Re: Record Store Day 2012

Post by BABY SHAKER »

(lingus) wrote:are you a doctor now?
an ocean doctor?
:lol:

:pirate:

a suuuuurgeon upon the seven seas!!!

hey sheen, now you should man up and post a pic of yourself.
you know... like you were supposed to do a while back.

no, I haven't forgotten.
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

vapid penumbra wrote:
(lingus) wrote:are you a doctor now?
an ocean doctor?

:pirate:

hey sheen, now you should man up and post a pic of yourself.
you know... like you were supposed to do a while back.

no, I haven't forgotten.
Man up! I'll Man Up when I get you in the same 50' radius. I was "supposed" to do something? Funny, I don't recall owing you anything except an ass beating. I didn't ask shar pei to upload that ugly fucking thing. Just because I have a new dart board back ground, don't go thinking I owe ya.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Post by BABY SHAKER »

oh no, you don't just owe it to me.
you owe it to a majority of the people here... especially the select few who were lucky enough
to have set eyes on that retarded baseball capped frat boy coddles baby monster photo.
you see, you can't RIPROAR out of the gate swinging/actually making contact and then just
throw in the towel and lie there on your back looking at the arena lights listening to the crowd
chant for more, MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! don't just leave us hungry and hanging, champ!
hell, even cliff hangers get resolved sooner or later. is your lack of participation stemming from
fear? the fear that you might not be able to top that comedy lulu of a pic that you posted back
some time ago? if so, stop thinking that way immediately. let us be the judges. let us be the ocean.
YOUR ocean. jump in and tame the rapids, sheen. bathe in our cascading springs.
don't just roll your eyes and doggy paddle back to shore to bump crunk and drink zimas with your dogs/homies.

you started this, sheen.
you finish it. or keep it going at least.
Liingus
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 16

Post by Liingus »

I always respected a good belly flop
Judging the sound of the smack and the splash size
Carcharodon carcharias
π

vapid penumbra wrote:Blah Blah Yatta Yatta Yatta Blah Blah Burp Bleccch coughBlah Blah
I posted a pic way back when my son was born. I had stayed at the hospital over 2 nights. It is no use trying to converse with something that idolizes charlie manson. You are a waste of space just as he is. If you you want another one of me that bad then I will try to appease you one day soon. However, you must realize your unimportance. I care less about you than a turd squirted by a dog on the street.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:
Carcharodon carcharias
π

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=168220

RAINBOW: 'Long Live Rock 'N' Roll' Picture Disc To Be Made Available For 'Record Store Day' - Jan. 12, 2012
For this year's Record Store Day (April 21), Niji Entertainment Group, the record label Wendy Dio and her late husband Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) formed before his untimely passing, will release a deluxe picture disc of RAINBOW's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll". Each picture disc is numbered and only 2,500 were made. 250 units will be held back for fans that live outside the USA and will be made available via the Niji webstore.

About Record Store Day: Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance Of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition Of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.

Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Bassist Bob Daisley, who was a member of RAINBOW from 1977 to 1979, in August 2010 posted high-quality video footage of of RAINBOW performing the songs "Gates of Babylon", "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" and "L.A. Connection" at a New York studio prior to the release of the band's third studio album, 1978's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll'. You can watch the clips below.

Although Bob Daisley and David Stone are listed on the "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" credits for their contributions, they joined RAINBOW after the recording sessions had already commenced and only appear on a couple of tracks. Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore played most of the bass parts himself for the album.

"Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" was remastered on CD for the U.S. market in April 1999, with the European version following later. The U.S. version had a matte booklet/insert, which matched the original vinyl sleeve for all markets, whereas the European issue was the standard glossy type.

This was RAINBOW's last album to feature Ronnie James Dio on vocals. He left, later to join BLACK SABBATH, and was replaced by Graham Bonnet.

In June 2009 a CD-size book about the making of album was released in the series "Rock Landmarks" called "Long Live Rock N' Roll Story". It was written by RAINBOW and Blackmore expert Jerry Bloom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLN8lHBB ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biE0zdEK ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu8HiZep ... r_embedded
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Post by BABY SHAKER »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:I posted a pic way back when my son was born. I had stayed at the hospital over 2 nights.
like... poking it with a stick and feeding it magazines/chunks of furniture?
sounds more fun than leaving the hospital to me too, sheen.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

vapid penumbra wrote:
Carcharodon carcharias wrote:I posted a pic way back when my son was born. I had stayed at the hospital over 2 nights.
like... poking it with a stick and feeding it magazines/chunks of furniture?
sounds more fun than leaving the hospital to me too, sheen.

More like feeding you popcorn and peanuts at your house.

Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:Coming Soon......

Tomahawk are plotting a new release in time for this years “Record Store Day“. This years edition of the annual event is expected to take place on April 21st. A newly-made Facebook posting from Tomahawk reads:

“Look for something coming your way this Record Store Day 2012!”

http://www.theprp.com/2012/02/07/news/t ... y-release/
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://www.prex.com/record-store-day.html

Princeton Record Exchange and Record Store Day 2012

Click to Watch our Record Store Tour

Buy and Sell CDs, DVDs, LPs. Browse 140,000 new & used titles
We've participated in Record Store Day since it first began, and every year we've had a fantastic turnout. Last year, we even had bands come play at our storefront entirely of their own planning and volition! We can't wait to see what this year has in store for us, and we look forward to sharing the celebration with you. We'll be sure to update this page as the date draws nearer and we have more information.

Our First Update on Record Store Day 2012:

Record Store Day 2012 will be celebrated on April 21st by approximately 900 independently owned record stores/shops in the USA, Canada, France, Germany, Holland and the UK. Record Store Day will again feature many limited special editions, often numbered, from some of the most respected musicians of our time; an excuse to celebrate the specialness of music in our lives by putting out these unique releases. We look forward to Record Store Day 2012, and hope you will join the thousands of others coming from all around the East Coast to celebrate it with us.

For those of you who don't know, Record Store Day is a celebration of the unique culture surrounding over 700 independently owned record stores in the USA and hundreds more stores abroad (http://www.RecordStoreDay.com).

As one of the leading independent record stores in the country, Princeton Record Exchange is pleased to participate in this exciting event.

On this date, hundreds of limited edition titles, including many once in a lifetime box sets, are allotted only to independent record stores (no chain or "big box" locations).

The quantities of many of these pieces are extremely limited, so we're not making any promises about stock levels. We have ordered heavily on the titles we expect to be in high-demand, and our distributors do like us, so keep your fingers crossed.

We will be listing the exclusive titles when they become available. We will also list what makes these Record Store Day releases special and the quantities available in the US. Last year, Record Store Day celebrated Black Friday 2011 and released the following exclusive titles.

Hope you get a chance to visit us on this very special day!
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/02/d ... on-boxset/

To celebrate this year’s Record Store Day, which falls on Saturday, April 21st, the David Lynch Foundation has put together a special limited edition box set, which compiles performances from 34 artists that span a number of genres, from latin to pop to electronic to hip-hop to even classical.

Originally released digitally on iTunes last year, the new set has been remastered for vinyl and also boasts a previously unreleased bonus track from Sean Lennon’s Ghost of the Saber Tooth Tiger project (“Formica”) in addition to a digital download of an exclusive new release by Julio Iglesias Jr.. Other artists featured include Peter Gabriel, Donovan, Tom Waits, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Iggy Pop, Ben Folds, Alanis Morissette, and much more. See the full tracklist below for a complete roster of artists.

Outside of music, the set will also include a new documentary titled Meditation, Creativity, Peace, which showcases Lynch’s 2007-2008 16-country worldwide tour in which he spoke to government leaders, film students, and the press. Furthermore, the whole thing will be topped off with a 42-page book, featuring an introduction by Lynch and artwork by Romio Shrestha and Davel Hamue.

Keep in mind that this collection is limited to 2,500 units and only available to select stores participating in Record Store Day. Good luck.

Music That Changes the World Tracklist:
Vol 1.0 A.
01. Peter Gabriel – Curtains
02. Ozomatli – Monster
03. Arrested Development – Let It Go
04. Slightly Stoopid w. Don Carlos – Wiseman, Live @ Black Water
B.
01. Iggy Pop – Milk Cow Blues
02. Phil Soussan – Shot In The Dark
03. Rodrigo y Gabriela – Satori, live
04. Band From TV – I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel To Be Free

Vol 1.2 A.
01. Moby – The Poison Tree
02. Ben Lee – Food For The Moon
03. Alanis Morissette – 20/20
04. Heather Nova – Doubled Up
B.
01. Amanda Palmer – In My Mind
02. Nancy Sinatra – End of the World
03. Tom Waits – Briar and The Rose
04. Au Revoir Simone – Boys Of Summer
05. Special Beat w. Pauline Black – Night Club

Vol 1.3 A.
01. Maroon 5 – The Air I Breathe
02. Pink Jaffee featuring Jakob Dylan w. Daryl Hannah – Wont You Stay
03. Emin – All I Need Tonight
04. The Waterboys – In The Beginning Was Love
05. Carmen Rizzo w. Grant-Lee Phillips – Bring the Mountain Down
B.
01. The Charlatans – The Only One I Know (RMX_with Factory Floor)
02. Andy Summers featuring Geeta Novotny – Ave Maria
03. The Ghost of a Saber Tooth Tiger – Formica

Vol. 1.4 A.
01. Dave Stewart – Man To Man
02. Ben Folds – Wild Mountain Thyme
03. Donovan – Listen
04. Mary Hopkin – Gold and Silver
05. Peter & Gordon – True Love Ways
B.
01. Patricia Kaas Remix by Jourdan Bordes
02. Neon Trees – Animal, djs From Mars Remix
03. Salman Ahmad w. Valerie Geffner – Nachoon Gi.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:The Ambassador

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OesuyhaCSeQ

Iggy Pop has been named ambassador of Record Store Day 2012.
Set to take place on April 21, Record Store Day sees exclusive releases and special shows to celebrate independent record shops. The Stooges main man has said of his new role: "As Record Store Day Ambassador for 2012 I feel like a representative from some exotic jungle full of life and death and sex and anger, called upon to wear a leopard skin and translate joy to the world of the dead."
He added: "A person should have a personality. You won't get one dicking around on a computer. It helps to go somewhere where there are other persons. Persons who are interested in something you are. That's how a record store or any shop that's got some life to it should work. It's not about selling shit."
He continued: "I got my name, my musical education and my personality all from working at a record store during my tender years. Small indie shops have always been a mix of theatre and laboratory. In the 50s and 60s the teen kids used to gather after school at these places to listen free to the latest singles and see if they liked the beat."
"You could buy the disc you liked for 79 cents and if you were lucky meet a chick. Clerks in these places became managers, (like Brian Epstein), label heads, (Jac Holzman) and Faces on album covers (like me)."
For more information on Record Store Day, visit recordstoreday.com.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/no ... -store-day

Metals on metal … Feist meets Mastodon. Photograph: David Levene for the Guardian/PR
Feist will collaborate with Mastodon on a limited-edition 7in single due next year. The Canadian singer was introduced to the metal band on Later … with Jools Holland and thought "these two worlds [should] collide".

"We're going to do everything we can to work with Feist and have a split 7in to support independent record stores," Mastodon's Troy Sanders told MTV Canada . The next international Record Store Day will take place on 21 April 2012. "The idea is for Mastodon to cover a Feist song and throw some hair and dirt on it. [Then Feist will] take a Mastodon song and pretty it up a little bit."

The two acts got the idea in late October, when Feist played tunes from her new album Metals and Mastodon performed songs on the BBC show. Feist told HitFix: "[Mastodon frontman] Brent [Hinds] and I were nodding at each other, and he's like, 'Nice riff,' and I'm like 'Nice tone,'" she said. "So backstage I'm thinking about letting these two worlds collide, how they should collide, so I'm like, 'How about Metals meeting metal?' Brent was like: 'Well, I do like that Bad in Each Other song, I could see that.' Maybe now I will look into learning to cover Oblivion, or anything off [The Hunter]. That album's amazing."

Sanders said there is only "a short window" to do these recordings – "December". But a month seems more than enough time for Feist to coo her way through Stargasm or Blasteroid, and Mastodon could probably transform 1 2 3 4 into a single sinister riff.
Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://abbaofficial.wordpress.com/

Our new web site for the fan club will be on line very soon, stay tuned for more details.

The old site is no longer available. But all the old features will be back better than ever!

ABBA To Release A Limited Edition 12-inch Single For Record Store Day
Universal/Polar will release a limited edition 12-inch vinyl single for Record Store Day on Saturday, April 21.

Side A features Voulez-Vous (Extended Dance Remix), originally released as a promo-only single in the United States and France. This marks the first commercial vinyl release of this remix. On side B is the equally danceable If It Wasn’t For The Nights, originally released on the Voulez-Vous album.

Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=168220

RAINBOW: 'Long Live Rock 'N' Roll' Picture Disc To Be Made Available For 'Record Store Day' - Jan. 12, 2012
For this year's Record Store Day (April 21), Niji Entertainment Group, the record label Wendy Dio and her late husband Ronnie James Dio (DIO, BLACK SABBATH, HEAVEN & HELL, RAINBOW, ELF) formed before his untimely passing, will release a deluxe picture disc of RAINBOW's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll". Each picture disc is numbered and only 2,500 were made. 250 units will be held back for fans that live outside the USA and will be made available via the Niji webstore.

About Record Store Day: Record Store Day is managed by the Music Monitor Network and is organized in partnership with the Alliance Of Independent Media Stores (AIMS), the Coalition Of Independent Music Stores (CIMS) and celebrates the culture of independent record stores by playing host to in-store events/performances, signings and special product releases on a global scale.

Record Store Day takes place annually on the third Saturday of April.

Bassist Bob Daisley, who was a member of RAINBOW from 1977 to 1979, in August 2010 posted high-quality video footage of of RAINBOW performing the songs "Gates of Babylon", "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" and "L.A. Connection" at a New York studio prior to the release of the band's third studio album, 1978's "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll'. You can watch the clips below.

Although Bob Daisley and David Stone are listed on the "Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" credits for their contributions, they joined RAINBOW after the recording sessions had already commenced and only appear on a couple of tracks. Guitarist Ritchie Blackmore played most of the bass parts himself for the album.

"Long Live Rock 'N' Roll" was remastered on CD for the U.S. market in April 1999, with the European version following later. The U.S. version had a matte booklet/insert, which matched the original vinyl sleeve for all markets, whereas the European issue was the standard glossy type.

This was RAINBOW's last album to feature Ronnie James Dio on vocals. He left, later to join BLACK SABBATH, and was replaced by Graham Bonnet.

In June 2009 a CD-size book about the making of album was released in the series "Rock Landmarks" called "Long Live Rock N' Roll Story". It was written by RAINBOW and Blackmore expert Jerry Bloom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLN8lHBB ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biE0zdEK ... r_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu8HiZep ... r_embedded
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:Image
Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator

Post by SHARPPIE »

Carcharodon carcharias
π

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:Coming Soon......

Tomahawk are plotting a new release in time for this years “Record Store Day“. This years edition of the annual event is expected to take place on April 21st. A newly-made Facebook posting from Tomahawk reads:

“Look for something coming your way this Record Store Day 2012!”

http://www.theprp.com/2012/02/07/news/t ... y-release/