View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently 21 Feb 2018, 15:39

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 donner kabob 
bigger softer russier!

its a tradition here in chicago , after a hard night to hit a burrito joint . they dont have those in europe do they , cheap ass mexican joints . typical only serve tacos , for 2 bucks , a giant burrito for 5 . steak , white cheese , lettuce beans , tomatos , sour cream and hot sauce with hot peppers / carrots on the side .

i was reading a few months back about fast food . they claimed the donner kabob is the most popular fast food in the world .

here we have Gyros

spicy garlic lamb meat that is pressed into a giant cylinder . it rotates around a heating element , they slice bits off , and fry that . its served in a greasy fried pita , with lightly grilled onions , taziki sauce (cucumber/yogurt) tomatos . kinda like the greek burrito . very very tastey . a wonderful hangover food ! i crave those when i am really bad news the next day for some reason .

is a donner kebob any thing like a gyro , what is it exactly ? i would love to try and synthesize these at home . same with a gyro , but getting the meat .... they sell "gyro kit" but the meat is like really fake . thin , processed , bad texture , etc .

i was hoping some of the non usa residents could shed some light on the mysterious donner kebob , the different varieties , same with currywurst which we are making tonight for the first time .

15 Oct 2011, 20:43
Profile WWW
projectile menstruator

it's not anti american. we have doner places here....and yeah, it's a lot like a gyro, or shawarma. most of the ones I've seen are pretty basic: lamb (mostly...but there's also chicken & beef), onion, garlic, tomato, egg, pepper & whatever other spices they want...usually at least some parsley, cumin and coriander.

http://kushypunch.com/
http://awesomecbd.com/

17 Oct 2011, 13:59
that's sha na not my baby!!!

I am descended from one of the survivors of the donner party... so this thread is a bit odd for me.

I will eat hinge with a side of chickenbun.

18 Oct 2011, 03:01
3% gay

crotchgrabber wrote:
I will eat hinge

well that's my Chrstmas sewn up

:D

24 Dec 2011, 04:08
not very out-and-about-y

Lamb is awesome. Is it true that in Tejas or [insert US State here] lamb is considered to be "poor people's food"?

21 May 2013, 20:25
Profile WWW
Part-time Demi-Mod

Why have lamb when you can have 350lbs of prime rib-eye steak? What-are-you-queer-son?

23 May 2013, 23:57
not very out-and-about-y

Are you kidding me? Roast leg of lamb fucking rules.

29 May 2013, 00:21
Profile WWW
Part-time Demi-Mod

I was doing a Texan impersonation. I be vegetarian.

30 May 2013, 05:08
not very out-and-about-y

I forgot about that... Fuck, that's been going on for a while now. So, you're not a pescetarian?

04 Jun 2013, 19:24
Profile WWW
Hopeless fan-boy

Roark wrote:
Lamb is awesome. Is it true that in Tejas or [insert US State here] lamb is considered to be "poor people's food"?

It's true that lamb is much less popular in the U.S. than beef and pork, and it's less common at restaurants here than in other parts of the world, in my experience. I've never heard it called poor people's food, but maybe that was the attitude at some point, and now it's just that a lot of people have never developed a taste for it and find it too gamey.

Lamb is actually my favorite meat. There's a barbecue joint in Austin that's a tad sketchy but well worth visiting because they're the only place in town that does mutton ribs. Yum.

Would you please get rid of the hall of flame? Obviously anyone who was interested in it had more than ample time to read it now. I'm just really trying to foregt about that piece of shit Denise as much as possible. And I think it is pretty much juvenile keeping it up. Will you please forgive me and take it down? I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays, take care, peace!

Jimmy G.

13 Jun 2013, 13:36
Profile WWW
Hopeless fan-boy

Eviltoastman wrote:
Why have lamb when you can have 350lbs of prime rib-eye steak?

Mmm. Stop.

Would you please get rid of the hall of flame? Obviously anyone who was interested in it had more than ample time to read it now. I'm just really trying to foregt about that piece of shit Denise as much as possible. And I think it is pretty much juvenile keeping it up. Will you please forgive me and take it down? I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays, take care, peace!

Jimmy G.

13 Jun 2013, 13:38
Profile WWW
Part-time Demi-Mod

Roark wrote:
I forgot about that... Fuck, that's been going on for a while now. So, you're not a pescetarian?

No, I'm a vegematarian.

14 Jun 2013, 06:39
Hopeless fan-boy

Eviltoastman wrote:
No, I'm a vegematarian.

So you eat pork, or just chicken?

Jimmy G.

14 Jun 2013, 08:38
Profile WWW
Part-time Demi-Mod

Just dogs and cats. I'm not a fucking animal! :curse:

17 Jun 2013, 08:03
projectile menstruator

lamb is more expensive than beef....at least in california.

http://kushypunch.com/
http://awesomecbd.com/

01 Aug 2013, 19:33
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]