The Wine thread

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

crotchgrabber
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Missin' Jimmy level: 89000

Post by crotchgrabber »

i'm gonna try to get to the bonny doon tasting room in the next couple weeks.
i don't think they can legally sell any of their fortified stuff out of state, so check their site and if any of that interests you, let me know.
bonny doon rawks face.
Mr John wrote:You love cock.
fatDmass
poofy

Post by fatDmass »

A tender pervert";p="846914 wrote:I think you've just shown us proof that your posts aren't worth reading.
Hoor-paar-Kraat
3% gay
Missin' Jimmy level: 999

Post by Hoor-paar-Kraat »

crotchgrabber";p="793427 wrote:i'm gonna try to get to the bonny doon tasting room in the next couple weeks.
i don't think they can legally sell any of their fortified stuff out of state, so check their site and if any of that interests you, let me know.
bonny doon rawks face.
Bonny Doon makes fortified wine?

I'm all over that shit like stink on an unemployment line.
H.I.V. = F U N!
crotchgrabber

Post by crotchgrabber »

NV Bouteille Call
What is the wine like? For one thing, it is not a wine so much as a call to action, an entreaty, an appeal to reacquaint
oneself with the pleasures of the sensual world. It also happens to be an unguent/boisson that must be slathered
about or accompany the most tasty and tender chocolate-covered bits one can, well, tender. On a more qualitative
plane, the wine is almost unnaturally rich and viscous. When the wine is poured, the aromas of raspberry, cassis and licorice fairly
billow out of the glass in an almost cartoony, Barbara Eden-like fashion. Though the wine has considerable tannin, the tannin
is almost completely buried under the richness and extract and yumminess. “Decadent” is an adjective that is grossly overused
within the academy of wine writers, but one can easily imagine, no offense intended, Hef in the grotto, washing down his
little blue friend with a glass or three of BC in anticipation of innumerable momentos de verdad.
crotchgrabber

Post by crotchgrabber »

Let us quickly dispense with the tedious production details and then we can move on to the more germane aspects of this very naughty beverage. Bouteille Call is built around syrah from Jeff Brown’s Oak Park Vineyard. This vineyard produces a small crop of very dark, blueberry-sized grapes that are fairly low in acidity and noteworthy for a very strong cassis, licorice and white pepper character. The grapes were destemmed, immediately drained of 25% of their volume of juice [what those blood-thirsty French winemakers call “saigner”] and chilled for four days of cold-soak prior to the addition of yeast for fermentation. Shortly thereafter, we began adding grape spirits in very small increments and a short one-week after crush, the wine was removed from its skins. This is an unusually short cuvaison for us. However the grapes were so concentrated - and we were able to extract a tremendous amount of flavor and aromatic potential as well as color with the cold-soak and the initial fortification – that the wine just seemed to have cried j’arrive, as it were. A few weeks on we made the final fortifications with additional grape spirits and our Framboise, Infusion of Raspberries, thus the cryptic denomination on the back label, “Grape Wine & Raspberry Wine with Grape Neutral Spirits Added.” These fortifications arrested the fermentation at roughly 18.5% alcohol and 7% residual sugar – your garden variety Port chiffres. The wine was then racked to puncheons for a nice nap until bottling.
crotchgrabber

Post by crotchgrabber »

and any winery that slaps a label like this on it's bottles is bound to rawk.

judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by judasmuppet »

Voigniers?

I'd read that these can be extremely iffy, and overbearing. Had one last night, and it was smooth in the mouth, and bit of bite down the hatch. I liked it.
I SINCERELY HOPE YOU CUNTS NEVER BUILD PLANES
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Just bought this. Better fucking rawk or else.

Click image for info.
Sharppie is my best friend.
crotchgrabber

Post by crotchgrabber »

Nam Tsao";p="833688 wrote:Just bought this. Better fucking rawk or else.

Click image for info.
from the notes it sounds like my kind of wine.
Mr John wrote:You love cock.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Post by Redundant Retard »

Tacky.

This is the real stuff.

Sicilian. From the Ragusa district. Strong, dry and bold, heavy on the tannins.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Cerasuolo Vittoria is masked by a label which hides the extremely modern and common blend it holds, ereal stuff? A real modern blend perhaps. The Glaezer label is pretentious and a little cliched (no more than the hackeneyed labelling of the Cerasuolo Vittoria) but the difference is that the simple labelling of the Glaezer masks the sublime nature of the wine it holds (affirmed by many notable reviews, particularly those of Robert Parker and co). The Cerasuolo Vittoria is a good blended albeit common wine, not a great wine but is extremely good. In the Wine Advocate, the 2003 Cerasuolo Vittoria achieved a 90 point score, where the 2005 Amon-Ra Glaezer Shirax scored 98, two off a maximum, stating that the Shiraz would only improve with time and it would be two decades before it is fully matured. Couldn't give a fuck about the label. You don't drink it.
Sharppie is my best friend.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

Does port belong in this thread?
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

sure

geez doll, drinking much lately?
:lol:

not that i am one to talk
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

The in-laws just got back from holidays and brought heaps of good stuff.
Three bottles of some Italian red that I've not yet tasted, in addition to all the other mentionables.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

I don't feel so well.
Rick Cave
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Rick Cave »

Why do you think the Italians and French can't win a war?
Fuckin' wine I tells ya.
Depressed beyond tablets
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

*sips a lovely shiraz-viognier*
Nam Tsao
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Nam Tsao »

Off to Orlean, Blois and Tours next month. Heart of the Touraine wine region (Loire) encompassing many appellations. I really can't wait.

And the French and Italians built huge empires on the back of a good wine. I'd like to think that during their party, they controlled the world...it's just in historical matters they're having a bit of a hangover right now and who can blame them. hang over and hair of the dog.

Recently bought a 2004 Tapanapa Whalebone Cabernet-Shiraz (cabernet-syrah).
Absolutely stunning. Like drinking a fine spirit than just a mere wine.
http://www.winestar.com.au/prod299.htm
This will live for a long, long time. It’s a statuesque wine, firm and dense and serious. It smells dusty and soy-like and layered, and it tastes magnificent – it does that rare thing of offering up a lot now, while at the same time suggesting strongly that there is still a lot more to be revealed. Dense blackcurrant, chocolate, dried herbs, dust, ground spice, and lots of well-formed, rigid, muscular tannin. It is magnificent. Drink: 2015-2025. 95 points. Campbell Mattinson, The Wine Front

Tapanappa's Whalebone Vineyard of 30-year-old vines lies just north of Coonawarra in the Wrattonbully region. This blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (70%), Shiraz (20%) and Cabernet Franc (10%) spends 18 months in all new French oak barriques. The nose has a haunting, exotic spice perfume of Sandalwood and incense, with a background of soft, crushed cashew and almond. A core of dense, ripe, focused black fruit comes through powerfully, with a ripe cherry edge and cool, mint-humbug and eucalyptus nuances. On the palate there's a glorious rush of concentrated, hugely ripe fruit, with a glossy, fat, black fruit weight and a swirling smokiness. A core of acidity sears through this wine, a fleshy, plummy, depth and a very finely-grained tannic structure. It is exuberant yet restrained and elegant, and is a perfect step forward from the very impressive but slightly too oaky first vintage in 2003. Outstanding stuff. Tom Cannavan; www.wine-pages.com

A very well made red with elements of cassis and spice. There is also a touch of leafiness. Well integrated oak rounds out a very harmoniously composed blend. Highly Recommended; Lester Jesberg; Winewise, Volume 22

First and foremost the 2004 Tapanappa Cabernet Shiraz is the taste of the Whalebone Vineyard. The terroir delivers complexity involving the aroma and taste of dusty earth and Eucalypt smoke. A glass of Tapanappa Cabernet Shiraz is translucent and a vibrant cerise colour. The aroma is built in layers with a core of Cabernet Sauvignon mulberry and clove surrounded by the blackberry and liquorice of Shiraz. A central sweet fruit flavour follows on with dry dusty tannins turning creamy as the persistence of the fruit, earth and smoke creates length. 2004 Tapanappa Cabernet Shiraz is from a cool dry sunny year and is much longer than it is wide. Spring lamb lightly roasted with thyme and rosemary is the natural dish to amplify the flavours and structure of the wine. Winemaker Brian Croser.
"I've been in a bad mood since 1998" - Me.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

Never heard of it, but I'll look it up.
Nam Tsao
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Nam Tsao »

If you get it...it's still "young". Cellar it for few years and take the food recomendations seriously. Lamb and thyme would be spot on in my view. It's been auctioned for quite a lot of cash recently because it's expected to mature very well so think of it as a investment for your palate.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

The local had their pinot noir, but not the cab shiraz. I don't think I'm really a fan of pinot, and certainly not at the price that was on it. However, there's a chance they'll get something else in from them. They have a good rep.
Nam Tsao
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Nam Tsao »

So I went to France and didn't visit a single vineyard. Some locals at the supermarket helped me choose some bottles that were just two euros each, but they insisted they were good local wines. I thought "this will be some ropey shit" but upon trying them back home, they'd rank up there with some wines I've bought and enjoyed around the £10 mark, which is more than five times the price. I can't recall the dame of single one of them though.
Busta
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 5

Post by Busta »

Just bought some $3 shiraz merlot from ALDI.

No taste, so it's not good or bad i guess.

Recommended for alcoholics
Eviltoastman wrote:Tofu is made from satan's cum and lego.
ChickenMug
not very out-and-about-y

Post by ChickenMug »

that's why i stay away from chardonnay
goes down like water, no taste

who am i kidding?
ALL alcohol goes down like water for me
but some actually taste pleasant

i am about to fuck up the liquor store
possibly
Nam Tsao
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Nam Tsao »

I've had some cracking Aussie Reisling's recently and some Aussie Chardonays have been packed with peachy flavours.