Sauce.

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

Ruby Juice
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Sauce.

Post by Ruby Juice »

Sauce for pasta seems to be such a controversy
The opposition to white sauce,
or sauce in a jar,

or what have you

Anyway

What do you put on your sketti?

Enclose recipes with your posts, thank you.
Miss Yvonne";p="973758 wrote:
I'm not chinese, but I can't read most of this thread!
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Sgetti nada nada.
Sharppie is my best friend.
hlk
Hopeless fan-boy
Missin' Jimmy level: 11
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hlk

Post by hlk »

Puttanesca!

Olive oil, anchovy fillets, garlic, red pepper flakes, kalamata olives, capers, and crushed tomatoes simmered together, added to pasta, and topped with chopped fresh parsley.
Saddam Disney wrote:Hey. Listen, I really apologize for all the things I said about you. I never met them. I think you are cute actually.

Would you please get rid of the hall of flame? Obviously anyone who was interested in it had more than ample time to read it now. I'm just really trying to foregt about that piece of shit Denise as much as possible. And I think it is pretty much juvenile keeping it up. Will you please forgive me and take it down? I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays, take care, peace!

Jimmy G.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Start pasta cooking, then saute cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes, garlic, and oregano in generous amount of olive oil. While tomatoes are sauteeing, chop fresh parsley and basil. After a few minutes, add cooked sausage, chopped basil, and chopped parsley to pan and saute 3-4 minutes more. Serve over hot spagetti, linguini, or any tubular shaped pasta with plenty of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

:lol: PB
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

Sauced.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Post by Redundant Retard »

Shitloads of basil and garlic.
Olive oil
Tomatoes (cooked beyond recognition)
onion
Salt, sugar and grounded cayenne

serve with fresh basil and grated parmesan
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Basil should not be added early in the cooking process, or else all that's left is a green ghost of basil, the flavour doesn't last. Add it when serving.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

I agree in general, but being a poor bastard (who lives in a backwater country) I usually can't get my hands on plenty of cheap, good, fresh basil, so usually I have to settle for the dried stuff.

Oh, and another "trick" is that I usually let the pot cook for 1 - 1/2 hours, untill most of the water have boiled out of it and the flavour gets more concentrated. But it depends on what you want to serve it to. For pasta with a large surface you probably want a slightly thinner sauce.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I also do that. Instead of adding basil at the start though, I use dried oregano and fresh basil when serving or dried five minutes before serving.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Hmm.

My experience is that frying the dried herb in oil from the very beginning of the cooking process gets out more flavour. I'll try adding it later and see if that's better.
lynnjen/mod/skyr
ask me about my yeast infection

Post by lynnjen/mod/skyr »

Nam Tsao";p="874266 wrote:Start pasta cooking, then saute cherry tomatoes, red pepper flakes, garlic, and oregano in generous amount of olive oil. While tomatoes are sauteeing, chop fresh parsley and basil. After a few minutes, add cooked sausage, chopped basil, and chopped parsley to pan and saute 3-4 minutes more. Serve over hot spagetti, linguini, or any tubular shaped pasta with plenty of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I don't usually cook with large amounts of oil, I add it to the sauce at the end.

Sausage??? You mean veggie, right?
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Either or.