New Ween! (kinda)

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

New Ween! (kinda)

Post by joey5001 »

http://www.browntracker.net/details.php?id=1811
Deaner posted these on facebook on August 11, 2011. He had the files on chocodog but it got bombarded, so he fb messaged me and asked me to call him. I told him about megaupload (and he agreed that it is much faster and better than yousendit) and he told me to "do the dirty work" and post it in the right places. I also asked him when exactly these were recorded. And he told me. We also talked about Bootsy Collins and my blog, which you should be checking out if you like funk music: http://funkit.virose.net/?p=914

Special thanks to Deaner for being cool as shit and giving his fans special treats like this. We are truly spoiled.

- RandyB

Ween
Summer 2001 to Spring 2003
"Caesar Demos"

Disc One:
01. Chocolate Town
02. Pot Luck
03. Ooh Vah Lah
04. So Many People In The Neighborhood
05. Linda (The Sexy Dancer)
06. That Man (From The Flatland)
07. Happy Colored Marbles
08. Hey There Fancypants
09. If You Could Save Yourself (You'd Save Us All)
10. It's Gonna Be A Long Night
11. Oh My Little Country Cottage
12. Among His Tribe
13. Transdermal Celebration
14. Captain
15. Tried & True
16. I Fell In Love Today

Disc Two:
01. I Don't Want It
02 Ambrosia Parsley
03. Zoloft
04. Love Come Down (recorded on 9-11-01)
05. Alcan Road
06. Don't Let The Moon Catch You Cryin'
07. You Can Go Shit In Your Hat (Matt)
08. Someday
09. She Caught My Fancy
10. Eulogy For David Anderson
11. Things You Already Know
12. Hello Johnny
13. I'm Wide Open

Notes from Deaner:
ween-caesar (we were calling this record that until the last moment when we decided to change the title to "quebec")

well what can i say about this here, lemme see. the first thing that comes to mind is that all the while we were doing this we still had claude coleman on drums, he eventually got into a major car wreck and wasn't around when it finally came time to make the "real" record. instead the drum duties fell on me, josh freese, and sim cain for a couple of tunes. almost all of this was recorded at our beach house in holgate, nj onto 16 track tape. a tiny bit of it was recorded in the garage behind aaron's house in pt. pleasant, pa. some of it was recorded in the spare bedroom of my house in new hope. most of the tunes are just me and aaron, with the two of us playing everything, with me on drums. the songs with claude, dave, and glenn are pretty obvious. on just a few tunes we took what you hear here and cleaned them up and had andrew weiss mix them for the record after some overdubs. dave sings on "it's gonna be a long night", this was days before he had surgery to remove polyps in his throat and his voice was really rough so we figured he was the guy for the job. This isn't even all of the tunes that we ended up choosing from, just the ones i happened to burn to cd before we drove home from the beach every week. hope you dig it for what it is.

-mickey (August 11, 2011)
:D
Nearl: Where's Babar?
X-tacle: He's in the shower.
Nearl: No he's not! Elephants take showers with their noses!
MONDO PAIN
opulent otter
Favorite Music: MIKE PATTON
Favorite Films: Firecracker
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Re: New Ween! (kinda)

Post by MONDO PAIN »

Awesome, thanks.

Around 13 of those songs are unreleased, I'll put them in a playlist and pretend it's a new album.
Hank
cute as a crackbaby
Favorite Music: METAL
Favorite Books: LOVECRAFT
Favorite Films: HORROR
Favorite TV: SEX AND THE CITY
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Hank »

Thxxxxxx
Tits of War!
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

The different version of Ooh Vah Lah is great!
Nearl: Where's Babar?
X-tacle: He's in the shower.
Nearl: No he's not! Elephants take showers with their noses!