKETING/ETC THAT WOULD LIKE TO SHARE INFORMATION, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

*****Hey, if you want to steal this list for your website/blog/magazine/facebook, at least have the common courtesy to link back here and give credit!!*****
Here is the list as of Monday, February 13th at 3:30pm EST

RECORD STORE DAY 2012 RELEASES

COMPACT DISCS

• Alice Donut 25th Anniversary 2CD + DVD

7” RECORDS

• Mastodon/Feist Split 7”
• David Bowie Starman Picture Disc 7” (featuring unreleased b-side with Top of Pops performance)
• J. Dilla featuring Common (E=MC2)
• Lydia Lunch Alison b/w Bad Way to Go
• Pinback Information Retrieved Part C. 7”
• Lemuria 2 track 7”
• Unrest Perfect Teeth 6x7” box set (Colored Vinyl w/24 page booklet)
• Gruesome Flowers 7" Part Two (Wake Covers)
• Craft Spells/Blouse split 7”
• Trouble in Mind 4 way split: TIM035: 2012 Record Store Day 4-way covers split 7-inch featuring: MIKAL CRONIN (I Enjoy Being A Boy ~ Banana Splits), APACHE DROPOUT (Cuddly Toy ~ Harry Nilsson), The PAPERHEAD (Stacey Grove ~ Tyrannosaurus Rex), & The LIMIÑANAS (Come Now ~ Troggs)
• Testors Together/Time is Mine
• Never To Be Forgotten – The Flipside Of Stax Records 1968-1974 (10 x 7" box w/100 page book)

• T. Rex Electric Sevens 7” Box Set:
o RECORD STORE DAY 2012 EXCLUSIVE: ELECTRIC SEVENS 7” SINGLES BOX SET

VINYL SINGLE ONE: HOT LOVE
A1: Hot Love - Single Version
B1: Unnamed Instrumental aka “A Lot Of Rubbish” (O/T) *
B2: Hot Love - no strings version

VINYL SINGLE TWO: GET IT ON
A1: Get It On single version
B1: Raw Ramp – London demo version *
B2: Get It On - acoustic demo*

VINYL SINGLE THREE: JEEPSTER
A1: Jeepster – single version
B1: Life's A Gas - electric demo (2.22) *
B2: Jeepster - electric demo (2.15)

VINYL SINGLE FOUR: BBC EP
A1:Sailors of the Highway (2:46) BBC Radio 1 Club – 3rd August 1971
B1:Girl (2:13) BBC Radio 1 Club –3rd August 1971
B2:Electric Boogie (1:47) BBC Radio 1 Club – 20th July 1971
Previously Unreleased *

SUNDAZED 7"s
• Captain Beefheart & The Magic Band~ “Double Single”
Record One: Diddy Wah Diddy b/w Who Do You Think You’re Fooling?
Record Two: Moonchild b/w Frying Pan
(uses the brown A&M records labels)

• Gene Clark~She’s The Kind of Girl b/w One In A Million
(uses the brown A&M labels)

• Dillard & Clark~Lying Down The Middle b/w Why Not?
(uses brown A&M labels)

• Blues Magoos E.P.~So I’m Wrong And You Are Right b/w People Had No Faces & Wild About My Lovin’
(uses brown Verve/Forecast labels)

• The Byrds~I’ll Feel A Whole Lot Better b/w It’s No Use (alternate versions) on CLEAR BLUE VINYL
(uses a picture sleeve that mimics the “Mr. Tambourine Man” LP on White w/ Red Text “Columbia” Promo labels)

• Paul Revere & The Raiders~Ride Your Pony b/w (You’re A) Bad Girl on CLEAR RED VINYL
(uses White w/ Red Text ‘Columbia” Promo labels)

• The Blues Project~(Mose Allison’s) Parchman Farm b/w (Jimmy Reed’s) Bright Lights, Big City
(uses brown Verve/Forecast labels)

• The Chocolate Watch Band~Psychedelic Trip b/w In The Midnight Hour
(uses orange Tower Records labels)

10” RECORDS

• Pete Townshend/Who Quadraphenia Demos Pt 2 Numbered 10” (follow-up to Black Friday 10”)

12” RECORDS

• Battles Gloss Drop Remix 12” Part 4
• Abba Voulez-Vous (Extended Dance Remix) b/w If It Wasn't For The Nights (Glittler Blue Vinyl 180g 12", limited to 4000 copies, each numbered)
• Public Image Ltd. (PIL) "One Drop" 4 track EP (1st new music in 20 years!!)

LP RECORDS:

• Flaming Lips Collaboration LP (Bon Iver, Ke$ha, Nick Cave, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Plastic Ono Band, Neon Indian, Erykah Badu, etc.)
• 311 Music 2LP
• Smashing Pumpkins Pisces Iscariot
• Dio Picture Disc
• Rainbow Long Live Rock N Roll—Picture Disc
• Dinosaur Jr. Electronic Anthology Project (500 Copies—Purple Vinyl)
• Dr. John “Locked Down” LP featuring Dan Auerbach
• Iggy & The Stooges (Live @ All Tomorrow Parties Sept 2010) Picture Disc (1000 copies, each numbered)
• Brendon Benson What Kind of World
• Widespread Panic Best of Wood Tour LIVE LP + 3DVD
• Lee Hazelwood--The LHI years--Singles, Nudes & Backsides 2LP
• Phish Junta 3LP 180g Deluxe Set (5000 copies, each numbered---2500 copies come with hand carved, hand printed poster by Jim Pollack.....1st TIME ON VINYL!)

BOX SETS:

• David Lynch Foundation—Download for Good 4LP Box Set (2500 worldwide)
• Cleaners From Venus/Martin Newell 4xLP box (500 only)
• Medicine (Band) 5xLP +cassette box. (500 Only)
• The Wake "Here Comes Everybody+'83-87 Singles/EP's" 2xLP box. (500 only)
• Amon Tobin 6x10”/7xCD/2xDVD deluxe box

VARIOUS ARTISTS COMPLIATIONS:

• WTNG 89.9FM Solid Bronze (Numero Group)

YET TO BE ANNOUNCED/SEARCHING FOR MORE INFO:

• Merge Records has 4 items coming, yet to find out what they are
• Dine Alone Records (Canada label with City & Colour and Alexisonfire) has 4 releases planned
• Saddle Creek has several 7”s planned including 1 by The Mynabirds
• Omnivore Recordings is doing a release or two (They did the Big Star Test Press Box last year)
• Vanguard should have at least 4 items…waiting to confirm.
POSTED BY OOJAVAGURU AT 5:04 PM
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:

Carcharodon carcharias
π

SHARPPIE wrote:
Carcharodon carcharias wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:
SHARPPIE wrote:

Same old fagggot with a bashed in skull.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

http://exclaim.ca/News/public_image_ann ... ng_release

Public Image Announce Record Store Day EP, Gear Up for New Album's Spring Release

By Gregory Adams
Fans of post-punks Public Image Limited no doubt noticed that the album frontman John Lydon hinted at coming out sometime in 2011 has yet to arrive, but a new timeline for the LP, tentatively titled This is PiL, has it hitting shelves sometime this spring.

An interview with Lydon on BBC 6music today (February 13) had the singer confirming that the album has been completed, and that we can expect it in either May or June.

"The album's done," he said. "We finished it late last summer, mastered it in September."

While neither a tracklisting nor a firm street date has been delivered, a teaser EP to the album will arrive on Record Store Day. The One Drop EP will drop on April 21, and Lydon describes it as "four songs to give you a taste of what the album is, which is 12 songs; it's a lot of music we put together, and all of it's rather all right."

The title track was premiered on BBC host Steve Lamacq's program this afternoon.

UPDATE: You can stream "One Drop" here via Slicing Up Eyeballs.

This is PiL will be the band's first album since 1992's That What Is Not.

Thanks to http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2012/0 ... k+music%29 for the tip.

The reactivated Public Image Ltd. will release its first new album in 20 years — a 12-track effort to be called This is PiL — in either May or June, and will tease the release with a four-song, vinyl-only EP spotlighting the single “One Drop” that will be released on Record Store Day, frontman John Lydon announced on British radio this morning.

“The album’s done,” Lydon told the hosts of BBC’s 6 Music morning show today. “We finished it late last summer, mastered it in September.”

The One Drop EP, to be released on vinyl on Record Store Day on April 21, is “four songs to give you a taste of what the album is, which is 12 songs; it’s a lot of music we put together, and all of it’s rather all right,” Lydon said during a brief call from Los Angeles.

The track “One Drop” is expected to receive is debut airing this afternoon on Steve Lamacq’s show on 6 Music, according to PiL’s website. No further information about the album, the band’s first since 1992′s That What Is Not, has yet been revealed by Lydon or PiL.

PiL also was announced as performing at Radio 6′s 10th anniversary celebrations on March 16.

UPDATE: Stream Public Image Ltd.’s ‘One Drop’ — first new PiL recording in 20 years

The reactivated Public Image Ltd. will release its first new album in 20 years — a 12-track effort to be called This is PiL — in either May or June, and will tease the release with a four-song, vinyl-only EP spotlighting the single “One Drop” that will be released on Record Store Day, frontman John Lydon announced on British radio this morning.

“The album’s done,” Lydon told the hosts of BBC’s 6 Music morning show today. “We finished it late last summer, mastered it in September.”

The One Drop EP, to be released on vinyl on Record Store Day on April 21, is “four songs to give you a taste of what the album is, which is 12 songs; it’s a lot of music we put together, and all of it’s rather all right,” Lydon said during a brief call from Los Angeles.

The track “One Drop” is expected to receive is debut airing this afternoon on Steve Lamacq’s show on 6 Music, according to PiL’s website. No further information about the album, the band’s first since 1992′s That What Is Not, has yet been revealed by Lydon or PiL.

PiL also was announced as performing at Radio 6′s 10th anniversary celebrations on March 16.

UPDATE: Stream Public Image Ltd.’s ‘One Drop’ — first new PiL recording in 20 years
Liingus
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 16

Post by Liingus »

how many years has it been since PILs last release?
the suspense is killing me
Carcharodon carcharias
π

(lingus) wrote:how many years has it been since PILs last release?
the suspense is killing me

Sweet! Maybe you will not be around much longer.
Liingus
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Liingus »

OH THE WAIT!
Carcharodon carcharias
π

(lingus) wrote:OH THE WAIT!

Try pills. (since your a pussy) They work.
Liingus
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Liingus »

a prescription?
a-ha!
knew it. ocean doctor

Poseidon MD I presume

:lol:
Carcharodon carcharias
π

John Doe wrote:a prescription?
a-ha!
knew it. ocean doctor

Poseidon MD I presume

:lol:
What ever it takes, John Doe.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

FACT: Tylenol only works on pussies.