donner kabob

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

donner kabob

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

its a tradition here in chicago , after a hard night to hit a burrito joint . they dont have those in europe do they , cheap ass mexican joints . typical only serve tacos , for 2 bucks , a giant burrito for 5 . steak , white cheese , lettuce beans , tomatos , sour cream and hot sauce with hot peppers / carrots on the side .

i was reading a few months back about fast food . they claimed the donner kabob is the most popular fast food in the world .

here we have Gyros

spicy garlic lamb meat that is pressed into a giant cylinder . it rotates around a heating element , they slice bits off , and fry that . its served in a greasy fried pita , with lightly grilled onions , taziki sauce (cucumber/yogurt) tomatos . kinda like the greek burrito . very very tastey . a wonderful hangover food ! i crave those when i am really bad news the next day for some reason .

is a donner kebob any thing like a gyro , what is it exactly ? i would love to try and synthesize these at home . same with a gyro , but getting the meat .... they sell "gyro kit" but the meat is like really fake . thin , processed , bad texture , etc .

i was hoping some of the non usa residents could shed some light on the mysterious donner kebob , the different varieties , same with currywurst which we are making tonight for the first time .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Re: donner kabob

Post by SHARPPIE »

it's not anti american. we have doner places here....and yeah, it's a lot like a gyro, or shawarma. most of the ones I've seen are pretty basic: lamb (mostly...but there's also chicken & beef), onion, garlic, tomato, egg, pepper & whatever other spices they want...usually at least some parsley, cumin and coriander.
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
crotchgrabber
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Missin' Jimmy level: 89000

Post by crotchgrabber »

I am descended from one of the survivors of the donner party... so this thread is a bit odd for me.

I will eat hinge with a side of chickenbun.
Mr John wrote:You love cock.
Mary Hinge
3% gay

Post by Mary Hinge »

crotchgrabber wrote: I will eat hinge
well that's my Chrstmas sewn up

:D
Razor wrote:Neighbours are outside arguing..."you fucking fuck fuck stupid dumbfuck fucker fuck".
This sounds like you guys.
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

Lamb is awesome. Is it true that in Tejas or [insert US State here] lamb is considered to be "poor people's food"?
Miss Yvonne wrote:Stop having boring tuna. Stop having a boring life.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Why have lamb when you can have 350lbs of prime rib-eye steak? What-are-you-queer-son?
Sharppie is my best friend.
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

Are you kidding me? Roast leg of lamb fucking rules.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I was doing a Texan impersonation. I be vegetarian.
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

I forgot about that... Fuck, that's been going on for a while now. So, you're not a pescetarian?
hlk
Hopeless fan-boy
Missin' Jimmy level: 11
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hlk

Post by hlk »

Roark wrote:Lamb is awesome. Is it true that in Tejas or [insert US State here] lamb is considered to be "poor people's food"?
It's true that lamb is much less popular in the U.S. than beef and pork, and it's less common at restaurants here than in other parts of the world, in my experience. I've never heard it called poor people's food, but maybe that was the attitude at some point, and now it's just that a lot of people have never developed a taste for it and find it too gamey.

Lamb is actually my favorite meat. There's a barbecue joint in Austin that's a tad sketchy but well worth visiting because they're the only place in town that does mutton ribs. Yum.
Saddam Disney wrote:Hey. Listen, I really apologize for all the things I said about you. I never met them. I think you are cute actually.

Would you please get rid of the hall of flame? Obviously anyone who was interested in it had more than ample time to read it now. I'm just really trying to foregt about that piece of shit Denise as much as possible. And I think it is pretty much juvenile keeping it up. Will you please forgive me and take it down? I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays, take care, peace!

Jimmy G.
hlk
Hopeless fan-boy

Post by hlk »

Eviltoastman wrote:Why have lamb when you can have 350lbs of prime rib-eye steak?
Mmm. Stop.
Saddam Disney wrote:Hey. Listen, I really apologize for all the things I said about you. I never met them. I think you are cute actually.

Would you please get rid of the hall of flame? Obviously anyone who was interested in it had more than ample time to read it now. I'm just really trying to foregt about that piece of shit Denise as much as possible. And I think it is pretty much juvenile keeping it up. Will you please forgive me and take it down? I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays, take care, peace!

Jimmy G.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Roark wrote:I forgot about that... Fuck, that's been going on for a while now. So, you're not a pescetarian?
No, I'm a vegematarian.
hlk
Hopeless fan-boy

Post by hlk »

Eviltoastman wrote:No, I'm a vegematarian.
So you eat pork, or just chicken?

Jimmy G.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Just dogs and cats. I'm not a fucking animal! :curse:
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

lamb is more expensive than beef....at least in california.
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/