Oh dear god...

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

Ruby Juice
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Oh dear god...

Post by Ruby Juice »

Yes, please.

Rogue Chocolate Stout Cheesecake Recipe

Ingredients:
4 Tbls plus 10 Tbls butter
1 1/2 cups graham cracker or chocolate cookie crumbs
1 1/2 lbs. cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup Rogue Ales Chocolate Stout
1 cup sugar
1 Tbls flour
1 Tbls baking powder
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
10 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Procedure:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Melt 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the cookie crumbs and mix until moist. Assemble the spring form
pan and press the crumb mixture evenly across the bottom of the pan to form the crust. Place in hot
oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Place cream cheese, vanilla extract, and Chocolate Stout into mixing bowl and use the paddle attachment
to mix until smooth. (For best results, set cream cheese out at room temperature for 1 or 2 hours
before beginning.) Add the sugar, flour and baking powder, mix until smooth.
4. Whip the 2 eggs and 2 egg yolks together, and add the eggs to the cream cheese mixture, mixing it
just long enough to incorporate them into the mixture. Pour mixture into the spring form pan.
5. Combine the chocolate chips and remaining butter, and melt over low heat or in a double-boiler,
whisking constantly until smooth. Pour approximately half of this mixture into a circular pattern into
the cream cheese mixture. Use a toothpick to stir the chocolate to create a swirl effect.
6. Place cheesecake into a pre-heated oven and bake until done, approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool at room temperature for 1 hour, then chill in refrigerator.
7. The other half of the chocolate mixture is used for garnish. Once the cheesecake has chilled,
warm up the chocolate mixture, and drizzle or pipe thin stripes on top of it. Another option
is to mix chocolate with a little bit of cream cheese and pipe rosettes on each slice.
Miss Yvonne";p="973758 wrote:
I'm not chinese, but I can't read most of this thread!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

It's dark...dark...dark. Let's just leave it at that. This is one of my favorites to come out of the last six years. I'm about to move on to All-grain goodness and from what I hear there's no turning back from that. So I thought I'd share what will probably be my last extract recipe. It's fantastic if I do say so myself. My friends love it...my dad loves it...I love it...
Extracts: 6.6 lbs Unhopped Dark Malt Extract 3.3 lbs Amber DME Grains (Milled) 1 lb Chocolate Malt 1/2 lb Black Patent Malt 1/2 lb Munich Malt 1 lb Roasted Barley Hops: Bittering - (60) 2 oz Northern Brewer 1 oz Chinook Flavoring - (30) 1oz Cascade Finishing - (10) 1oz Fuggles Extras: 1/2 lb Semi Sweet Baking Chocolate (start of boil) 1 tsp Irish Moss (30) 1 tsp Gypsum (30) Yeast : 2 packages dried ale yeast
Pretty normal process. The point at which to add each item is notated next to that item in the ingredients list. For the most part, I assume we all know how the process works...if I'm wrong, I apologize. Anyway, it only fermented 6 days before going to the bottles. Whatever means of priming you normally use is good enough. I've been using sugar but was recently turned onto using malt extract as sugar leaves a lot of sediment in the bottles. Good luck...I hope you like it as much as I do.
Sharppie is my best friend.
Redundant Retard
3% gay
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Redundant Retard »

Dark chocolate. Dark beer. My god! I want it, now. :drool:
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.