ahi w/green curry sauce

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

Chauncey
a lustrous shine

ahi w/green curry sauce

Post by Chauncey »

i think i just made the best meal i have ever had but i then again i don't get out much. I would realy like to share it with you

heres the recipe

first thing you do is make some rice i think everyone here knows how to do that.
i used organic jasmine rice but any rice will do.

what you need for the sauce

cocnut milk 1 can

vegtable broth(you could use chicken i didn't have any) 1/3 cup

fish oil (you can get it at asian markets or some supermarkets, i got mine at henry's) 2 tbl spns or to taste

green curry paste 1 tbl spn or to taste

fresh basil (must be fresh, i got mine right from my garden :b) 1/3 cup

ginger (i used the pre-minced variety)

garlic 2 cloves minced

1/2 tbl spn honey

mix curry paste with the coconut milk and simmer for 5 min
add everything else and stir.

add the veggies

zuchini

red pepper

broccoli

whatever you want
i cut the vegtables into spears i think it looks better, esp. the zuchini
simmer the veggies with the sauce, covered on a low heat. Try not to cook the veggies to long keep em a little crunchy

last but not least is the ahi. i found a realy nice peice of ahi at the store tonight it inspired this whole meal. A realy nice sashimi curt of my fucking god it was beautiful.

ok so get a pan realy hot and sear the ahi on each side keep the center pink and try to just slightly brow the top and bottom

pot a mound of rice on the plate, put fish on top, surround with veggies, pour sauce over it. eat with chop sticks
Hitman

Re: ahi w/green curry sauce

Post by Hitman »

Are the chop sticks compulsory?
refs unsheep
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by refs unsheep »

i also use a tablespoon of lime juice, some kaffir lime leaves .... and palm sugar instead of honey.... otherwise, pretty much the same recipe... i guess it depends if u want the whole sweet/sour/hot contrast thing going... personally, i only ever put enough palm sugar in to lower the heat of the curry paste whilst getting that yummy curry flavor... the most important thing in this receipe has to be a high quality curry paste...

also, u MUST garnish with coriander (i think u guys call it cilantro)... the transformation of the curry is amazing...
Peanutbutter";p="533662 wrote:hes talking about me folks!...i have a small penis!...look at me!, im small penis man!!!
Hitman

Post by Hitman »

Yes, cilantro.......