highlight of your day?

Hugs & puppies
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Re: highlight of your day?

Post by SHARPPIE »

I assume that request was for jeremy, but on the off chance you were actually speaking to me....

I didn't want to write my last name when I posted originally, but it makes it even better...I've known this guy for at least 10 years...he still thinks my last name is my first.
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
Liingus
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 16

Post by Liingus »

:lol:

new nickname!

thanks STEVENS
ReverseEngineer
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by ReverseEngineer »

you blacked it out but I think I know
it's Thomas Dolby, isn't it.
mr. arcade
welcome back ricotta!

Post by mr. arcade »

poetry in motion..
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... appen.html

Man 'buys' $3billion CD-ROM on Amazon - just to see what would happen
Jan 2, 2010

A man in the U.S. has 'bought' an item on Amazon with a price tag of nearly three billion dollars - just to see what would happen.

Brian Klug spotted the copy of the Discovery Channel's 'Cells' CD-ROM for sale at $2,904,980,000 (£1,800,979,540).

Out of sheer curiosity, convinced the price tag was a mistake, he put in his credit card details to buy it and stepped back to see what would happen next.

First off, Mr Klug from San Mateo, California, was charged $3.99 for posting and handling.

Mr Klug has posted on the Reddit website links to the Amazon site and confirmation of his purchase.

One Reddit commentatator posted: 'This is going to end poorly, I can feel it.'

'Might be a good morning to buy Amazon stock,' wrote another, while a third pointed out that had Mr Klug had Amazon's Visa three per cent rewards card, thus entitling him to roughly $87million in rewards.

Some suggested Mr Klug pay in Zimbabwean dollars, while one left a note saying: 'Dear Sir: I hereby award you a gold star for your gallant efforts in propping up the US economy.'

'Geez, at least they could pick up the postal charges,' was the sentiment of many, while others voiced hopes that Mr Klug actually has Win98 - the only operating system the CD-ROM can run on.

Luckily for Mr Klug, however, Amazon does not charge user's credit cards until after their order has entered the packaging process.

In possible anticipation of such instances the Amazon website does state: 'Despite our best efforts, a small number of the items in our catalogue may be mispriced.

'If an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation.'

However, the problem for Mr Klug is that the CD-ROM is not being sold by Amazon, but by a third party named suburbanbooks. And Amazon's policy on third party's is: 'This policy applies only to products sold and shipped by Amazon.com.

'Your purchases from third-party sellers are charged at the time you place your order, and third-party sellers may follow different policies in the event of a mispriced item.'

Fortunately, suburbanbooks has received a 99 per cent positive feedback rating from 4,302 users - presumably having never charged any of them billions of dollars for computer software.

Another Amazon seller appears to be trying to take advantage of the mis-pricing by offering their version of the same CD-ROM for a mere $250,000.

It is not clear if anyone has taken the second seller up on their offer though 16 customers have tagged the items as 'a little pricey'.

The CD-ROM is due to be shipped by January 4 or 5, arriving at Mr Klug's house any time between January 8 to January 26.

It was described as 'new in shrinkwrap' (presumably there would have been a discount had it been used), and is being shipped from Berkeley, California.

Whether it will actually turn up remains to be seen.

crotchgrabber
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Missin' Jimmy level: 89000

Post by crotchgrabber »

a coworker brought in a couple eight foot long humboldt squid into the shop today.
calimari for lunch.
NOT swimming in the bay ever again.
Mr John wrote:You love cock.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

w000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.billboard.com/news/soundgard ... 6149.story
NINFNM
Favorite Music: Mike Patton
Favorite Books: ???
Favorite Films: Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (the Gene Wilder verison)
Favorite TV: Columbo

Post by NINFNM »

:eyes: The FBI emailed me today to let me know I won $800,000 in an out of the country lottery :eyes:

Anti-Terrorist and International Fraud Division.
Federal Bureau Of Investigation.
935 Pennsylvania Ave, NW
Washington, DC 20535

ATTN: BENEFICIARY

This is to Officially inform you that it has come to our notice and we have thoroughly completed an Investigation with the help of our Intelligence Monitoring Network System that you legally won the sum of $800,000.00 USD. from a Lottery Company outside the United States of America. During our investigation we discovered that your e-mail won the money from an Online Balloting System and we have authorized this winning to be paid to you via a Certified Cashier's Check.

Normally, it will take up to 10 business days for an International Check to be cashed by your local banks. We have successfully notified this company on your behalf that funds are to be drawn from a registered bank within the United States Of America so as to enable you cash the check instantly without any delay, henceforth the stated amount of $800,000.00 USD. has been deposited with Bank Of America.

We have completed this investigation and you are hereby approved to receive the winning prize as we have verified the entire transaction to be Safe and 100% risk free, due to the fact that the funds have been deposited at Bank Of America you will be required to settle the following bills directly to the Lottery Agent in-charge of this transaction whom is located in Lagos, Nigeria. According to our discoveries, you were required to pay for the following -

(1) Deposit Fee's ( Fee's paid by the company for the deposit into an American Bank which is - Bank Of America )
(2) Cashier's Check Conversion Fee ( Fee for converting the Wire Transfer payment into a Certified Cashier's Check )

The total amount for everything is $392.00 (THREE Hundred AND NINETHY TWO-US Dollars). We have tried our possible best to indicate that this $392.00 should be deducted from your winning prize but we found out that the funds have already been deposited at Bank Of America and cannot be accessed by anyone apart from you, the winner; therefore you will be required to pay the required fee's to the Agent in-charge of this transaction via Western Union Money Transfer Or Money Gram.

In order to proceed with this transaction, you will be required to contact the agent in-charge ( SAMUEL OLIVER ) via e-mail. Kindly look below to find appropriate contact information:

CONTACT AGENT NAME: SAMUEL OLIVER

E-MAIL ADDRESS: samoliver13@sify.com

You will be required to e-mail him with the following information:

FULL NAME:
ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
ZIP CODE:
DIRECT CONTACT NUMBER:

You will also be required to request Western Union details on how to send the required $392.00 in order to immediately ship your prize of $800,000.00 USD via Certified Cashier's Check drawn from Bank Of America, also include the following transaction code in order for him to immediately identify this transaction : EA2948-910.

This letter will serve as proof that the Federal Bureau Of Investigation is authorizing you to pay the required $392.00 ONLY to Mr. Samuel Oliver via information in which he shall send to you, if you do not receive your winning prize of $800,000.00 we shall be held responsible for the loss and this shall invite a penalty of $3,000 which will be made PAYABLE ONLY to you (The Winner).

Please find below an authorized signature which has been signed by the FBI Director- Robert Mueller, also below is the FBI NSB (National Security

FBI Director
Robert Mueller.

Authorized Signature

NOTE: In order to ensure your check gets delivered to you ASAP, you are advised to immediately contact Mr. Samuel Oliver via contact information provided above and make the required payment of $392.00 to information in which he shall provide to you.
Liingus
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 16

Post by Liingus »

scam
ReverseEngineer
cute as a crackbaby

oh, sure,
easy to point it out in hindsight...
NINFNM

Post by NINFNM »

(lingus) wrote:scam

:shock: What??? thanks for telling me now..I already gave them ALL my info.. come on it's the FBI they wouldn't lie to me would they??? :?
The Rambam
a lustrous shine
Favorite Books: Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco
The Dune Chronicles - Frank Herbert
Favorite Films: The Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather (Parts 1 & 2)
The Big Lebowski
Brazil
Unforgiven
Conspiracy
Favorite TV: The Wire
Deadwood
Rome
30 Rock
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
Invader ZIM

Post by The Rambam »

They wouldn't need your $392.
"Well, they finally did it: They killed my fucking car."
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

we just wrapped up a 26 hour work bender .

didn't finish the project , had some pretty lame setbacks , but we made pretty good progress .

i had a few sammiches while i worked , drank a ton of beers , scarfed down a few slices of frozen pizza , threw up once (damn tombstone) .

made a quick run to rat shack for a 2.49 cent jack , and a beer stop too , but , this was a record work marathon . special thanks to gomti , i had a great time .

not too shabby for a cripple .

who needs paper when you have boards

curling iron hair drier cooking some epoxy to hold an led .

we drilled 79 holes in this shitbox so far , at least 2 more tomorrow , i broke 6 bits

the input jack came out of an early 70's small stone phaser

theres a set and forget pot behind the hole on the left , its 100 ohm (special order) so i just drilled it out , F-that 15$ minimum order , 10$ S + H , i got a center punch and a 1/4 inch bit

i got a deal on the chicken salad (univibe) , 20$ out the door , but it really needs a fuzz before it so i ended up putting 3 pedals in it counting the flanger , super hassle challenge

now i just need to put in 5 jacks , 2 switches , the amp , a pot , speaker , 4 C-cells , 3 nine volts
and run a bunch of wires across that there isn't room for . but it'll feedback without the fuzz !

i soldered the washers on the center after i got a lil too jiggy with the jig saw .

the amp board had this sucko horizontal volume 40k pot , so i chopped it and used a standard 50k , now its louder(?) thats what the blue wire is for (the new pot) .

i use contact cement for lock-tite (4 bucks cheaper) cause the dolla-stow nuts and bolt get they slop on .

some testing showed high internal SPL's so rather than make a rattle box , EVERYTHING is tied down , or in this case foamed , super hassle challenge .

that tape looked so cheesy , later on i ran another wire thru the foam and just hot glued it together .

bishop tape , i got a jones on for some more of that stuff !

cant wait to finish this thing , i really took my time cutting stuff in , when i was younger i was such a hack , i am getting a little better , but damn it takes time to do it right .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
puppy
a lustrous shine

Post by puppy »

in the Christmas haul thread, puppy wrote: knitting needles & threads
i finished a scarf!
Rick Cave";p="892315 wrote:I still look like a complete twat, Yumiko.
So take that.

:cry:
mr. arcade
welcome back ricotta!

Post by mr. arcade »

i actually won some $$$ in vegas.
Mary Hinge
3% gay

Post by Mary Hinge »

puppy wrote:
in the Christmas haul thread, puppy wrote: knitting needles & threads
i finished a scarf!

:shock:

you just reminded me, I have an unfinished scarf under my bed dating from 2006!
Razor wrote:Neighbours are outside arguing..."you fucking fuck fuck stupid dumbfuck fucker fuck".
This sounds like you guys.
puppy
a lustrous shine

Post by puppy »

i have an unfinished sweater in my closet dating from..

it's been so long i forgot! it must be around 2002.
Rick Cave";p="892315 wrote:I still look like a complete twat, Yumiko.
So take that.

:cry:
Hitman
poofy
Missin' Jimmy level: 69

Post by Hitman »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:work
:lol:
Mary Hinge
3% gay

Post by Mary Hinge »

puppy wrote:i have an unfinished sweater in my closet dating from..

it's been so long i forgot! it must be around 2002.
well, that got competitive real quick.

:roll:
Razor wrote:Neighbours are outside arguing..."you fucking fuck fuck stupid dumbfuck fucker fuck".
This sounds like you guys.
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

Dirty LA video
http://www.dailyfreakshow.tv/episodes/1 ... dirty-show
My pic is the toilet paper piece
NINFNM

Post by NINFNM »

:king: I WON !!!!

I won my work's football pick'em pool this week...the last week we're playing...yes!!! :love:

Now I get to RUB it in all the guys faces that throw hissy fits when a women whens the pool :lol:

my prize is just getting to spend $20 at work...but it's worth soooooo much more 8)

Oh yeah....thanks PB :lol:
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

stripperm(0)(o)m wrote:Dirty LA video
http://www.dailyfreakshow.tv/episodes/1 ... dirty-show
My pic is the toilet paper piece

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:sad: poor Colin... :lol:

that guy kept looking at me like he was going to come over & interview me. I gave him the hard stare each time, and he would magically go to the person next to me.

ReverseEngineer
cute as a crackbaby

broke down and got one of those fancy google phones.

Because petey wouldn't make one for me out of a cigar box.