MY BBQ recipe (sloppy joes)

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

shamrock
ask me about my yeast infection

MY BBQ recipe (sloppy joes)

Post by shamrock »

The standard recipe is:
1 LB Ground Beef (or chuck)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons mustard
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sweet relish
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Dash of ground cloves. (like an 1/8 teaspoon - be careful with that - cloves are pretty strong. Put too much in and it's all you will taste.

Brown your Ground Beef or Chuck - chopping it up as you go:

Chop your onion. It's best to chop it up pretty fine so you don't get huge chunks of onion

Once the Ground Meat is browned, drain the grease and put it back on the stove and add the onions. Let it cook this way for about 4 or 5 minutes to flavor the meat:

Mix the water, ketchup, mustard, vinegar, salt, relish, worcestershire & cloves in a mixing bowl. Mix it all together and after the meat and onions have cooked together for the 4 or 5 minutes, add it to the skillet.

Mix everything together and cook on low heat for about an hour. The sauce will thicken as it cooks. It's ready to eat after about an hour, but if I am cooking it for a tailgate or a party I usually cook it on low heat for about 2 hours and then store it in tupperware overnight. Then for the tailgate, all you have to do is heat it up. Quick and easy.

After about an hour

Serve on hamburger buns - I like to add mustard to my sandwich. Some people add cole slaw as well, but I think that's pretty nasty.

Pretty simple - VERY TASTY - and I've yet to meet anyone who hasn't loved it yet. 2 of the guys at the Bengals party on Sunday had never had it - and each one of them ate 6 sandwiches. I only ate 5. LOL.

PS - It's good to have some potato chips around to scoop up the BBQ that fell out of your bun while you were eating it.

Who Dey!
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by judasmuppet »

Why do you call that BBQ?
I SINCERELY HOPE YOU CUNTS NEVER BUILD PLANES
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

judasmuppet";p="805360 wrote:Why do you call that BBQ?
shamrock
ask me about my yeast infection

Post by shamrock »

a lot of the stuff that I use is the same as what I make my BBQ sauce out of.

That is why I call it my BBQ sloppy joe's...