SXSW - Come. See. My. Band!

Tour dates and reviews of live performances
lambchop
healthy pantaloons
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Planet IRK!!! Roundest and most highly exalted of all planets

SXSW - Come. See. My. Band!

Post by lambchop »

Yep! On late Saturday night March 18th. Hit me up for details.

Or I'll see you on 6th street. Lets get WASTED.

31 hour greyhound ride tomorrow I'll solve that problem with a bottle of rum.
WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP!!?
Hitman
poofy
Missin' Jimmy level: 69

Re: SXSW - Come. See. My. Band!

Post by Hitman »

Well done Phillipa, have fun!

:)
lambchop
healthy pantaloons

Post by lambchop »

Ha thanks! We'll see how it goes...

I never really wanted to experience what it was like to get fucked in the ass in nine different ways, but thanks to the US Greyhound I now know what it feels like.

It all began when I purchased my advanced ticket. I selected the "send ticket to email" option. When I never received my ticket, I emailed customer support, but received no reply. When I called Greyhound, they gave me a confirmation number which they said was all that I needed. When I arrived at the gate, the ticket man said "Where is your ticket? Why didn't you print your ticket? You should have printed off your ticket" and sent me off to stand in a long queue, where the man at the end proceeded to ask me: "Where is your ticket? Why didn't you print your ticket? You should have printed off your ticket".

So I boarded a full bus packed with a classic range of your average American freak and off we headed East from LA.
We crossed a checkpoint in New Mexico looking for illegals and my Australian drivers license did ok, but out past El Paso we were stopped again and this time round the Border Patrol guys started rifling through bags and took my ID for confirmation, grilling me on my lack of passport (which Greyhound said I didn't need). They also pulled off this mini-Eminem white kid because his bag smelled like weed (duh he came from California). They made him take off his clothes and roughed him up. He had done nothing wrong. My license passed but I could have been locked up for hours and hours if my details hadn't come up in the system, which they sometimes don't.

The new bus driver (white) who we had switched to didn't seem to like the loud-ish black people up the back (they really weren't being that bad, but some classic pieces of overheard conversation included "I've got four bitches in LA and two in New Orleans, you had your at home bitch and your going out bitches so they don't find out about each other"). This bus driver kicked off one of these black ladies because she was slightly late getting food at a truck stop. She was a mother with 4 month old baby. It was totally undeserved.

When the radiator blew the bus driver pulled over for a little while, but then decided it would be better to keep going. We drove for a about 40 miles swerving all over the road and when we stopped in Odessa (Tejas) we were told it was un-drivable would be about 5 hours until another bus came.

As I was going to Austin there was luckily a mini-van which linked up to another bus service which could take me to Austin. Myself and about 7 others were dropped off in the middle of nowhere at 1am at a stop with no restroom, or places to charge our phones. Of course the bus came like an hour and a half late, and occasionally a Tejas-chainsaw-massacre-farmer looking type guy would walk past and everyone would just sit there silently as he passed. The rest of the night was followed up with more transfers and two hour waiting periods.

And just when you don't think it could get any worse through the screaming children, the freezing cold air-conditioning, that really creepy dude you've been avoiding eye contact with starts hitting on you. All in all it was a 41 hour ordeal.

But I didn't have it as bad as some others. Some people's luggage got sent off on different buses, and I was told by a girl who had been on a different bus that a driver actually drove off when a passenger late from the restroom, came running up along side the bus.

Never, never again..
lambchop
healthy pantaloons

Post by lambchop »

Oh yeah sorry and that's Sat March 17th :) not the 18th..
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

:lol: I coulda warned you...I've done a few 3 day trips.

if you really want to experience/see/smell the asshole of america, take the greyhound.

good luck, btw. hopefully the gig is better than the ride.
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

fuck america !
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:America! Fuck Yeah! !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
lambchop
healthy pantaloons

Post by lambchop »

America is ok...