easy, nummy and quick recipes

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

easy, nummy and quick recipes

Post by ChickenMug »

green rice w/ chicken, peas & almonds
4 servings
prep time 15 min
cook time 30 min

ingredients
2 medium onions, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup flat leaf parsely
1/4 cup cup extra virgin olive oil
2 cups long grain rice
3.5 cups chicken/veggie broth
1 lb chicken breasts cut into strips
salt and freshly ground pepper to tast
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/2 cup slived almonds, lightly toasted
juice of 1 lime

1. pulse the onions & parsely in food processor until finely chopped (or just finely chop it all yerself.) In a large heavy saucepan heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium high heat, add the onion/parsely mixture and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the rice & broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes
2. Add remaining olive oil to heated skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side. Add to the rice along with the peas and half of the almonds. Cover the rice and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime (or lemon) juice; season with salt and pepper (add paprika & red pepper for added spice) to taste. Top with remaining toasted almonds
Redundant Retard
3% gay
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Redundant Retard »

Sounds good. Now, give me a Fantastic risotto recipe.

edit: please. :D
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

summer garden pie

ingredients:
3 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded & sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 pkg (15 oz) refrigerated pie crusts*
4 bacon slices*
3 medium size sweet onions (ex: vidalia) halived, sliced thin
1 cup (4 oz) shredded sharp cheddard cheese
1 cup mayonaise
1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp dry bread crumbs (can be italian seasoned)

1. Place tomatoe slices on paper towels & sprinkle with salt (1/2 tsp); let stand 30 mins
2. Unfold pie crust into a 9 inch deep dish pie plate. Bake @ 450 degrees for 10-12 mins or until lightly browned.*
3. Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp, remove & drain on paper towels, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble bacon & set aside.
4. Saute onion in hot drippings (or olive oil if bacon was not used) over med-high heat 8-10 minutes or until tender. Spoon onion into prepared crust and top with tomato slices.
5. stir together cheddar cheese, mayo & pepper & remaining salt. Spread mixture over tomato slices.
6. Combine parmesean cheese and bread crumbs; sprinkle on top of pie.
7. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with bacon (if used.)

*i usually buy the prepared crusts in the pie shell
cook according to directions if you choose this route

also, if you don't use bacon, just saute onions in olive oil
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

Redundant user";p="899788 wrote:Sounds good. Now, give me a Fantastic risotto recipe.

edit: please. :D
i'm on it, tooty fruity
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

dunno about fantastic....

2 large heads garlic, whole and unpeeled
Approximately 1 quart (1.1 litres) chicken stock
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 shallots or 2 medium onions, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 head celery, finely chopped
14 ounces (400 grams) risotto rice
2 wine glasses dry white vermouth or dry white wine
Sea salt
1 good handful fresh thyme, leaves picked
Freshly ground black pepper
2 1/2 ounces (70 grams) butter
4 ounces (115 grams) freshly grated Parmesan
51/2 ounces (155 grams) shelled and peeled almonds, lightly crushed, cracked or chopped
2 handfuls coarse fresh bread crumbs
Olive oil

For the basic risotto: Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Roast the whole garlic heads on a dish in the oven until soft, about 30 minutes.
Stage 1: Heat the stock. In a separate pan heat the olive oil, add the shallots or onions, garlic, and celery, and fry slowly for about 4 minutes. When the vegetables have softened, add the rice and turn up the heat.
Stage 2: The rice will now begin to fry, so keep stirring it. After a minute it will look slightly translucent. Add the vermouth or wine and keep stirring, it will smell fantastic. Any harsh alcohol flavors will evaporate and leave the rice with a tasty essence.
Stage 3: Once the vermouth or wine has cooked into the rice, add your first ladle of hot stock and a good pinch of salt. Separate the roasted garlic cloves and squeeze out the sweet insides into the risotto. Add the thyme and black pepper to the risotto. Turn down the heat to a highish simmer, so the rice doesn't cook too quickly on the outside. Keep adding ladles of stock.
Stage 4: Remove from the heat and add the butter and Parmesan. Stir gently. Place a lid on the pan and allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes. This is the most important part of making the risotto, as this is when it becomes outrageously creamy and oozy like it should be. Eat as soon as possible while the risotto retains its perfect texture. In a frying pan toast the almonds and bread crumbs in a little olive oil until crisp and golden. Season with a little salt. Set to one side. Serve the risotto with the toasted almonds and bread crumbs sprinkled over the top. Lovely.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

I have actually tried one that is very very similar, and that one was pretty good. I'll give this one a shot within the next couple of weeks and let you know. Thanks Cm.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Omelette a la Ghanese flag:

A couple of eggs
onion
red paprika or red chilli
mustard after taste
garlic
broccoli

lightly boil the broccoli, fry the onion, paprika\chilli\garlic (I guess you could add bacon or similar)
whip the eggs together with the mustard and a few tiny drops of water and spices\salt
pour the egg\mustard over the vegetables\(bacon)
sprinkle the broccoli
boil untill "set"

Enjoy
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
2 cup mexican/fiest blend cheese (or cheddar, whatever you like)
1 can prepared enchilada sauce
1 80z pkg cream cheese (can sub in fat free/lo fat)
1 pkg large flour tortillas (whole wheat work well also)
1 pkg taco seasoning (for spicy variation)
sour cream
salsa

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Brown chicken in a skillet until cooked. In the meantime, combine 1.5 cups of cheese, 2/3 enchilada sauce & cream cheese in non stick saucepan. Heat on medium until cheeses are melted. After chicken is cooked and cooled, shred with hands. For the spicier variation, cook shredded chicken in skillet with the packet of taco seasoning then continue. Add shredded chicken to the cheese mixture and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Evenly distribute chicken/cheese mixture in the tortillas. Wrap them up and place in 9x13 baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce atop prepared enchiladas then sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top & put in 350 degree over until cheese is melted.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

No offense, but that sounded pretty disgusting. ;)
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

it's the cream cheese that really freaked me out
but it's good

oh and
lentil soup

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground toasted cumin
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise

Place the olive oil into a large 6-quart Dutch oven and set over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, carrot, celery and salt and sweat until the onions are translucent, approximately 6 to 7 minutes. Add the lentils, tomatoes, broth, coriander, cumin and grains of paradise and stir to combine. Increase the heat to high and bring just to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook at a low simmer until the lentils are tender, approximately 35 to 40 minutes. Using a stick blender, puree to your preferred consistency. Serve immediately.

huh huh....dutch oven....huh huh
Redundant Retard
3% gay

That's more to my liking. I'll try that one too. Keep 'em coming :)
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

4 whole poussins, dressed, rinsed under cool water and patted dry
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 cups balsamic vinegar
2 heads garlic, cut in half
1 onion, quartered
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 teaspoon plus 1/2 to 3/4 cup olive oil
For the Eggplant and tomato gratin:
1 teaspoon olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons for bread crumbs
1 small eggplant cut into 1/4-inch slices
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup olive oil, for sauteing eggplant
1 large vine-ripened tomato, cut into 1/4-inch slices
Drizzle olive oil
3/4 cup fine dried bread crumbs
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chiffonade

Season the poussins with salt and pepper. Place in a large zip-lock bag. Add the vinegar, garlic, onions, and rosemary. Seal completely and place in the refrigerator. Marinate for at least 2 hours, turning occasionally. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Remove poussins from the bag and place on an oval clay baking dish, with a lid. Lay the onions and garlic around the poussin. Add 1/4 cup of water and place in the oven. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove the lid and continue to bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
For the Eggplant and Tomato Gratin: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Grease an 8 or 9-inch porcelain round or oval 2-inch dish with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Season both sides of the eggplant with salt and pepper. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, add 1/2 cup of the oil. When the oil is hot, pan-fry the eggplant until golden on both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. **Add more oil if needed. Remove from the heat and transfer to the prepared pan. Arrange the slices in 1 layer over the bottom of the dish. Season both sides of the tomatoes with salt and pepper. Arrange the tomatoes in 1 layer over the eggplant. Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil. In a small mixing bowl, combine the bread crumbs and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the tomatoes. Place on the top rack in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 2 minutes before slicing.

To serve, place each poussin on a serving plate. Serve with a wedge of the Tomato and Eggplant Gratin. Garnish with basil.

you can sub in boneless, skinless chicken breasts for the game hens
to reduce marinating and cooking time
bake at same heat just watch the breasts (tee hee!) carefully
Redundant Retard
3% gay

You can't seriously except me to ever eat four of these:

ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

these aren't ALL for you, lava lips
Redundant Retard
3% gay

:shock:

Face it, we're alone in this thread. :sly:
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Are you fuck.

1 Piece of thick cut bread, lightly toasted. Melt some davidstow cheddar on the cunt until it the cheese to brown.

Welsh rarebit.

Fuckah!
Sharppie is my best friend.
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

:lol:

the love of mah life right there :love:

oh and tonight's dinner was

chinese citrus chicken
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 cloves minced garlic (or garlic powder, if you are lazy)
4 chicken breasts

combine all ingredients in a ziploc bag and marinate @ least 2 hours (i prefer ovrenight.)
remove chicken, discard marinade. Broil chicken in over 8 mins each side.

serve with....

sesame noodles
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp scoops tahini (that's a paste made from ground sesame seeds-kinda like peanut butter)
2 tbsp sesame oil (or extra virgin olive oil if sesame oil is N/A)
2 pinches cayenne/red pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
1 inch gingerroot, grated, or 2 pinches ground ginger
1 lb angel hair pasta (or any spaghetti type pasta) cooked al dente
3 scallions, sliced thin on an angle (or 1 medium yellow onion)
1 large carrot, peeled and grated
toasted sesame seeds & crushed red pepper flakes to garnish

combine soy sauce, tahini, sesami oil, cayenne, garlic and ginger root in a bowl. whisk until dressing is smooth.

when pasta is cooked until al dente (that's still slightly firm to th bite), drain it and run it under cold water until noodles are chilled. drain the cooled noodles well

dump noodles into a big bowl w/ dressing and combin until noodles are evenly coated with a thin layer of sauce, add veggies and dump noodles onto serving dish. garnsih with sesame seesa and red pepper flakes if desired.
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

for all the real men out there

tomato florentine quiche
1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed
1 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
2 tbsp italian seasoned breadcrumbs
3 lrg eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup half and half
4 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled (optional)
1/2 cup shredded sharp chedded cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 tsp pesto seasoning or dried basil
1/4 tsp red pepper
1 pie crust

drain spinach in wire mesh strainer to remove excess water. toss together drained, diced tomatoes and bread crumbs. stir together spinach, eggs, hald and half, bacon, cheeses and seasonings. gently fold in the tomato mixture. pour into unbaked pie crust that has been placed in 9 inche pie plate. place on baking sheet. bake @ 350 degrees F 50-60 minutes and let sit 20 minutes before serving.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Two man size handfulls of mixed salad leaves, 1/2 a grated and beetroot, 4 spring or salad onions chopped diagonally and course grated parmasan. Mix. Ad a nice French style vinegarrette (to induce a slightly pickeled flavour ala sourkraut) Ahhh! Bisto. That's a 'Nam Salad' right there.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

holiday family feast

15 pounds (6.8kg) chipped beef
1 pound (450g) of fat, butter preferred
1¼ lbs (560g) of flour
2 12-oz cans of evaporated milk
1 bunch parsley
¼ oz (7g) pepper
6 quarts (6l) beef stock

Procedure
Brown the flour in the melted fat.
Dissolve the milk in the beef stock, and then add that to the pot.
Stir this together slowly to prevent lumping, and then add the beef.
Cook for a few minutes, add the parsley, and serve over toast.
run !
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

nummy pizza i made last night

pizza dough (make your own, buy premade or buy one of those already done pizza crusts)
2 avocados
1 onion, sliced thin
1 cucumber, sliced thin
2-3 radishes, sliced (you guessed it) thin
mozzarella cheese, shredded, couple handfuls
extra virgin olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt/pepper

preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

saute onions in medium saucepan until golden brown (couple minutes.)

bake pizza crust @ 400 degrees until golden (approx 8 minutes in my oven.)

mash up avocados in a bowl. add 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil and a few good splashed of balsamic vinegar, along with salt & pepper. spread mixture onto cooked pizza crust.

top with onions, cheese, radishes, cucumbers and anything else your heart desires.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Lightly toast your bread. Open a tin if baked beans. Heat on high with a bit of butter and white pepper. Servce on top of the toasted bread which has been liberally buttered. Booyakakaka!
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

baked beanies with ground beef onion dry mustard and ketchup !

no offense , that "pizza" sounded gross .

me likie cheese and sausage . gp , onion , shrooms are pushin it . we have a pizza place in countryside il called LEDOS , the whole top of the pie is covered in fresh sausage ! really good , but i get unreal bad farts specially with beers .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Toasted bread, parmesan, tomato, olive oil. Nuff said.
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

chicken piccata

2 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, butterflied and then cut in half (i usually sub in fresh fish fillets, like tilapia or redfish, about 5 good sized fillets)
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
All-purpose flour, for dredging
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup brined capers, rinsed
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup white wine
2 T chopped garlic (about 2 cloves)

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons olive oil*. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add 2 pieces of chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate. Melt 2 more tablespoons butter and add another 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add the other 2 pieces of chicken and brown both sides in same manner.

deglaze with 1/4 cup dry white wine. add a couple cloves chopped garlic. heat until garlic is slightly browned but not burnt.

Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to sauce and whisk vigorously. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.

*if cooking fish instead of chicken, just use evoo