Quail wrapped in pancetta

Private forum where members of The Über Groupie Recipe Congregation user group can share recipes

Moderators: refs unsheep, ChickenMug

Hitman

Quail wrapped in pancetta

Post by Hitman »

Another entree:

Quail wrapped in pancetta with grilled polenta & grape confit

Portion size = 20

Ingredients

Quail

20 Quail
300g Pancetta
50ml Olive oil
1 Bunch of Parsley (Garnish)
Salt and pepper to taste

Grape Confit

630g Black seedless grapes
20g Caster sugar
200ml Red wine
80ml Red wine vinegar

Polenta

640ml Water
320g Polenta
40g Grated Parmesan
50ml Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste

Method

Grape Confit

In a saucepan dissolve the sugar in the wine & vinegar. Slice the grapes in half, then add them to the saucepan & let simmer gently for 40 mins until the liquid has reduced to a syrup.

Polenta

Bring the salted water to the boil in a saucepan. Whisk in the polenta & cook out for 2-3mins. Stir in butter, parmesan & season to taste.
Spoon mixture onto an oiled tray so that it is 1 cm deep & refrigerate for 1 hour. Cut into squares & then in half to make triangles. Place the triangles on a tray & lightly brush both sides with oil. Cook under a hot salamander until golden brown on each side.

Quail

Rub the Quail with olive oil & season. Cover the breasts with the pancetta. Wrap each quail individually with foil & place on a baking tray. Place in a 220 DegC oven for 15mins. Remove & open up the foil & return to the oven to brown & crisp, which should take another 15mins. Allow to rest for 10 mins.

Arrange the quail on top of the polenta triangles & drizzle the grape confit around the quail. Garnish with a sprig of parsley.
the great below
spreading STDs since 1999
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Re: Quail wrapped in pancetta

Post by the great below »

One day, I would like it very much if you allowed me to touch your naked bottom.
Rick Cave wrote:No one is fucking Phil up the ass with vomit lube.
Rick Cave wrote:My cock rolls its own cigarettes.