Rome
30 Rock
Batman: The Brave and the Bold
Justice League/Justice League Unlimited
Invader ZIM
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by The Rambam »

GoatOvaries";p="811206 wrote:
The Rambam";p="810810 wrote:Hollywood doesn't produce good horror. We might as well be comparing the smell of our faeces.
False. I don't get horrified by horror movies. So I enjoy them for different reasons.
You're actually reinforcing my statement with this. A movie liked for different reasons than to be horrified ≠ good horror.
GoatOvaries";p="811206 wrote:They need to do another Friday movie and revolutinize modern cinema again. Bring back Chris Tucker this time.
He's busy with Rush Hour 3. It strains credulity, though, to accept that an LAPD detective and a Hong Kong detective both need to be in Paris.
"Well, they finally did it: They killed my fucking car."
GoatOvaries
3% gay

Post by GoatOvaries »

No, horror movies should only scare women and children unless your a pansy. Good horror = excess and amusement.
Seth Putnam Was Wrong About a Lot of Things, But Seth Putnam Was Right About You
The Rambam
a lustrous shine
Favorite Books: Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco
The Dune Chronicles - Frank Herbert
Favorite Films: The Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather (Parts 1 & 2)
The Big Lebowski
Brazil
Unforgiven
Conspiracy
Favorite TV: The Wire
Deadwood
Rome
30 Rock
Invader ZIM

Post by The Rambam »

Jesus, what syllable of "horror" don't you comprehend? If it doesn't scare, it's not fucking horror. It can't be stated any more simply. A movie can be "enjoyable" or "entertaining", but that doesn't make it horror.
GoatOvaries
3% gay

Post by GoatOvaries »

The Rambam";p="811478 wrote:Jesus, what syllable of "horror" don't you comprehend? If it doesn't scare, it's not fucking horror. It can't be stated any more simply. A movie can be "enjoyable" or "entertaining", but that doesn't make it horror.
Are you seriously this fucking stupid? It's a fucking genre/tag not a literal meaning. Are all comedy movies funny? No, but they are still considered comedy movies. If there is ANYTHING on film that scares you then you are seriously weak. Even if your watching arabs decapitate american soldiers, it's shouldn't scare/freak out or anything like that unless you are overly sensetive. Horror movies = not horrific.
The Rambam
a lustrous shine
Favorite Books: Foucault's Pendulum - Umberto Eco
The Dune Chronicles - Frank Herbert
Favorite Films: The Shawshank Redemption
The Godfather (Parts 1 & 2)
The Big Lebowski
Brazil
Unforgiven
Conspiracy
Favorite TV: The Wire
Deadwood
Rome
30 Rock
Invader ZIM

Post by The Rambam »

GoatOvaries";p="811541 wrote:Horror movies = not horrific.
At last we agree on something. Personally I think the problem is that people apply that label pell-mell to movies that don't really deserve it, to the point where it becomes just a genre/tag instead of actually meaning what it says; all the shit coming out of Hollywood has co-opted the word and stripped it of any value whatsoever.
Mobiesque
confusitron
Missin' Jimmy level: 666

Post by Mobiesque »

Dear Clayton

Uh, wow, so wrong.

Not in a moral way, but in a universal concensus way.

It's ok though, you're very young.

EDIT: I'm glad i spent my 3000th post telling you you're a bad person ::hugs::
'the fuck did I do?
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

You're a large portion of a dill, Clayton. Your argument pre-supposes that the world's population of film-watchers is required to be desensitised to the horrors of both everyday life and horrors achieved through the suspension of belief, with the classic reasoning of: Just Because...
I SINCERELY HOPE YOU CUNTS NEVER BUILD PLANES
GoatOvaries
3% gay

Post by GoatOvaries »

The Rambam";p="811546 wrote:
GoatOvaries";p="811541 wrote:Horror movies = not horrific.
At last we agree on something. Personally I think the problem is that people apply that label pell-mell to movies that don't really deserve it, to the point where it becomes just a genre/tag instead of actually meaning what it says; all the shit coming out of Hollywood has co-opted the word and stripped it of any value whatsoever.
It's not just hollywood. Lucio Fulci movies are something I adore to an insane agree. They are, in theory, very graphic, violent and supposedly scary. I watch them for pure entertainment purposes. No movie has scared me since I was about 8 years old and that was probably a Hellraiser movie that I now think is poor. Hellraiser Bloodines.
Mobiesque";p="811551 wrote: Dear Clayton

Uh, wow, so wrong.

Not in a moral way, but in a universal concensus way.

It's ok though, you're very young.

EDIT: I'm glad i spent my 3000th post telling you you're a bad person ::hugs::
How am I wrong? Don't talk to me directly again if you have nothing to say.
judasmuppet";p="811697 wrote: You're a large portion of a dill, Clayton. Your argument pre-supposes that the world's population of film-watchers is required to be desensitised to the horrors of both everyday life and horrors achieved through the suspension of belief, with the classic reasoning of: Just Because...
You are an idiot. This is stating the obvious but real life, and movies are two different things. Knowing that i'm far from desensetized from real life atrocities. Video games, movies, fake snuff, or even someone killing an animal on camera isn't a case of being desensitised, but it's being able to draw a clear distinction between fiction and reality. If I saw nuclear hillbilly zombies in real life i'd probably shit myself and scream like a bitch.

That said, I'm talking shit.
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

GoatOvaries";p="811892 wrote:I'm talking shit.
Yes. Yes you are. Constantly.
Miss Yvonne wrote:Stop having boring tuna. Stop having a boring life.