Gwar

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Gwar

Post by Grotocult »

I'd never bothered to listen to them. The other day I listened to This Toilet Earth...
Not bad. Kind of reminded me of Patton on KFAD: I guess he's influenced by them or something. I swear one song was kind of the same as Cuckoo for Caca.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Re: Gwar

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

gotta see em live if you can , super ridiculous fun .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Post by BABY SHAKER »

:nod: yeah, I see what you are saying, grotucelugar.
hey, do you (guys) remember when howard stern and crew were busting bands/singers
for ripping things off and revealing who/what they ripped off? that was great fun.
would anyone be interested in (no, not telling me that everyone steals and/or nothing is original)
turning this thread into one of those unveiling type of discussion? if so, I've got this accusation
that I would like to aim directly at the black keys. I am certain that I am correct on this one and I
have yet to hear anyone bring it up. I discovered it a while back mysteriously enough as I was
playing it upon my guitar and I have been waiting for the ideal time to insert my discovery into
a fitting conversation among friends, foes, retards, and noblemen alike.

well?
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries
Missin' Jimmy level: 5

Post by notHuman »

let's hear it ya bohab
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

i found one of those as well . i confronted the artist about it , jokingly and watched em squirm for a second and then change the subject pretty quick .

i realized patton did this as well , when we were front row for t-hawk i screamed the name of the original tune while he was doing his version and he nodded 3 times and smiled .
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!
Favorite Music: JOn LemonS
Favorite Books: that book
Favorite Films: snuff flick staring your mom
Location: assgrabber party supply store annex superstore bathroom stall

Post by clitty litter »

Now it becomes time to mention one of the biggest and most influential pioneers of bringing theatrics to the rock stage -
Peter Gabriel

I'm sure any of you with more than 43 remaining brain cells would agree

--------------------------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaSkRbbBBUg

:dead: :lol:
Do you ever try to pee the dookie off the inside of the toilet bowl?
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

Gimme steam
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Post by BABY SHAKER »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:i realized patton did this as well , when we were front row for t-hawk i screamed the name of the original tune while he was doing his version and he nodded 3 times and smiled .
feel free to reveal. here and now. in this thread.

Yucky Buckets wrote:Now it becomes time to mention one of the biggest and most influential pioneers of bringing theatrics to the rock stage -
Peter Gabriel
what did peter lift?

GOOFY SENTENCE ON BOARD! :lol:
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

ok compare just the vox "run" in this @ 1:01

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QghwNqlCRE

to this @ 1:24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrnOM9NIDrw

we (shrimpy and i) were front row center , november 24th , 2001 at the Tomahawk show @ the metro chicago . shrimps birthday , (she was little) , she had this super gaudy large white formal hat on (with gold trim) . mike sang the first 2 songs staring right into her eyes , he never looked at the croud . most of the rest of the show , same thing .

birdsong was the opener , i screamed "nilsson , jump into the fire" as loud and clear as i could , immediately after he sang that decrescendo . he looked right at me , pursed his lips and did a very distinct "yep" head nod , 3x .

shrimp had made a card for him that said something about how "i HATE back street boys and britney spears , but i love faith no more , mr. bungle , fantomas and tomahawk" . in crayon . i gave that to a roadie who gave it to the road manager so we got to meet him . the pic , unfortunately did not turn out . mike was really nice about it . i told him a lil about our band he didnt blink an eye , said something like "we'll yeah , its like they say , you gotta start em when they're young " and wished us luck .

it made quite an impression on shrimp , she was pretty miffed the pic didnt turn out , i explained to her that it didnt matter , she said it would be nice to have as proof for her class mates . my retort was that non of them would even have a clue / care ! the show was excellent , nothing like being front row for the geek tour for your first "real" concert .

she bought her first set of tix and went to her first show on her own yesterday , riot fest , i guess she really digs Weezer . they left really early , got front row , almost center . i was really proud that she did that . she got a pic with that white mystery girl , i guess they really enjoyed that set . urge overkill got booed , kids .... now i know what you are thinking , weezer ? , just think about it for a second , poor kid was raised on a lot of wierd shit ,its not surprising she gravitated towards a normal sounding band . her lil sister teases her about it all the time . Deet has been spending the last year in pepperland , so ... she curently owns 19 beatles T's .
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

speaking of Peter , i met Tony Levin the other day .

he has what i would have to say , one of the finest websites . he photo-documents his touring , often from the stage , has a healthy sense of humor . what a career this guy has had !

http://www.papabear.com/
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!

Post by clitty litter »

yeah, correct me if i'm wrong Petey, Tony Levin has played on every Peter Gabriel solo albums, making Tony his favorite bassist. Funk Fingers all up in this. Tony Levin for president. I've had the pleasure of seeing him only once with King Crimson on the Power to Believe tour. Didn't take much for me to believe, and you can take THAT to bank and smoke it in your cornpipe. Damn that last sentence was corny.
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Grotocult »

I think I liked you better when you were black
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!

Post by clitty litter »

You want Darkus back huh? Or perhaps you'd like me to me Morris Blackman or Leroi B. Jenkins. This dude's stuck in the past. ur about as 2-dimensional as a lone period on a piece of white 8 1/2 X 11 paper. Pull up your socks boi and keep that wallet hidden in the depths of non-existance.
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

grotucelugar wrote:I'd never bothered to listen to them. The other day I listened to This Toilet Earth...
Not bad. Kind of reminded me of Patton on KFAD: I guess he's influenced by them or something. I swear one song was kind of the same as Cuckoo for Caca.
I bought This Toilet Earth in New Brunswick on a family vacation whatever year it came out... I had neither heard nor heard of GWAR before that.

I grew to love them but surprisingly I don't remember much of that album at all. I can't wait to hear it now and try to find similarities.

Imagine my shock as a little boy looking at the liner notes for that cd in the backseat of the car on family vacation.
Crack Hitler
opulent otter
Favorite Music: FAITH NO MORE
Favorite Books: PENTHOUSE, HUSTLER ETC....
Favorite Films: Gang bang Whores 5, American Bukkake 10 etc....
Favorite TV: Adult on demand

Post by Crack Hitler »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:ok compare just the vox "run" in this @ 1:01

we (shrimpy and i) were front row center , november 24th , 2001 at the Tomahawk show @ the metro chicago . shrimps birthday , (she was little) , she had this super gaudy large white formal hat on (with gold trim) . mike sang the first 2 songs staring right into her eyes , he never looked at the croud . most of the rest of the show , same thing .

birdsong was the opener , i screamed "nilsson , jump into the fire" as loud and clear as i could , immediately after he sang that decrescendo . he looked right at me , pursed his lips and did a very distinct "yep" head nod , 3x .

shrimp had made a card for him that said something about how "i HATE back street boys and britney spears , but i love faith no more , mr. bungle , fantomas and tomahawk" . in crayon . i gave that to a roadie who gave it to the road manager so we got to meet him . the pic , unfortunately did not turn out . mike was really nice about it . i told him a lil about our band he didnt blink an eye , said something like "we'll yeah , its like they say , you gotta start em when they're young " and wished us luck .

it made quite an impression on shrimp , she was pretty miffed the pic didnt turn out , i explained to her that it didnt matter , she said it would be nice to have as proof for her class mates . my retort was that non of them would even have a clue / care ! the show was excellent , nothing like being front row for the geek tour for your first "real" concert .

she bought her first set of tix and went to her first show on her own yesterday , riot fest , i guess she really digs Weezer . they left really early , got front row , almost center . i was really proud that she did that . she got a pic with that white mystery girl , i guess they really enjoyed that set . urge overkill got booed , kids .... now i know what you are thinking , weezer ? , just think about it for a second , poor kid was raised on a lot of wierd shit ,its not surprising she gravitated towards a normal sounding band . her lil sister teases her about it all the time . Deet has been spending the last year in pepperland , so ... she curently owns 19 beatles T's .

Listened to both...personally I think it is a complete stretch and Mike acknowledged you for interrupting the song as if to say ya I heard ya now shut up, my show not yours. But then again I was not there to interpret the happening. At any rate you got to meet a living legend. I have had the pleasure of meeting him twice really nice guy! Take care General!
Crack Hitler
opulent otter

Post by Crack Hitler »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:ok compare just the vox "run" in this @ 1:01

Listened to both...personally I think it is a complete stretch and Mike acknowledged you for interrupting the song as if to say ya I heard ya now shut up, my show not yours. But then again I was not there to interpret the happening. At any rate you got to meet a living legend. I have had the pleasure of meeting him twice. Really nice guy! Take care General!
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Post by BABY SHAKER »

crack hitler,

A legend (Latin, legenda, "things to be read") is a narrative of human actions that are perceived both by
teller and listeners to take place within human history and to possess certain qualities that give the tale verisimilitude.

ok, there is no arguing the fact that he is indeed living/true/real... but I am interested in
what components make up YOUR definition of living legend. what are the underlined/highlighted
and underlying qualifications achieved by this man earning him the title that you have placed
upon him? I realize you are "not the only one", but I like to think that you are the only one that
I am interacting with right now. will the future bring a gaggle to support you and your theory?
possibly. am I ok with that? yes, in fact... I encourage it. do I hate when people ask questions
and commence to answer those questions themselves without giving others a chance? I do not have an
answer for that one just yet as I have just started envisioning nothuman as a child. :eek:
talk about the ugly train pulling into the station. good gravy! :lol:
Crack Hitler
opulent otter

Post by Crack Hitler »

sockhop gruel wrote:crack hitler,

A legend (Latin, legenda, "things to be read") is a narrative of human actions that are perceived both by
teller and listeners to take place within human history and to possess certain qualities that give the tale verisimilitude.

ok, there is no arguing the fact that he is indeed living/true/real... but I am interested in
what components make up YOUR definition of living legend. what are the underlined/highlighted
and underlying qualifications achieved by this man earning him the title that you have placed
upon him? I realize you are "not the only one", but I like to think that you are the only one that
I am interacting with right now. will the future bring a gaggle to support you and your theory?
possibly. am I ok with that? yes, in fact... I encourage it. do I hate when people ask questions
and commence to answer those questions themselves without giving others a chance? I do not have an
answer for that one just yet as I have just started envisioning nothuman as a child. :eek:

WOW! CASE AND POINT! NOW DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO THE SWAP MEET.
MONDO PAIN
opulent otter
Favorite Music: MIKE PATTON
Favorite Films: Firecracker

Post by MONDO PAIN »

sockhop gruel wrote:crack hitler,
what are the underlined/highlighted and underlying qualifications achieved by this man earning him the title that you have placed upon him?
He has created countless amazing albums, DERP. Case closed.

You fucking inept, autistic moron.
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!

Post by BABY SHAKER »

MONDO PAIN wrote:He has created countless amazing albums, DERP. Case closed.
I will turn a blind eye toward your inability to count efficiently in eager attempts of addressing your definition of "amazing".
please list the "amazing" albums that were created solely by your living legend so they I may commence to place judgement
and point out human error.
SHARPPIE
projectile menstruator
Missin' Jimmy level: 86138

Post by SHARPPIE »

Eviltoastman is my best friend.
"I found my match at BungleMingle.com"

https://dropsmerch.com/
notHuman
i <3 goatovaries

Post by notHuman »

vapid penumbra wrote:crack hitler,

Hey, I said imagine my shock... not picture me as a young child and rate my looks at that age.
VapoSlob
deputy wert
Favorite Music: http://www.tangento.net
Favorite Books: King, Vonnegut, Hartmann, Inside Vegas
Favorite Films: Scorsese, Kubrick, Lynch, Bad Santa
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Tangento

Post by VapoSlob »

Ragnarok and Scumdogs both have strong bits, though the rest of the discs can get a bit samey. A person must see this band at least once. Parking across the border, sneaking South & seeing GWAR live in Tijuana was one of the true highlights of a long & drunken concert-going career. I even saw Sleazy P. take his hair off backstage, and was weirdly endowed with a sudden, magical ability to speak fluent Spanish to the bartender. :eyes:
---------------------------

I just want you to know that I am employing untold levels...

...of restraint and self-discipline right now.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

saw the scumdogs tour on halloween in chicago .

i had an idea it was going to be special , an inkling , if you will . the show was THE most over the top ridiculously awesome thing ever . imo gwar = live band , meaning the albums are good , the shows are great . curious if they still do it as crazy as that show was though , i'd be surpised .
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!

Post by clitty litter »

i feel the same way about Ween.

i hate most of their albums, yet i'll go see them live anytime.