Tomahawk - Anonymous

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

El Suave";p="872427 wrote:very fucking nice! :grin: sounding nothing like their previous 2 albums, it's a little weird to say it's the best tomahawk album, but it is. a couple of bungle moments in there as well. navajo bungle if you will.

album hereby appreciated.
Sustained!!
Stuff that gives you a boner is NSFW. So nekkid babies are. A heap of naked nekkid babies are. A heap of naked grind-musicians isn't. -Twixta
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

NINFNM";p="872244 wrote:
dr saca muelas";p="871966 wrote:yer welkome... :roll:
oh yeah thanks for always helping me to see how retarded I am when it comes to the intergay :biggrin:
yer not retarded, u did just fine, what i said was if u spent more time on useful stuff and not retarded gay shit like myspace, you'd woulda known how to use torrents a long time ago!!!
Thunder Beer
a lustrous shine

Post by Thunder Beer »

MaliceinWonderland";p="872424 wrote:Wow!! you are a master with words!! Seriously man, can't you even say something KIND of clever.
I have a feeling you are using your big brothers computer again, because I'd swear you are like 9 years old.
You have horrible grammer problems. You don't have one useful contribution to this forum, and you're imagination is equatable to a black hole.

y]7nW-

I can say a couple of clever things in Norwegian...

But nothing as clever as this:
MaliceinWonderland";p="872347 wrote:There is usually a 2 year period of people saying a Patton albums sucks before they see it's genius. It somewhat worries me that everybody is liking this album right off of the bat. Even California took a year before most Bungle fans realized how good it was. They expected DV2.
Peeping Tom is fantastic. In a year everybody will love it.
This new Tomahawk is great, but is it too giving?, and not demanding enough? Usually it takes a Patton fan a lot of listens before they get taught what it was that Patton was teaching. This album may be too much dessert and not enough veggies. Or, even though the direction is different, is he really bending our minds as much as usual?
Probably is, but maybe this is one of the rare times when what he and Duane had a vision to do was palettable on first listen. It still is a curious thing. I put in Suspended animation once or so a month for a year and it didn't do anything for me, then it clicked slowly. This one just seems like candy right off the bat. Will we get filled up too quick?
:lol:
Rick Cave";p="924516 wrote: ...once you go Toby you never go back.
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

No you can't, or you would have by now.

iiii y]7nW +oN-
Stuff that gives you a boner is NSFW. So nekkid babies are. A heap of naked nekkid babies are. A heap of naked grind-musicians isn't. -Twixta
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

What a fucking spastic-fuckbag.
Sharppie is my best friend.
Thunder Beer
a lustrous shine

Post by Thunder Beer »

MaliceinWonderland";p="872434 wrote:No you can't, or you would have by now.

iiii y]7nW +oN-

Yeah, youre right... But just out of curiosity, where did you find your sources?
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Dress Barn »

fancielad";p="872338 wrote:God, this shit is horrendous. You guys suck.
Great, now the boards gonna get shut down... :roll:
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Sharppie is my best friend.
NINFNM
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Favorite Music: Mike Patton
Favorite Books: ???
Favorite Films: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder verison)
Favorite TV: Columbo

Post by NINFNM »

dr saca muelas";p="872430 wrote:
NINFNM";p="872244 wrote:
dr saca muelas";p="871966 wrote:yer welkome... :roll:
oh yeah thanks for always helping me to see how retarded I am when it comes to the intergay :biggrin:
yer not retarded, u did just fine, what i said was if u spent more time on useful stuff and not retarded gay shit like myspace, you'd woulda known how to use torrents a long time ago!!!
I didn't know how to do torrents before cuz I had dial-up and don't like waiting forever. Oh oops :oops: *forgets ixdan has dial-up*

PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

suuuuuuuuuuure :roll:
NINFNM

Post by NINFNM »

*gives big hug* :taste:
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

:evil:
NINFNM

Post by NINFNM »

:curse: GIVE ME A HUG BACK YOU FUCKER!!!!
poopshipdestroyer
π

Post by poopshipdestroyer »

Tooooooooooorbjøøøøøøøøøøøørn! No e da midaaaaaaaaaaag.
CerebroDespierto
your rank here

Post by CerebroDespierto »

ok, for those who havent heard the album yet.....

Tomahawk has turned into a....."look!, its another The Mike Patton Show Band!"......with Stanier and Duane absolutely nowhere to be found on the cd.......i think, no,... I KNOW, that Patton was too embarassed to ask the Fantomas guys to participate in this idiotic idea, ....so he locked himself in his room with his little computer did it all himself and then slapped a Tomahawk sticker on it......it also appears that Patton missed the history lesson discussing the differences between East and West.....because you know that Lady and the Tramp movie.....that song with the Siamese cats?....."We are Siameeiz if you pleeiz"......yeah, the entire cd sounds like that.

You're an idiot. You can have the opinion that it sucks, but have you not even been paying attention? Duane Denison had the idea, and arranged all the music and recorded it and Mike Patton just added vocals, and maybe some noise and sound effects.
Goodnight my Kings Of New England, My Bridges of Madison County...
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

MaliceinWonderland";p="872347 wrote:There is usually a 2 year period of people saying a Patton albums sucks before they see it's genius. It somewhat worries me that everybody is liking this album right off of the bat. Even California took a year before most Bungle fans realized how good it was. They expected DV2.
Peeping Tom is fantastic. In a year everybody will love it.
This new Tomahawk is great, but is it too giving?, and not demanding enough? Usually it takes a Patton fan a lot of listens before they get taught what it was that Patton was teaching. This album may be too much dessert and not enough veggies. Or, even though the direction is different, is he really bending our minds as much as usual?
Probably is, but maybe this is one of the rare times when what he and Duane had a vision to do was palettable on first listen. It still is a curious thing. I put in Suspended animation once or so a month for a year and it didn't do anything for me, then it clicked slowly. This one just seems like candy right off the bat. Will we get filled up too quick?

Your post makes quite a bit of sense. Many Patton albums take a while to sink in before they can be fully appreciated. Disco Volante is one of the best examples. Probably because I was expecting it to sound more like the debut and instead Bungle took a sharp turn and threw me a bit. I really didnt like the alubum much for a long time and now it's one of, of not my very favorite Patton album ever. Of course the douchebags on this forum will simply say because you didnt like it at first you had to "trick yourself into liking it"-meaning you dont REALLY like it, you just tricked yourself because it's Patton......FUCKING douchebags. If that were the case I'd be listtening to Weird Little Boy, Hemophiliac, Romances all the time which I dont because I didnt like those albums. But then agian some of Pattons work can be appreciated right away. I loved Director's Cut automatically and still do to this day. Same with Angel Dust. Tomahawks's first 2 I liked at first but then both albums started getting bland and I still feel that way with the excetion of 4 or 5 solid tracks. I havn't heard Anonymous yet so the jury is still out. I hope I like it.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

CerebroDespierto";p="872473 wrote:

You're an idiot. You can have the opinion that it sucks, but have you not even been paying attention? Duane Denison had the idea, and arranged all the music and recorded it and Mike Patton just added vocals, and maybe some noise and sound effects.
and u believe that after hearing it?.....you sir, are the idiot
Hank
cute as a crackbaby
Favorite Music: METAL
Favorite Books: LOVECRAFT
Favorite Films: HORROR
Favorite TV: SEX AND THE CITY

Post by Hank »

Fuck you Wendal. Weird Little Boy is the shit which JAMS.

This new Tomahawk jams too.
Tits of War!
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

no it doesnt hank
CerebroDespierto
your rank here

YOU'RE the idiot for omitting blatant facts to further your anti-patton agenda. You can hate the album all you want, you can hate Patton all you want, that doesn't really matter to me, or I imagine anyone else, especially on an internet forum, but it's always been common knowledge that all Mike Patton does for Tomahawk is write lyrics, sing and add sound effects. He doesn't write any music and it's not even his band. There are multiple interviews where they are out and out saying that they wrote the music and recorded it in Nashville without Mike Patton even there. But somehow when it comes down to it, somehow it turns out HE wrote all the music and did it all himself in his room. That doesn't even make any sense and it makes you contradict yourself. The instrumental are pretty solid and technical and the production is also pretty well done, but wait, I thought Mike Patton was a horrible musician and couldn't compose good music on his own? I thought the recordings he did in his home studio had shitty production quality? How did he do all this then?
meatpan
π

Post by meatpan »

These songs make want to go out and scalp some white people and take back our land.
poopshipdestroyer
π

Post by poopshipdestroyer »

It's great. Good to hear something worthwhile after the Peeping Tom ebarrasment.
Kicking Against The Pricks
Thunder Beer
a lustrous shine

Post by Thunder Beer »

poopshipdestroyer";p="872469 wrote:Tooooooooooorbjøøøøøøøøøøøørn! No e da midaaaaaaaaaaag.
Hvilken dialekt var det?
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

CerebroDespierto";p="872493 wrote:YOU'RE the idiot for omitting blatant facts to further your anti-patton agenda. You can hate the album all you want, you can hate Patton all you want, that doesn't really matter to me, or I imagine anyone else, especially on an internet forum, but it's always been common knowledge that all Mike Patton does for Tomahawk is write lyrics, sing and add sound effects. He doesn't write any music and it's not even his band. There are multiple interviews where they are out and out saying that they wrote the music and recorded it in Nashville without Mike Patton even there. But somehow when it comes down to it, somehow it turns out HE wrote all the music and did it all himself in his room. That doesn't even make any sense and it makes you contradict yourself. The instrumental are pretty solid and technical and the production is also pretty well done, but wait, I thought Mike Patton was a horrible musician and couldn't compose good music on his own? I thought the recordings he did in his home studio had shitty production quality? How did he do all this then?
gimme yer address and ill drive there to let u know how much this album suxorz fehg
CerebroDespierto
your rank here

Wha? How much you think the album sucks is completely irrelevant as I stated above. What is relevant is that you either ignore obvious facts and speak half-truth in a fleeting attempt to be able to make fun of someone on a forum(we all make fun of people who suck, even on forums, but to go out of your way to try and doctor reality is pretty ridiculous), or you believe that there is some mass conspiracy where Mike Patton has made zombie slaves out of a random group of established musicians, so that he can write a bunch of music in his bedroom, and have them play it and claim that they wrote it.

Either way you're a ridiculous idiot.