Record Store Day 2012

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries
Missin' Jimmy level: 5

Re: Record Store Day 2012

Post by notHuman »

Hey what was the retail price on that Triplehawk?

I went to every record store in Ottawa
one store got 2 copies of tomahawk, sold them both before I got there

Why would the ipecac site say to buy it from a record store and NOT on ebay? Wouldn't someone have had to buy it at a record store in order to sell it on ebay? They even opened for Tool in Ottawa... only 2 copies for Ottawa?!?! I'm pissed.

Got a Faith No More - Live in Chile DVD, though. Looks pretty professional but of course this is a bootleg. It's got pics of patton in black suit, peach suit, and red suit on the dvd art so I dunno which year it was yet. I'll take a pic later and post it on up... maybe even scan the cover. yeah that sounds way more better.

Gotta go buy Eponymous To Anonymous on ebay now. shit's weak
makemesick
opulent otter
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by makemesick »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:Image

Picked this up this morning! Fuck Yeah!

Do the three records in there have their own cover-art or are they just stuck in plain white sleeves?
earthling? wrote:please don't bother me here again.
any further botherment from you will be regarded as a THREAT and dealt with as such.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Did you not look at the images posted on the previous page from last week?
Sharppie is my best friend.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Carcharodon carcharias
π

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

Eviltoastman wrote:Did you not look at the images posted on the previous page from last week?

Yep! Sure did! I wanted to post it again.

areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
Carcharodon carcharias
π

makemesick wrote:

Do the three records in there have their own cover-art or are they just stuck in plain white sleeves?
All three have there respective artwork. I haven't opened it yet. Soooooon.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

how much did it cost in the record store? those ebay prices look like they might be doubled
Carcharodon carcharias
π

notHuman wrote:how much did it cost in the record store? those ebay prices look like they might be doubled
$45.99. I know they had one more so if it is still there I may grab it too.
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

oh shit yeah... these guys are making a killing on ebay then.

some are also saying that the boxset is limited to 1900 too, mahfuckin liars.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Yeah it's boolshit. I was to understand 5,000 copies worldwide. That's why i got my ass up and went and stood in line. After they opened the doors, I was probably 20th bozo to get in and the place looked like beehive after it had been hit with a stick. I was on one side of the store just looking around when I saw it on the shelf across the room. I just went for it dodging everyone. The guys at the counter said they had 1 more, but I would have felt bad to ask for it. But if its still there I'll grab it. If it's not, it's prolly on ebay right now. I'd like to kick someone in the nuts for selling it for $125. Ipecac should just make it available from there shop.
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

Considering most record stores I went to were in basements... the "lifeblood" of the music industry might have a mold problem haha.

Foreal though, I've flipped a record or two in my day on ebay but my only sale that was of any significance was a GWAR 2004 tour dvd they sold only on tour. I think I sold that bitch for over $300.

But I had kept it for years and watched it and loved it. Either way, fuck those guys and their overcharging!
makemesick
opulent otter

Post by makemesick »

Eviltoastman wrote:Did you not look at the images posted on the previous page from last week?

oops, missed that. Thanks for the pics. :D
earthling? wrote:please don't bother me here again.
any further botherment from you will be regarded as a THREAT and dealt with as such.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

makemesick wrote:

Same as CDs
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Wait until the fuss dies down.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Eviltoastman wrote:Wait until the fuss dies down.

What's the fuss? Its just a re-release of their previous records on VINYL in new packaging limited to 5,000 copies worldwide that could only be obtained at greasy, cheesy record stores on one particular morning while the after math leaves the remnants to be obtained via scum sucker's life blood (Egay) at a 300% fee. What's the fuss?
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:

What's the fuss? Its just a re-release of their previous records on VINYL in new packaging limited to 5,000 copies worldwide that could only be obtained at greasy, cheesy record stores on one particular morning while the after math leaves the remnants to be obtained via scum sucker's life blood (Egay) at a 300% fee. What's the fuss?
You clearly don't understand how this works. A few weeks after the hype and hyteria goes down, you can usually pick up Record Store Day releases of this kind of quantity for less than they paid. The scalpers really take hits because of record store days after the hype dies down. They only benefit from the idiots who go running around like loons trying to source copies because the stores sold out.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Eviltoastman wrote:

You clearly don't understand how this works. A few weeks after the hype and hyteria goes down, you can usually pick up Record Store Day releases of this kind of quantity for less than they paid. The scalpers really take hits because of record store days after the hype dies down. They only benefit from the idiots who go running around like loons trying to source copies because the stores sold out.

Good luck, chump.
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

Eviltoastman wrote:

Sweet... I hope the hype is quick to dissipate. Truly the experience I wanted was to have my choice of several copies and choose the one in best condition like I would in any store buying any product. This is what those scalping bastards have stolen from me. Not that I'm excusing distributers for only sending 2 copies to Ottawa but, yeah. Shit yeah.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

notHuman wrote:
Eviltoastman wrote:

Sweet... I hope the hype is quick to dissipate. Truly the experience I wanted was to have my choice of several copies and choose the one in best condition like I would in any store buying any product. This is what those scalping bastards have stolen from me. Not that I'm excusing distributers for only sending 2 copies to Ottawa but, yeah. Shit yeah.

I can see your point, I had little choice as there was 1 to choose from, but it is pristine, so I guess it's all good.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote: Good luck, chump.
I had mine before the release date for £30.00

;)

Luck is for cunts.
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!
Favorite Music: JOn LemonS
Favorite Books: that book
Favorite Films: snuff flick staring your mom
Location: assgrabber party supply store annex superstore bathroom stall

Post by clitty litter »

what a lucky cunt to have luck for a cunt.
does a four-leaf clover just above a cunt spell good cunt-luck for cunt wielder?
Do you ever try to pee the dookie off the inside of the toilet bowl?
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Eviltoastman wrote:
Carcharodon carcharias wrote: Good luck, chump.
I had mine before the release date for £30.00

;)

Luck is for cunts.

:lol: :lol: Yeah right!

Luck was with you then, cunt

cough cough booooolshit.

Unless you got a buddy at record store and promised to suck the cob webs out of his granny.

Shut the fuck up!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

No luck, you just have to network and know where to look.#

I just bought a 2nd copy from a different vendor: £20.00 + 3.25 shipping:
EDIT: Deleted image.

They still may have some left:
http://screencast.com/t/DhZXM35YJ8

Vid - no tricks:
http://screencast.com/t/zViXdI3kagbX

RSD rushes are idiotic but not as idiotic as the post RSD ebay rush. Buy the items as regular stock after the event direct from stores and save some cash.

EDIT: 5,000 copies for a band like tomahawk is excessive. Remember the CDs do an equally great job of making Patton look like a hypocrite for leaving Faith No More.
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

Never got a record from a different continent. I'd worry about the price and safety of the shipping.

Haha I dunno if I can agree the RSD rush is that idiotic. A day that a bunch of great (arguable) records come out and it probably generates more sales as a result. Like I think I saw some lady buying some Gary Moore cds. But the after-rush could be seen as idiotic when I consider your points.

Any idea how many tomahawk sold of each album?
I wonder to try and guess if that 5000 is enough. I'm sure you're right and they'll be around for a while longer. But after seeing what Ottawa got, I don't think Canada will be having them available ever. I'm stuck haha
Carcharodon carcharias
π

notHuman wrote:Never got a record from a different continent. I'd worry about the price and safety of the shipping.

Haha I dunno if I can agree the RSD rush is that idiotic. A day that a bunch of great (arguable) records come out and it probably generates more sales as a result. Like I think I saw some lady buying some Gary Moore cds. But the after-rush could be seen as idiotic when I consider your points.

Any idea how many tomahawk sold of each album?
I wonder to try and guess if that 5000 is enough. I'm sure you're right and they'll be around for a while longer. But after seeing what Ottawa got, I don't think Canada will be having them available ever. I'm stuck haha

I'll get one for ya. I'm sure it will be decent price.