Tomahawk - Anonymous

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
Love Removal Masheen
π
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Love Removal Masheen »

Wendal";p="889391 wrote:
Exactly13yearsofage";p="889382 wrote:
Ian Pebble";p="889332 wrote:Here is a post from RateYourMusic that has a track by track breakdown of anonymous I found to be pretty accurate.

"Patton is a dog.
He ruined another great band with his washed-up diversity…
Lemme spill some spoilers.

I suppose reading Carlos Castaneda on tour is good for your mental health but HEY!

Tomahawk was a nervous and twisted rock band, remember?
Do you remember Flashback, God Hates a Coward, Sir Yes Sir, Laredo, Rape This Day, Mayday, Capt. Midnight?
Now forget it.

Anonymous is another fucking medley composed of various rotten crumbs which fell from Mr. Bungle Royal Turntable in 2000… Same old tricks, same old jokes, no strong Motorhead-friendly guitar rock...
It goes like this:

1) vintage Patton synchronized singing (check Phlegmatics from Disco Volante), then some good old rain ambience

2) some martial (or marital) Teotihuacan madness (basically it’s extended variation on one of California’s Ars Moriendi numerous themes)

3) Don Juan Matus’ lament. Or Navajo tribal dance. Or Cortez’s army death march. Or whatever.

4) track 3, only faster. Includes “acceptable” segments from General P (with traditional rhythmic barking)

5) slow and boring blues. Patton mourns something in the desert. He’s cold because it rains…

6) another cod-Mexican ditty with xylophone ambience and tired sweet vocal harmonies.

7) same shit as 2 only faster. Another Ars Moriendi rip-off.

8. U2 meets Faith No More, Faithless and Enigma in 1997. Shameful stuff.

9) same shit as 7 with “raw punk” segment thrown in to surprise us. Still this segment is the best part of the album. Go figure. Then stupid chanting again.

10) ethnic bullshit continues! This time it’s mellow! With vocals from timeless 1994 smash hit, “Return to Innocence”! Bravo! Then mister P compliments us with “achingly funny” Right Said Fred rap! So funny I sprayed multicolored diarrhea all over my yuppie office! I can feel this pragmatically hilarious track is a “grower”. It’s too Genesis to resist.

11) this starts with “Smaller and smaller” riff then goes FNM and then we have Carmina Burana suspense vocal interplay. Over “Rape This Day” guitar licks! Oh the horror! Trey Spruance is crying somewhere quietly.

12) another Aztek epic. Carmina voices again. No wonder – they must justify the expensive services of the Nicaraguan choir. Ends with “painfully beautiful” Brian Eno reversed keyboards.

13) Chet Atkins plays some sprinkling acoustic guitar.

Well what the fuck is it? A concept album about Wounded Knee Massacre, wonders of Mescal intoxication and Ghost Dancing?
Mike, go to fucking Rain Forest and show the fucking pigmy emo-kids how you can imitate Sting’s whole 24-piece band with your mouth only!

Now I can imagine how the upcoming disastrous Faith No More reunion album will sound!"

Despite agreeing with the Enigma comparisons I still think this album is great and happily enjoy it in private.
Written by a true cringing asshole... Patton only did vocals and left the production to Dennison. Why the fuck would he want to rip off Bungle or Faith no More?

Thank you.
For what Wendi? This dousche bag should be shot.. has nothing to do with you
The Painted Porch Said: "ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ"
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

Love Removal Masheen";p="889431 wrote:
Wendal";p="889391 wrote:
Ian Pebble";p="889332 wrote:Here is a post from RateYourMusic that has a track by track breakdown of anonymous I found to be pretty accurate.

"Patton is a dog.

I suppose reading Carlos Castaneda on tour is good for your mental health but HEY!

Do you remember Flashback, God Hates a Coward, Sir Yes Sir, Laredo, Rape This Day, Mayday, Capt. Midnight?
Now forget it.

Anonymous is another fucking medley composed of various rotten crumbs which fell from Mr. Bungle Royal Turntable in 2000… Same old tricks, same old jokes, no strong Motorhead-friendly guitar rock...
It goes like this:

1) vintage Patton synchronized singing (check Phlegmatics from Disco Volante), then some good old rain ambience

2) some martial (or marital) Teotihuacan madness (basically it’s extended variation on one of California’s Ars Moriendi numerous themes)

3) Don Juan Matus’ lament. Or Navajo tribal dance. Or Cortez’s army death march. Or whatever.

4) track 3, only faster. Includes “acceptable” segments from General P (with traditional rhythmic barking)

5) slow and boring blues. Patton mourns something in the desert. He’s cold because it rains…

6) another cod-Mexican ditty with xylophone ambience and tired sweet vocal harmonies.

9) same shit as 7 with “raw punk” segment thrown in to surprise us. Still this segment is the best part of the album. Go figure. Then stupid chanting again.

10) ethnic bullshit continues! This time it’s mellow! With vocals from timeless 1994 smash hit, “Return to Innocence”! Bravo! Then mister P compliments us with “achingly funny” Right Said Fred rap! So funny I sprayed multicolored diarrhea all over my yuppie office! I can feel this pragmatically hilarious track is a “grower”. It’s too Genesis to resist.

11) this starts with “Smaller and smaller” riff then goes FNM and then we have Carmina Burana suspense vocal interplay. Over “Rape This Day” guitar licks! Oh the horror! Trey Spruance is crying somewhere quietly.

12) another Aztek epic. Carmina voices again. No wonder – they must justify the expensive services of the Nicaraguan choir. Ends with “painfully beautiful” Brian Eno reversed keyboards.

Well what the fuck is it? A concept album about Wounded Knee Massacre, wonders of Mescal intoxication and Ghost Dancing?
Mike, go to fucking Rain Forest and show the fucking pigmy emo-kids how you can imitate Sting’s whole 24-piece band with your mouth only!

Now I can imagine how the upcoming disastrous Faith No More reunion album will sound!"

Despite agreeing with the Enigma comparisons I still think this album is great and happily enjoy it in private.
Written by a true cringing asshole... Patton only did vocals and left the production to Dennison. Why the fuck would he want to rip off Bungle or Faith no More?

Thank you.

I hope this "douche bag" you speak of is the guy who wrote the douche bag article....
Maetsukker
poofy
Missin' Jimmy level: 3
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Bashiechan
Instagram: http://litanycrash.livejournal.com

Post by Maetsukker »

lawlz =P
"the record company were too busy on their yachts snorting cocaine off the butt-cracks of Moroccan boys to actually be aware of what was going on"
drusophila melanogaster
welcome back ricotta!

Post by drusophila melanogaster »

Love Removal Masheen";p="889342 wrote:
Read Again you illiterate bastard of a one-legged whore... i said
"Tomahawk sounds way more like Faith no More than Peeping Tom"

You are an idiot .......................................
your logic fails along with your poor language skills
you made 2 distinct statements
neither of which relies upon or proves the other
1. if you don't like tomahawk, you don't like fnm
2. tomahawk sounds more like fnm than peeping tom

wow, some real genius there
1. your 1st statement = obviously proven wrong - neither duane's guitar playing or tone bear any similarity to fnm - stanier's drumming does not bring to mind puffy's, and rutmanis' bass playing sounds nothing like gould - keyboards are minimal to non-existant, so you will find nothing resembling the core of fnm in tomahawk
even if you can't wrap your ears around those ideas, the fact that many fnm fans hate tomahawk tells you a little something about the idiocy of statement number 1
2. greenday sound more like fnm than peeping tom, blink 182 sound more like fnm than peeping tom, insert a gazillion names in slot x sound more like fnm than peeping tom
that has no bearing on statement number 1

now we can get back to you making idiotic blanket statements and calling me an idiot for pointing out YOUR stupidity
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Post by BABY SHAKER »

cool! check out this exercise ball

Love Removal Masheen
π

Wendal";p="889434 wrote:
Love Removal Masheen";p="889431 wrote:
Wendal";p="889391 wrote:

"Patton is a dog.

Now forget it.

It goes like this:

Thank you.

I hope this "douche bag" you speak of is the guy who wrote the douche bag article....
And very much so. No one would want me to get my hands on this pathetic dweeb
Maetsukker
poofy

Post by Maetsukker »

goulash";p="889626 wrote:cool! check out this exercise ball

Do you wanna piledrive my boyhole while I lay unconscious in a pool of my own sick & blood? <3

Bash
"the record company were too busy on their yachts snorting cocaine off the butt-cracks of Moroccan boys to actually be aware of what was going on"
Love Removal Masheen
π

Bashman";p="889658 wrote:
goulash";p="889626 wrote:cool! check out this exercise ball

Do you wanna piledrive my boyhole while I lay unconscious in a pool of my own sick & blood? <3

Bash
I prefer skull
Stone Gossarrd
opulent otter

Post by Stone Gossarrd »

Wendal";p="889434 wrote:I hope this "douche bag" you speak of is the guy who wrote the douche bag article....
Wndnal you fatass. hows it going
egad
poofy

Post by egad »

Its better than Peeping Tom.

I want a new Fantomas but he's too busy dicking around with Peeping Tom to make any good records.
I no longer want my MTV.

http://timelol.ytmnd.com/
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

I predict the next Peeping Tom will make up for the first

Every time he comes out with a debut project- it's not quite as realised as the ones that come out later

The first Fantomas and Tomahawk are my least favorites- although I still like them more then Hank
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

I love Peeping Tom.
H
Stuff that gives you a boner is NSFW. So nekkid babies are. A heap of naked nekkid babies are. A heap of naked grind-musicians isn't. -Twixta
Maetsukker
poofy

Post by Maetsukker »

I'm probably the only one who doesn't like Director's Cut all that much. Twin Peaks & the Godfather are okay but they're little more than horror-ised covers for the most part.
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

poop camp";p="889755 wrote:I predict the next Peeping Tom will make up for the first

Every time he comes out with a debut project- it's not quite as realised as the ones that come out later

The first Fantomas and Tomahawk are my least favorites- although I still like them more then Hank

You may be on to something.

IMO Disco Volante better than MB debut.
Director's cut better than Fantomas debut
Angel Dust better than TRT

'Hawk may be the only exception, although I think Bird Song and Rape This Day are better than any song on the debut. After the first two tracks, the album really starts to slack. Howeven, even though Mit Gas may have missed the mark, Anonymous is there best over-all album IMO, they are definitely improving.

Personally I love 'Tom but I expect even better the second time around. I'm very excited. Great things to come.
Love Removal Masheen
π

poop camp";p="889755 wrote:I predict the next Peeping Tom will make up for the first

You are so wrong
Love Removal Masheen
π

'Hawk may be the only exception, although I think Bird Song and Rape This Day are better than any song on the debut. After the first two tracks, the album really starts to slack. Howeven, even though Mit Gas may have missed the mark, Anonymous is there best over-all album IMO, they are definitely improving.
You Can't Win
Rotgut
Capt. Midnite
When The Satr Begin To Fall
Harelip
Aktion1413

You twit
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

Love Removal Masheen";p="889797 wrote:

You are so wrong
No it's true- I like them at least twice as much as Hank
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

Love Removal Masheen";p="889801 wrote:
You Can't Win
Rotgut
Capt. Midnite
Harelip
Aktion1413

You twit

Yes, I was quite aware of the fact that these songs happen to appear on Tomahawk's Mit Gas....

I just think they are mediocre. They are OK to listen to, but nothing spectacular like Rape This Day, Red Fox, God Hates a Coward etc. Cap't Midnight probably the best out of the ones you mentioned, but still not quite up to par.

That's my opinion. Respect mine and I will respect yours, we dont have to agree dumbass.
drusophila melanogaster
welcome back ricotta!

Post by drusophila melanogaster »

or don't";p="889623 wrote: now we can get back to you making idiotic blanket statements
love removal masheen
please do yourself a favor and acquaint yourself with the idea of individual taste/experience
if you have to, read a fucking rawilson book and do the exercises
next, do some serious ear training so you can begin to recognize note relationships and patterns in music

not everyone wants to fuck your girlfriend
Love Removal Masheen
π

or don't";p="889815 wrote:
or don't";p="889623 wrote: now we can get back to you making idiotic blanket statements
love removal masheen
please do yourself a favor and acquaint yourself with the idea of individual taste/experience
if you have to, read a fucking rawilson book and do the exercises
next, do some serious ear training so you can begin to recognize note relationships and patterns in music

not everyone wants to fuck your girlfriend
Thats because you felch for a living
Love Removal Masheen
π

Wendal";p="889811 wrote:
You Can't Win
Rotgut
Capt. Midnite
Harelip
Aktion1413

You twit

Yes, I was quite aware of the fact that these songs happen to appear on Tomahawk's Mit Gas....

I just think they are mediocre. They are OK to listen to, but nothing spectacular like Rape This Day, Red Fox, God Hates a Coward etc. Cap't Midnight probably the best out of the ones you mentioned, but still not quite up to par.

That's my opinion. Respect mine and I will respect yours, we dont have to agree dumbass.
Thats right an "opinion" ...a poor one...but still an opinion...we don't have to argue Wendal just S>T>F>U and i won't bitch slap you in front of your boyfriend
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

You ever wonder if literly everyone in the music forum is a fake account?
PBCRNK
banned
Missin' Jimmy level: 7

Post by PBCRNK »

no...I pop in occasionally to rescue the sanity

*rescues*
Maetsukker
poofy

Post by Maetsukker »

Love Removal Masheen";p="889838 wrote:
Wendal";p="889811 wrote:
You Can't Win
Rotgut
Capt. Midnite
Harelip
Aktion1413

You twit

Thats right an "opinion" ...a poor one...but still an opinion...we don't have to argue Wendal just S>T>F>U and i won't bitch slap you in front of your boyfriend
"opinion" my arse, if wendel were real he'd probably still be listening to Mit Gas on a loop - his attempts at arguing for the sake of it are pathetically weak. Everyone knows he's a tool.
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

Bashman";p="889869 wrote:
Love Removal Masheen";p="889838 wrote:
Wendal";p="889811 wrote:
You Can't Win
Rotgut
Capt. Midnite
Harelip
Aktion1413

You twit

"opinion" my arse, if wendel were real he'd probably still be listening to Mit Gas on a loop - his attempts at arguing for the sake of it are pathetically weak. Everyone knows he's a tool.

"if wendel were real"

Quite the conspiracy theorist you are, private dick.

I simply said I dont like Mit Gas as a whole, it's just not a great album. I love the first two tracks and the rest is "just ok". If you truly think me stating this OPINION is an attempt to argue, then it is you who are truly pathetic. Now stop following me around, stalker (youtube).