Cakes

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

Redundant Retard
3% gay
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Cakes

Post by Redundant Retard »

Pear and Honey cake

Flour
Baking soda
A little salt
Spices (Either cloves\cinnamon or lemon peel\mint or similar)
Honey (enough to make the cake a tad sweet, but not more)
Mashed pear
Milk
Butter
Eggs
Raisins (optional)

Mix together, smooth and runny.
Pour into some sort of cooking pan (No, not a shoe)
Sprinkle the top with pear and streaks of honey (and sprinkle some spices on too if you want)

Into the pre-heated oven (200 - 225 c or something should be fine)
For about 45 minutes. Untill it's crispy, and not too mushy inside. (It will be a bit like pudding in the middle because of the honey, but should definitly be firm).
Last edited by Redundant Retard on 27 Aug 2006, 14:19, edited 1 time in total.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

Fucken YUM, man.

Be honest... can you do this thing? I'm a packet mix kinda dude, myself.
Miss Yvonne wrote:Stop having boring tuna. Stop having a boring life.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

I'm no professional chef, but I enjoy cooking. For friends and family that is. I've done that specific cake at least 4-5 times. The first time I just put some "shit" together and it tasted really great, so I tried a second time from memory, and it was equally great. People want to fuck me when I feed them this. :biggrin:

No seriously, it's delishious. In the summer you might want to not go with the cloves\cinnamon, but I think that makes for the most interesting taste. Also, pear is really just my variant, I would love to try this with peaches\mango (I've tried apple, and it's great), cherries, well, just about anything with a bit of acid. I'm guessing banana could be good, but I think that would be a bit "stale".

I never use recipies my self, so the exact amount of the ingridients I couldn't give you, but it should become a semi-thick batter. A little firmer than pancake, but runnier than bread. ;-)

Oh, and the cloves need to be grounded, of course.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Just take all the "dry" stuff in a baking bowl, then add the liquid. Then mix in the utterly finechoped or crushed pears and honey. It's really rather easy.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Another cake, hence the change of title.

Cake of Nuts

Pretty much the same as the Pear & Honey cake, but with nuts instead of fruit.

Ingredients:

Flour
Baking soda
Salt (very little)

Milk
Eggs
Butter
Honey

Coconut
Hazelnuts
Almonds
Peanuts
Cashew
Pecan
(Just chose the nuts you like\prefer, but I would recomend the use of at least coconut, because it gives moisture to an otherwise "dry" cake)

Mix everything together (wet in dry, then nuts). Same procedure as Pear&Honey.

If you make this cake with just a minimum of honey (or sugar, if you must) it will work perfectly well as a bread. It's nice enough with cheese or just a as it is. Nice for vegeterians, especially if you use almonds.

Very good, although not as "cakey" as the Pear & Honey variant.

Enjoy, Baby! :biggrin: