The Place Beyond the Pines - Original Soundtrack

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
Strangel
opulent otter
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

The Place Beyond the Pines - Original Soundtrack

Post by Strangel »

Listened to this entire album in the car today.

If you want to know what it's like just grab a keyboard and fuck around with the strings mode. The pacing is incredibly slow.

Releasing this album was utterly pointless. It just does not stand up on its own and should only be heard as it was intended I guess - during the actual movie!

Otherwise a complete waste of fucking time and $17!
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Re: The Place Beyond the Pines - Original Soundtrack

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

Well, that sucks to hear. I was anticipating this a little. Maybe it will be an o.k. listen for certain moods...I don't know.

Patton was asked to do this and arranged it for a certain way for reasons. I am sure they didn't say, "hey... we want you to do this. Just do what ever you feel like.... Scat, cowls, farts, beeps, buzzes, screams, piss waterfalls and all." I am sure there was some direction behind it. Probably like that other elevator soundtrack Prime Numbers or something.?.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
Strangel
opulent otter

Post by Strangel »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:Maybe it will be an o.k. listen for certain moods...
Absolutely. I have lived with the soundtrack a little longer now and it has been growing on me. Certainly a lot more going on than I gave it credit for originally. It's absoluteley music for the mornings though - this is not for the cluttered mind and I have no patience for it at the end of the day.

There are some really brilliant moments and the use of choir is something new for Mike. Quite a classical approach. Love the way the orchestral bass drum is used for drama too.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

better than new Tomahawk....no joke