Suck My Cock (the official Hoor thread)

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay
Missin' Jimmy level: 999

Suck My Cock (the official Hoor thread)

Post by Hoor-paar-Kraat »

So, I have a new LP and a tape (yes, a tape) out and I figured I would make a thread where I would be able to tell you all about my activities and you could either suck my cock or tell me that I suck cock. The choice is entirely up to you.

Okay, here goes.
The new LP (my third) is called "A Doorbell of Earbows for Brefix"

This LP is half a reissue and half unreleased material.
The A side is comprised of the two tracks that made up the 3" CDr release of "The Huntington Chapters" which was released in an edition of 151 copies on Small-Doses. The B side is entirely unreleased material recorded during the same sessions.
The whole thing has been mastered at the capable hands of James Plotkin (O.L.D., Khanate, Khylst, Phantomsmasher, etc...)
500 copies on black wax

The tape is "Graduating from Clocks to Watches" (Eureka Tapes Vol. II)
This is a 6 track C60 released in an edition of 200 by the great little steam engine of a label Peasant Magik. As the title suggests, all tracks were recorded during my time in Eureka. Volume I was called "A Whisper in the Sow's Ear" and was released as a 3" CDr by Small-Doses in an edition of 150 and may still be available.

I'm currently finishing Volume III to be used as a backdrop for my March exhibit at the Box Gallery in Costa Mesa where I'll be displaying a new series along with my good friend Duane Hosein.
More on that later.

There you have it.
Suck my cock.
H.I.V. = F U N!
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

I also have one of them there blog thingies.

http://www.Goat-Eater.blogspot.com
H.I.V. = F U N!
Hank
cute as a crackbaby
Favorite Music: METAL
Favorite Books: LOVECRAFT
Favorite Films: HORROR
Favorite TV: SEX AND THE CITY
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Hank »

how in the sam hell do i order that there lp?
Tits of War!
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Grotocult »

telepathic oral sex incantation duh
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

I suppose I should have mentioned that.

Right now, Goat Eater is the only place that has copies.

Paypal ID: HowlinMadMurphy@hotmail.com
$14 postage paid in the US
$17 to Canada
$22 everywhere else

The tape goes through PeasantMagik.com

Email HoorpaarKraat <<AT>> hotmail <<DOT>> com
H.I.V. = F U N!
Mr John
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Mr John »

Hoor, is a 69 out of the question?
"Bof."
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

My girl and I just had one, yesterday.
That's one of my favorite things to do.
It's almost a prerequisite for me when I'm gonna get some.
H.I.V. = F U N!
hassidic bacon
deputy wert

Post by hassidic bacon »

camel spunk can take off soul varnish and free your head
there is no time to waste
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

Here's a nice little review of Graduating from Clocks to Watches from Brainwashed.com

http://brainwashed.com/index.php?option ... 0&Itemid=1
With well over 20 releases to its name, Anthony Mangicapra's Hoor-paar-Kraat project has taken on many guises over the years, containing no less than 14 different collaborators over the course of its varied discography. No matter the personnel though, the unit has consistently pushed at the boundaries between drone, noise and musique concrète to masterful effect. Here, Mangicapra teams up with four cohorts and comes up with a beautifully consistent and thematically realized piece. That it has been printed in a relatively large run (for this sort of release anyway...) of 200 is good news, but unfortunately not so good that anyone who wants one can afford to bide their time should they desire a copy. Such is the tape world I suppose; c'est la vie.

http://PeasantMagik.net

Consistent with the standard working mode of the band, this release tip-toes around the darker precipices of its various genre dabblings without ever submerging into total blackness. Spread across the six lengthy tracks are thick and tactile dronescapes, disturbed vocal babblings, and creepy guitar dirges atop squawking synthesizer cries. This dark and mysterious atmosphere, consistent with the group's enigmatic existence, is hardly a dip in the relatively safe waters of the overdone doom and gloom rock pursued by so many though; Hoor-paar-Kraat merely use this as a starting point from which to uncover deeper pockets of mystery. That they never tell their listener exactly how to feel is one of the great--and ultimately frightening--strengths they display.

Each track here more or less represents a single approach, and the patience exhibited in working within those specific and relatively limited fields makes each piece its own whole without becoming so cluttered as to take away from the album's sense of focus. The first side, for example, opens with "Lacking a Cast Shadow," a slow and smooth drone buildup that shimmers with gray stillness as swathes of air bellow beneath scratching claws and tiny bells. Nearly unmoving, the piece serves as a palette cleanser, easing the listener into the decidedly more elusive and eerie version of bleak pursued on "Habit and the Smooth Sailing of the Psyche." That this too finds its groove, opting for odd tape clatterings and distant, crawling gamelan moves that keep the descending trajectory of the album as restrained and patient as possible.

If the first side of the tape is the journey downward—especially with the closing "departure of the Icicle Man" and its dark and knotty drone loops—then the second side is the arrival and subsequent blind exploration of that realm. "Relics of the Inheritance" features odd guitar string tuggings and hollowed out verbal ramblings that leave little to grasp on to. That the group is willing to do so is wholly unsettling, and remarkably effective as a logical progression from the hints of this amorphous approach presented on the first side.

Perhaps the most oblique and overtly gloomy material on the tape is found on "The Broken windows of a Fertile World," whose bird calls and playground chatter hover menacingly under austere guitar explorations. This is a sparse and dismal landscape indeed, but Hoor-paar-Kraat handles it as delicately as it does everything here; the piece never erupts with anything near a climax, instead floating with delicate hostility whose unending patience grinds any safety net to a pulp, leaving you fully unsuspecting of the harsh blasts of static din that erupt on the closing "The Self is an Onion-Self."

The keen sense of timing and clear division between approaches on each side marks the basement academicism of the release. While many artists working in this vein achieve liftoff with nearly every track, it is refreshing to hear a unit at work that understands the power of sonic confinement and the dire connotations of time. While the title may suggest a technological move forward, it also means that the clock is always present, counting down the hours one by one to be monitored at your convenience. And this is just the sort of dark momentum forged from track to track as this fully realized outing unfolds.
Why does everybody think I use synthesizers?
I don't even own one. In fact, the first few shows I played were total all-out noise and I was using a Roland JP 8080 with two black Sovetek Big Muffs, a compression pedal, a Rat distortion and two Boss digital delays. I got so bored with the synth that I eventually gave it back to the guy I had bought it from and got a few Eric Dolphy records, a Mingus record, three Sam Taylor records and a Johnny Thunders bootleg LP which I later traded for something else.

I don't like or really understand synths.

The third and final volume of the the Eureka tapes series Taxonomy of Divine Organisms (Eureka Tapes Vol.III) will be released an conjunction with and for sale exclusively at my March 21st exhibit "Above and Below" with Duane Hosein at The Box Gallery in Costa Mesa, CA.

Be there or be too acute to be obtuse.
H.I.V. = F U N!
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

shit....puppy gets back in town on the 21st. will it be running, or is it a 1 day thing? are you gonna be there?
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Grotocult »

That's my birthday. I think I'll pass this time.
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

SHARPPIE";p="1010494 wrote:shit....puppy gets back in town on the 21st. will it be running, or is it a 1 day thing? are you gonna be there?
The exhibit will be up for 6 weeks. Unfortunately, I will be unable to make it. The move to NYC has completely drained my bank account. So, feel free to buy a painting while you're there.
erutlucorgga";p="1010550 wrote:That's my birthday. I think I'll pass this time.
This time?
Did you go to the last one?
H.I.V. = F U N!
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

I was gonna 'offer my services' for one... :sad:

it's pretty close...we will (at least) be there.

Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

I'll be showing there again in about another year.
We'll meet up eventually.
I'd love "your services" because I miss Humboldt for that exact reason.
I'm hoping some of my friends back there will remember to mail me a care package.
How close to Costa Mesa are you?
Last time I was there I was supposed to stay with a friend in Elsenore or something like that but I don't even know where that is.
H.I.V. = F U N!
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

well, I'm not walking it....it's about an hour drive.

lake elsinore is kinda southeast of LA...it's probably closer to costa mesa than I am.

Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

Re: Suck My Cock (the official Hoor thread)

Oh. Well, I'd only go to Lake Elsenore because I want to kick someone's ass who lives there.
H.I.V. = F U N!
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v284/ ... 876a11.pbw

Here's a link to my half of the show, if anyone cares.
H.I.V. = F U N!
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Re:

Post by SHARPPIE »

Hoor-paar-Kraat wrote:The third and final volume of the the Eureka tapes series Taxonomy of Divine Organisms (Eureka Tapes Vol.III) will be released an conjunction with and for sale exclusively at my March 21st exhibit "Above and Below" with Duane Hosein at The Box Gallery in Costa Mesa, CA.

Be there or be too acute to be obtuse.

we went yesterday...I gotta say, it was worth the drive. the guy & girl running the place couldn't be nicer.
http://www.boxboxbox.com/exhibitions/

your acrylic stuff is fucking clean! I really dig the three with the sand color (sorry, I can't remember names...I think one was Dagpa???), and the worm/centipede looking thing (standing on a cliff...clouds 'n stuff).....but all were really tight. your color pallet is slightly happier (brighter, sunnier)...you're still dark as fuck, but it's a 'happy dark as fuck" now.

Hosein's stuff is pretty awesome too...reminds me a lot of Nick Blinko (Rudimentary Peni)...extremely intricate.

bottom line: you have a few sold...I don't think Duane has sold any. if I wasn't broke, I would have...

puppy
a lustrous shine

Post by puppy »

Anferny, the ones you have with the sand colors remind me of De Chirico.
Rick Cave";p="892315 wrote:I still look like a complete twat, Yumiko.
So take that.

:cry:
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

Re: Re:

puppy wrote:Anferny, the ones you have with the sand colors remind me of De Chirico.
Thanks! That's a huge compliment considering that he's pretty much the grand-poobah of surrealism.
SHARPPIE wrote:[we went yesterday...I gotta say, it was worth the drive. the guy & girl running the place couldn't be nicer.
http://www.boxboxbox.com/exhibitions/

your acrylic stuff is fucking clean! I really dig the three with the sand color (sorry, I can't remember names...I think one was Dagpa???), and the worm/centipede looking thing (standing on a cliff...clouds 'n stuff).....but all were really tight. your color pallet is slightly happier (brighter, sunnier)...you're still dark as fuck, but it's a 'happy dark as fuck" now.

Hosein's stuff is pretty awesome too...reminds me a lot of Nick Blinko (Rudimentary Peni)...extremely intricate.

bottom line: you have a few sold...I don't think Duane has sold any. if I wasn't broke, I would have...
Thanks for going. How long of a drive was it?
If I recall correctly; the three with the sandy colored ground are "Dugpa", "Pan" & "Nuit". Those were the first three I did for the series. Then I did three others, decided not to finish them and began the final series, which is the color palatte that's present on the other thirteen. The "worm/centipede looking thing" was my version of the Islamic Angel of Death. At one point I actually decided to put a small version of Muhammed in there and the gallery owner told me that he really didn't want to see me getting my head sawed off on some YouTube video. So, I stopped where I was at.

Thanks again for going and don't worry about not buying one. I'm just glad you actually got to see the show.
H.I.V. = F U N!
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

no problem...it was great. it took about 45 minutes to get there...no traffic.

follow up questions:

What's with the elevens?

and

Why do you have 2 different signatures?

Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

The XI is a reference to "magick". Some of you may know that the letter K was added to the end of the word magic by Aleister Crowley as it was "the one beyond ten" and the letter K is the eleventh letter in many alphabets.

The two different signatures are used because my normal signature is too big and flamboyant to fit on some of the smaller paintings. If you notice the "A" I use as a signature looks like a dick. I guess I just never grew out of drawing dicks on things. So, when people buy my pieces that are signed like that, they're also buying a drawing of a dick.

Again, thanks so much for going. You have no idea what that means to me.

Yumiko, are you still painting? I haven't seen anything new from you in a while.
Everybody who ever comesto my house always comments on the two stuff girls that I have as well as "The Licking".
I hope you're still painting and drawing.
H.I.V. = F U N!
puppy
a lustrous shine

Post by puppy »

hell yes i'm still painting. i have this little thing in a gallery right now:

and i just finished this:

usually i just post them in the highlight thread in that other section with the hugs and puppies.
Rick Cave";p="892315 wrote:I still look like a complete twat, Yumiko.
So take that.

:cry:
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

Glad to see it. Congrats on the gallery, too.
I was afraid that you'd either given up or began doing your coloring in photoshop.
H.I.V. = F U N!
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay

From the Goat Eater Arts blog.
http://goat-eater.blogspot.com/
Go there for all the links and such.
After all the dust has settled from the recent flurry of exhibitions, releases, recording, visitors, death, disappointments and cancellations Goat Eater Arts is on track to bring you some new releases from artists you may or may not be familiar with.
We've got 3 new CDr releases on the horizon from the likes of Italy's king of the depraved and perverse Fecalove, Oklahoma's minimalist doom outfit Persistence in Mourning and the inimitable sound sculpture of Nicholas Szczepanik.
More information on these releases will be coming soon. For now, be patient as they'll definitely worth the wait.

Also in the pipes is Goat Eater's foray into the world of tapes beginning with two we're sure you'll enjoy.
Both releases will be splits between Hoor-paar-Kraat and another artist.

First will be the long overdue split between HpK and long time friend and collaborator Richard Vergez also known under the moniker of Drowning the Virgin Silence. Both tracks on this split clock in at just over 5 minutes and explore the sillier, more whimsical side of each artist, showing that we don't always take everything so seriously. It is bound to delight and confound the listener and may even be our first shot at pop stardom.

Drowning the Virgin Silence has a new release available. "Under the Sulfur Sky" has just been released by Reverb Worship. Go there to pick it up and have a look at the many other great releases they have in stock.

Second is a split with Eureka, California's Psychic Fare, headed up by Damaged Restrooms label founder, and ex drummer of the now defunct Plague Lounge Bandon Taylor . This band embodies the true meaning of psychedelia and we're proud as hell to be working along side them as they're an incredibly inventive band and wonderful people, to boot.

Psychic Fare is in the process of releasing their second full length, "Wet Wire" a follow up to their debut "The Slow Drag", on their own imprint Damaged Restrooms. Having received an advance copy, we can say, without doubt, that this is a truly captivating and mind blowing experience and we at Goat Eater encourage you to check it out.

Also in the works is the ultimate release of "The Eureka Tapes" (The Complete Recordings) to be issued as a joint effort between Small-Doses & Basses Frequences. This 2 CD set will re-release all eighteen tracks, from the three volumes of the Eureka Tapes; "A Whisper in the Sow's Ear", "Graduating from Clocks to Watches", "The Taxonomy of Divine Organisms" as well as previously unreleased and scarcely available tracks recorded during the same sessions. At this time, this release is still in the planning phases.

That's all for now. Until next time; be just and if you can't be just then be arbitrary.

I O Pan
A. Mangicapra & the Goat Eater family.
H.I.V. = F U N!