home made pizza

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

home made pizza

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

we are going to try this again tomorrow .

we used to make pizza's quite a bit (95-96) thin crust and deep dish .

i cant find my own recipes , any one have a dough or sauce recipe to share ?
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Re: home made pizza

Post by SHARPPIE »

this is our standby recipe...and it rules....if it doesn't, you did something wrong.

DOUGH

3/4 cup water
1/4 cup white wine
3 tbsp yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups bread flour (AP flour will probably work fine)
2 tbsp Italian seasoning

lukewarm water & wine (if you don't have/want wine, just use 1 cup water).
add yeast, sugar, salt and stir. let proof (foam up) for 5 to 10 minutes.
stir in olive oil

take dry flour and mix Italian seasoning through.
add water/yeast mixture. knead for a bit.

cover (not air-tight) and let rise at least an hour or three.
knead again.
makes enough for one or two 12"-14" (depending on how thick you want. either is good. cooking takes a little longer if thicker.)

SAUCE

(I usually make this with fresh tomatoes, and triple the recipe, but it takes a lot longer to cook down...this is much easier. probably makes about 4 or 5 pizzas worth.)

28oz can crushed tomatoes
6oz can tomato paste
2-3 cloves garlic (crushed, minced, whatever)
1/4 cup fresh basil (torn or chopped small)
1 tsp dried oregano
1-2 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tbsp olive oil
salt
pepper

put everything EXCEPT the basil in a pot and cook LOW for about 45 minutes once it starts bubblin'.

throw in the basil, cook for 10-15 min more...adjust seasoning if needed.
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

tried these recipes last night

http://recipes.robbiehaf.com/T/272.htm

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Ultima ... uce-114392

the sauce was really good , a lil strong so next time i will dilute it with a can of sauce and maybe cut down on the spices / onion / garlic , but not the celery . we sautéed the veggies , then blended em with the sauce for a no chunk style pizza sauce . no fennels .

we used 1.28 lbs of fresh authentic Italian butcher shop sausage (minimal fennel) a lil quartered , half cooked pepperoni , some slivered white onion and green pep for me . 8 oz of cheese fer pie . thin crust . a pizza stone with cornmeal .

the dough was really pliable , didn't rip much , the recipe is odd , you DON'T let it rise ! it wasn't soggy , just right , still a lil thick for me . the price , around 10 bucks for two awesome pies .

i made this pizza board , we form the dough on it / put the toppings on , and slide it into the oven on to the stone with it . worked really well the first time . the second one sat for a while , and i think i forgot to dust it with flour and cornmeal , so the pie stuck and didnt want to slide . I have to see what is better for sliding it off , flour or cornmeal .

we will try SHARRPIES recipe next week .
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

so i tried sharrpies recipe , the dough didnt rise much , but i had extra for a mini pizza . it fell off the rack and made a mess , i flipped it over on to itself ; CALZONE , dawg !

dont know , i really prefered the sauce recipe i got last week , i went easy on the basil too .

i hope it was a typo cause the 2 tablespoons of italian seasoning that went into the dough was WAAAYY too much for our tastes !!!! that was a spicy crusta ! holy shit the flavor overpowered everything else , it reeked up the whole town ! was that sposda be 2 TEA spoons ? we made a triple recipe . i used a spice blend labeled "italian seasoning" i wasnt supposed to use "good seasonings italian dressing mix " or some shit was i ?

this is the shit i used here :

over all it wasnt BAD , and i definatly want to try the crust again , this time minus the seasoning . we let it sit for a few hors , it got tough so i brought it around with some oil / water and kneading .

the water pan trick , well i tried it on the first one , but , , , i think i prefer a super hot oven like 500 , the crust want done enough with or without the pan , we also precooked it and flipped it . the first recipe didnt bubble up (no rising time with that) but i think sharrpies may be the winner here .

next week sharpies crust , but i will micromanage the process , our other sauce recipe (i highly recomend you guys try that) and then the week after the original crust for a taste off .

the crust was very thin , different than the first run , so i want to monkey around more on that . i did brush the crust (edges) with olive oil , great trick , keeps it nice , just right . also the smaller the lip or edge the better .

thanks so much to sharrpie for being cool enough to send me the recipe . thats awesome .

and let me know if you try that sauce , i am telling you we really were amazed at how good it was .
Mary Hinge
3% gay

Post by Mary Hinge »

those look awesome, General.

That's it, pizza tonight - I'll try yer base recipe Sharpps.
Razor wrote:Neighbours are outside arguing..."you fucking fuck fuck stupid dumbfuck fucker fuck".
This sounds like you guys.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Mary Hinge wrote:those look awesome, General.

That's it, pizza tonight - I'll try yer base recipe Sharpps.
thanks !

DONT add the seasoning to the crust !!!!

last time we ordered a pizza it was 20 bucks , pick up .

these cost 5 bucks , and they are awesome , we make 2 , the leftovers are great in the oven on warm for 15 minutes .

8 oz of cheese is fine for one , don't go to heavy on the sauce either (3/4 of a big ladle), about a half pound of sausage . 500 degrees , about 6-7 minutes .

i demand pictures though .
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

really? I actually add more than 2 tablespoons of the seasoning. italian seasoning = marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, basil. not for everyone, I guess. the sauce should have A LOT of basil. and the dough should rise like jesus.

it's all adjustments to your own taste....but those look really good. I wouldn't turn down a slice.

Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

I would- he put his whole arm in it.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

my brother worked in a pizza joint in berkeley, and his boss had a great philosophy [brooklyn accent] "Hey guy, fuggit about it...Whatever bad stuff gets in there, it'll burn off in the oven." they never use soap or anything....rinse off with water, and go.....great stuff too.

General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Dress Barn wrote:I would- he put his whole arm in it.
heh , i am pretty OCD about handwashing / keeping stuff clean .

especially when cooking , it gets on my familys nerves , i am always avoiding anything that will infect the food . i got that from watching my mom work in the kitchen . she didnt care about germs / mold at all , "aaagh , it wont hurt anything" . then getting sick a bunch of times after eating there recently , or at other relatives houses , i got worse .

the only time she bought lucky charms for us was when the milk was spoiled (50 percent of the time) and she wanted us to "finish it up" .

i would go back to school in september and have christmas cookies in my lunch bag . she really knew how to stretch a dollar . you know how much shit you take from your buddys when you wip out a gingerbread man / wreath cookie on the first day of class ?
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

SHARPPIE wrote:really? I actually add more than 2 tablespoons of the seasoning. italian seasoning = marjoram, thyme, rosemary, savory, sage, oregano, basil. not for everyone, I guess. the sauce should have A LOT of basil. and the dough should rise like jesus.

it's all adjustments to your own taste....but those look really good. I wouldn't turn down a slice.
cant wait to try that crust again next week , with a lil adjustment .

i didnt make the recipe , so maybe something didnt go right , i know how to do the yeast trick so , next week .
Mary Hinge
3% gay

Post by Mary Hinge »

I was going to suggest gomti needed a wax..but thought I'd better not.

The crust was maybe a little dry (i got cramp rolling it), but that was probably my fault for doing a two-thirds volume version and the fact I am still getting used to my new gas oven oven, which is much slower than the electric incinerator I used to have. easily fixed next time - and it tasted great.
Only one thing - in my usual recipe, after the dough rises, I just give it the one belly punch afterwards - this one I kneaded again as instructed. I might go the belly punch instead next time and see how that goes - I'll definitely try this one again, cheers Sharpps.

I used a fair amount of dried herbs but nowhere near 2 tablespoons. Squeezy herbs are also great for when making pasta.

Pics later!
Razor wrote:Neighbours are outside arguing..."you fucking fuck fuck stupid dumbfuck fucker fuck".
This sounds like you guys.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

awesome

what sauce did you use

pics !

if the dough is too stiff i add some oil / water / flour , knead it for a while , it helps a lot .
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:
heh , i am pretty OCD about handwashing / keeping stuff clean .

especially when cooking , it gets on my familys nerves , i am always avoiding anything that will infect the food . i got that from watching my mom work in the kitchen . she didnt care about germs / mold at all , "aaagh , it wont hurt anything" . then getting sick a bunch of times after eating there recently , or at other relatives houses , i got worse .

the only time she bought lucky charms for us was when the milk was spoiled (50 percent of the time) and she wanted us to "finish it up" .

i would go back to school in september and have christmas cookies in my lunch bag . she really knew how to stretch a dollar . you know how much shit you take from your buddys when you wip out a gingerbread man / wreath cookie on the first day of class ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHXUk7UlH0
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

GAH! those look awesome, petey!
MUST. TRY. SOON.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

i cant recommend the baking stone enough .

makes a huge difference .

get the stone .

use a thermometer to get 110 degree water for the yeast .

a candy thermometer .

pics (pizza) are mandatory . extra points for pics if that dog (beuauo) eating pizza with a camo hat on .
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

we have 2 different stones...a regular one for bread (mostly) and a mario batali one for pizza:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G0JUKK I can't recommend this enough!

if you really have the cash, wood-fired brick oven is the way to go:

http://www.batalibrickoven.com/

General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

i made this , for doing the edges / adding toppings / sliding it into the oven ( flour and cornmeal help it slide )

this sits in the oven and gets hot for a half hour before the pie cooks on it (cornmeal on it too)

this is what i pull em out of the oven / cool / cut em on

this is what i use to cut em , way easier / cleaner cuts than those goofy wheel tools !

and its nice cause i get to pretend i am a juggalo for a minute .

of course you don't NEED all this fancy stuff , but , , it helps , specially if you plan on doing this regularly . i just collected stuff one piece at a time . you could start with just a pan , but you HAVE to have something for it to sit on , folks do em on cookie sheets too .
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

helpful tossing tips:

http://www.chow.com/stories/12129

last night's was pretty tasty....

pre-cook:

adding toppings - final cook:

remove...add salami...rest...yum:

General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

wheres all the pics ?!?

wow , salami on a pizza , thats tasty huh ?

will have to try that , i have made fried salami and cheese sammichs , when i was a lil stoner .

mmmm .

now the one on top was deets mini pizza , it was really really good , perfect thin crust , pepperoni . she enjoyed making it too .

this is shrapkies dough , minus the spiceanins .

white onion , green pep pep , we also nuke the roni for a minute , then degrease it , and cut it in half with a scissors .

the smaller the edges the better .

we cut back to a half a cup of sauce for a 15 inch . shrimpenstien is our sauce expert . she uses a cake frosting spreader tool to get it nice and even , and a spoon to edge it out .

i used that knife to run in between the dough and the board to avoid stickage when attempting "the slide" onto the stone , CAREFULL !

i forgot to brush the edges with olive oil , it burned a lil .

this was the best round yet , they turned out better than 8 out of ten pizza parlor pizzas .

i would recommend you try our sauce recipe , it is amazing . we make a quad recipe , save it for later pizza nights in a sketti sauce jar .

gonna be having some friends / relatives over and serving this .

thanks to sharkie for the superior crust recipe !
crotchgrabber
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Missin' Jimmy level: 89000

Post by crotchgrabber »

quick tip on toppings...
easy on greasey meats... any sausage, such as pepperoni, salami, chunky sausage. the oil from the meat seeps into the surrounding ingredients so you don't need as much.

my favorite topping combo in the world: bacon, canned pineapple chunks (drain as much of the juice as you can) and fresh jalepenos.

i haven't had pizza in a while. i used to help a buddy out at his pizza place a lot and got kinda sick of it. y'all are getting me thinking about it again.
Mr John wrote:You love cock.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

salami especially should be applied after it comes out of the oven...otherwise you end up with grease spots instead of meat.

General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

ever try the half nuke / paper towel to remove that grease method ?

works great , other wise "you be eatin that grease" .
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

crotchgrabber wrote:got kinda sick of it. y'all are getting me thinking about it again.
This is where I'm sitting too. My favourite topping is green pepper, sweetcorn, mushroom, red onion and freshly grated parmessan.
Sharppie is my best friend.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

I think that's impossible for me. we ate pizza for a month straight a little while ago, and I still wanted it the next night.