Recent Games. A very brief opinion..

Private forum for gaming discussion

Moderators: Busta, Eviltoastman

Busta
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 5

Recent Games. A very brief opinion..

Post by Busta »

Jade Empire - Good, but amazed at how easy it was.

Heroes Of Might & Magic 5 - Fantastic. As good as the third.

Counterstrike Warcraft 3 Mod - Fun!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Jade Empire - Too short but Sweet.

Counterstrike WC3 - Ruined my life. I hate the mod community for destroying what was pure.

Recent games:

Bioshock - Unlimited continues means the user needs discipline. Player does not get punished for utilising the continue feature. Despite the claims that no two users will have the same experience, all bad guys act the same and react the same. it's repetitive. I enjoyed playing it, but really the game has no more life than FEAR. If anyone remembers dEUS Ex and plays Bioshock, you'll know you've been cheated and that Bioshock truly is nothing new. It's pretty though and totally absorbing for the first play. No online play.

Ghost Recon 2 Online - Two map packs free to download on top of the half dozen to a dozen which are already on the disc, a plethora of excellent game modes, only real drawback is a game mode which rewards people for avoiding fights with lower ranked opposition. This means as a newcomer you'll be kicked off servers. They'll say it's because you're crap, which is bollocks, because you're simply new and they're afraid. The points system means killing a higher ranked player, the more points you get towards your next rank and conversely a high ranked player getting killed by a low ranked player will take a huge deficit to his own rank. So, ranked matches need to protect users from being kicked simply because of their rank. If you have a low rank and you play badly, you've got nothing to worry about. I really enjoy this game. Particularly the team Blind Seige, Team Elimination (Sharpshooter) games.

Pro Evolution 2008 vs Fifa 2008 - Pro Evo has failed to evolve. Same sluggish control, graphics are base and licences still missing. Fifa has taken the core Pro Evo premise and more or less replicates the control mechanics albeit in a far more fluent manner. Fifa as usual seems a bit easy though, but I've not tried it on the higher difficulties, this said I always had to play Pro Evo opn the maximum difficulty. This year my choice is neither. Both have major flaws, but Pro Evo will still attract the die hard fantics for no other reason than it's reputation. Fifa is a mile ahead at this point. Both games have horrible frame rates for the cut scenes for corners and goal celebrations which really grates on my nerves but it appears that Fifa ios the only franchise here that's made any headway since moving to the next gen consoles. Have not played the online modes so Pro Evo can possibly edge Fifa out if it has better netcode...which is a possibility as the game looks basic as hell.

Tony Hawks new game - :knife: A bit of advice, go back top what made THPS 2 so good, do it high def, get some decent music into the thing and make it online. introducing a narrative is fucking pointless.

Sega Rally - Hate it. I don't like arcade games like this.

Blue Dragon - The most drawn out, repetetive RPG since FFVII, except Final Fantasy VII was fucking excellent and this piece of shit is a pile of crud.

Medal of Honour Airborne - If you've played Brothers In Arms, you know how crap this is.

Air Combat 6 - Demo. Graphically superb, good controls, seems so easy. No skill involved. May be worth exploring on a higher difficulty level. Can't see how something so linear, simple and repetitive can be in any way enjoyable or rewarding.

Topspin and Vitua Tennis (360) - Both cannot compare to the Virtual Tennis 2 on the Dreamcast.

Blazing Angels Secret Missions - Oh my god no.
Sharppie is my best friend.
Redundant Retard
3% gay
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Redundant Retard »

Considering buying Fifa08 for the Wii when I get the cash. Expecting to be let down and scream at my television. How many times is it possible for a keeper to fumble the ball into his own net during one match? And how come the commentators scream "WHat was he thinking shooting from there!?" When you fire a shot from 16 yards just over the top corner?

Stuff like this has always provoked me to the point of fury with Fifa, but Pro Evo has no atmosphere, no licenses, boring graphics and mostly the same flaws as Fifa.

Football Manager 2008 should be out by the middle of october though, and that's what I'm really looking forward to.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Am polishing my uTorrent client just waiting for the FM2008.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Demo out on sunday morning. I can't wait!
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Nearly bought Halo 3 today. Hearing negative things. No great improvement on 2 - lessons not learnt? Going to get it second hand in a month or so.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Peeps with Wii. Stay the fuck away from Fifa 08 if you want a -real- football game. I feel so cheated I can't find the words for it.

No franchise mode. No real transfer of players. Either you play a league, or you play a cup. Not the "Be-a-pro" shit they promised. Wrong data on loads of players. Counter-intuitive controls.

Overall, it's fun I guess, but it sure as hell isn't a football game. It's more like Sensible Soccer than anything EA has ever made. I wanted to take Leeds to the champions league...

I feel abused.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

The Sensible World Of Soccer on Xbox live looks gold.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

It's probably great fun, and definitly more fun than Fifa 08 for Wii.

I know Fm2008 won't let me down though. :)
PBCRNK
banned
Missin' Jimmy level: 7

Post by PBCRNK »

Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

After a semi fraudulent arrangement, I just got £20 off Halo 3.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Finished Halo. Played 3/4 of the Campaign online with some Chelsea fan from Kent. I got bored, had lunch and finished the last two missions after Fiji stuffed us in the rugby.

Game was excellent.High Definition makes things looks really nice. Weapon balance is spot on. The new quad/atv's are a blast to use and ther new gunships are also incredible.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Multiplayer is great. Well worked. I do wish there was an option in ranked competition to filter yourself from games which will suffer poor connections (like GRAW 2 does).
ReverseEngineer
cute as a crackbaby

Post by ReverseEngineer »

Company Of Heroes expansion: Opposing Fronts - haven't played it yet, but people are already up in arms about the need to learn new tactics, since it effectively adds two new armies (with three doctrines each, for a total of six new play strategies) to the already existing two. THQ / Relic know how to expand an RTS.
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

Got Lego Star Wars 2 for my cell phone

It's okay
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

Bioshock-Ok, a bit different from the average 1st person shooter, but not enough to make me buy it.

Call Of Duty 4-SO FUCKING AWESOME. I managed to clock up 24hours+ on the beta demo, and every single second of it was enjoyed. Under a month till the full game is released. :grin:

Fifa vs PES- Having played both demos I am now in the PES>FIFA bracket for the first time in my life. Didn't enjoy it enough to consider buying it though.
Nearl: Where's Babar?
X-tacle: He's in the shower.
Nearl: No he's not! Elephants take showers with their noses!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Double Kill!

Love this on-line. I'm not very good but that's not the point. An Busta, check me shoulder badge.
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

Nice one.
I can't believe I won that deathmatch the other day after coming last the game before.
Multiplayer makes the game half worth while, but I was massively unimpressed by the offline content.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I didn't complete the game offline. I did it co-op online. Was far better.
Busta
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 5

Post by Busta »

Uncle Toasty";p="914799 wrote:An Busta, check me shoulder badge.
:lol:

Nice work..
I've gotta get amongst this!
I need to let off some steam after Australia was turfed from the World Cup.. :( :(
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

I will gladly sport one too.
touchy feely
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 903

Post by touchy feely »

joey5001";p="914803 wrote:Multiplayer makes the game half worth while, but I was massively unimpressed by the offline content.
this is way too often the case nowdays

im holding out for UT 2007
lol-o-caust
ask me about my yeast infection

Post by lol-o-caust »

Tempted to wait for Halo3 on PC.

Bought the old Half Life 1&2 + eps pack and much prefer FPS this way.
:biggrin:
Stuff.
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

The new Unreal Tournament isn't coming out on the 360 till next year. :cry:
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Orange box looks fantastic.

I got the "Birthday" skull yesterday. Now each time I shoot a grunt in the head, confetti flies into the air to a cheer of kids shouting "hooray!".

:lol:

Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-oUOWRicqM