Tomahawk new album in the works

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
User avatar
MONDO PAIN
opulent otter
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 02:03
Favorite Music: MIKE PATTON
Favorite Films: Firecracker
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Mr. Bungle's California

Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by MONDO PAIN »

http://zemaraim.blogspot.com/2011/05/to ... es-de.html

Roughly translated from Google. From John Stanier...
I'm getting ready to join Duane Denison [Tomahawk], with a recording contract before the summer.

The new album returns to the style of the first two Tomahawk

There will be a tour, but not necessarily very long
GOD PATTON has a lot planned for us, it's been a quiet couple years studio album wise, my body is ready.
Image

User avatar
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7035
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 18:34

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by BABY SHAKER »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7035
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 18:34

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by BABY SHAKER »

yeah, I probably shouldn't have conducted myself in such a fashion.
what I was attempting to imply is that I was laughing and rolling my eyes.


cubed.

User avatar
Nicholas Bradford
opulent otter
Posts: 318
Joined: 10 May 2004, 12:55

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Nicholas Bradford »

trevor
It usually takes years of practice, but some guys receive an arm up to the elbow and others can take two hands.

User avatar
hbkhhh45
opulent otter
Posts: 391
Joined: 09 May 2004, 23:28
Missin' Jimmy level: 19

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by hbkhhh45 »

This better not delay new fantomas. And they better play cul de sac live
napkins

User avatar
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7035
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 18:34

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by BABY SHAKER »

Nicholas Bradford wrote:trevor
now nicholas... was this a request?
was this a prediction? a foreshadowing?
a 4th grade technique at being heard (you know just yelling names out at random)?


loretta
donald
dr vestington
carl brooner
tanya
flip wilson
toni malone
ro ro
murphy
danny louisse


OR... ? :?

User avatar
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby
Posts: 11527
Joined: 11 Feb 2004, 19:15
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: I live in Canada now.
Contact:

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Grotocult »

Fieldy
Sam Rivers
Tony Campos
Bill Gould
Henry Bogdan

Tomahawk need a bassist to counteract Jon Stanier's unexplainable weakness in this band.

User avatar
MONDO PAIN
opulent otter
Posts: 367
Joined: 21 Jun 2009, 02:03
Favorite Music: MIKE PATTON
Favorite Films: Firecracker
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Mr. Bungle's California

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by MONDO PAIN »

hbkhhh45 wrote:This better not delay new fantomas
I only want a new Fantomas if it's a new direction.

Not thirty 30-second tracks again. Those albums are cool for what they are but no more. That all-star lineup should just put together a fucking amazing album with fully-fleshed out songs. The Director's Cut but with original material.
Image

User avatar
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7035
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 18:34

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by BABY SHAKER »

MONDO PAIN wrote:The Director's Cut but with original material.



Image

User avatar
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Posts: 2777
Joined: 13 May 2010, 16:49
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Hunting You

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

cribdeath mountain wrote:
MONDO PAIN wrote:The Director's Cut but with original material.



Image

I believe he meant an album of music structured in standard length of ideas with vocals in verses incorporating grooves, melodies, vocals, licks, splits, chops, solos, etc. based on original writing and motifs closely resembling the one lp Fantomas has in it's repertoire.

I know by now that you are just a dumbass that has to has it's 2 cent thrown in the ante, but believe me, you should not squander your rare earnings with such bleak perception. I hope that kid in the picture was slapped so hard you felt it. You sure deserve it.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:

User avatar
W Axl Rose
your rank here
Posts: 979
Joined: 17 Aug 2004, 00:10

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by W Axl Rose »

Patton has been a lazy bum last few years. I want Fantomas, Tomahawk, Lovage, and Faith No More albums. Perhaps a Fantomas Xmas album

Also, Today I saw an old black man around 70 years old walking in manhattan wearing a Korn Greatest Hits Tour 2004 T-shirt.
Hello, Mr. Burns...This Is your Mother

User avatar
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Posts: 2777
Joined: 13 May 2010, 16:49
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Hunting You

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

W Axl Rose wrote:Patton has been a lazy bum last few years. I want Fantomas, Tomahawk, Lovage, and Faith No More albums. Perhaps a Fantomas Xmas album

Also, Today I saw an old black man around 70 years old walking in manhattan wearing a Korn Greatest Hits Tour 2004 T-shirt.
Dude, he joined the FNM reunion for 2 years. seeing them live a couple of times was worth it to me. Just bring on the new Tomahawk. I loved Anonymous and wish that they had toured that, but a Mit Gas follow up or another concept like the first will be great news for 2011.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:

User avatar
hbkhhh45
opulent otter
Posts: 391
Joined: 09 May 2004, 23:28
Missin' Jimmy level: 19

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by hbkhhh45 »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:
cribdeath mountain wrote:
MONDO PAIN wrote:The Director's Cut but with original material.



Image

I believe he meant an album of music structured in standard length of ideas with vocals in verses incorporating grooves, melodies, vocals, licks, splits, chops, solos, etc. based on original writing and motifs closely resembling the one lp Fantomas has in it's repertoire.

I know by now that you are just a dumbass that has to has it's 2 cent thrown in the ante, but believe me, you should not squander your rare earnings with such bleak perception. I hope that kid in the picture was slapped so hard you felt it. You sure deserve it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
You mean you don't enjoy his self aware pseudo intellectual bullshit? But its like so ironic and smart.
napkins

User avatar
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7035
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 18:34

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by BABY SHAKER »

Carcharodon carcharias wrote:I believe he meant an album of music structured in standard length of ideas with vocals in verses incorporating grooves, melodies, vocals, licks, splits, chops, solos, etc. based on original writing and motifs closely resembling the one lp Fantomas has in it's repertoire.

I know by now that you are just a dumbass that has to has it's 2 cent thrown in the ante, but believe me, you should not squander your rare earnings with such bleak perception. I hope that kid in the picture was slapped so hard you felt it. You sure deserve it.
Image

Image




hbkhhh45 wrote:
You mean you don't enjoy his self aware pseudo intellectual bullshit? But its like so ironic and smart.
is this anything like the time you said to mondo "ur an idiot and i hate u" or could this
be categorized under your recurring use of the words FAT ASS and FUGLY?

I must know where your intentions stand.

User avatar
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Posts: 2777
Joined: 13 May 2010, 16:49
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Hunting You

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

cribdeath mountain wrote:
Carcharodon carcharias wrote:I believe he meant an album of music structured in standard length of ideas with vocals in verses incorporating grooves, melodies, vocals, licks, splits, chops, solos, etc. based on original writing and motifs closely resembling the one lp Fantomas has in it's repertoire.

I know by now that you are just a dumbass that has to has it's 2 cent thrown in the ante, but believe me, you should not squander your rare earnings with such bleak perception. I hope that kid in the picture was slapped so hard you felt it. You sure deserve it.
Image

Image

Atta boy! :lol:


hbkhhh45 wrote:
You mean you don't enjoy his self aware pseudo intellectual bullshit? But its like so ironic and smart.
is this anything like the time you said to mondo "ur an idiot and i hate u" or could this
be categorized under your recurring use of the words FAT ASS and FUGLY?

I must know where your intentions stand.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:

User avatar
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7035
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 18:34

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by BABY SHAKER »

my gif made you LOL
and your expertise knack for quoting has caused me to do the same.

win - win!


cuddles?

User avatar
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Posts: 2777
Joined: 13 May 2010, 16:49
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Hunting You

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

cribdeath mountain wrote:my gif made you LOL
and your expertise knack for quoting has caused me to do the same.

win - win!


Yes, it made me laugh, at you, ya measly alk.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:

User avatar
BABY SHAKER
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7035
Joined: 22 Jan 2005, 18:34

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by BABY SHAKER »

you screwed up yet another quote.
that or you are into man on man surprise attack cuddling.



*crosses fingers/pretends to be sleeping*

User avatar
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Posts: 2777
Joined: 13 May 2010, 16:49
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Hunting You

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

cribdeath mountain wrote:you screwed up yet another quote.
that or you are into man on man surprise attack cuddling.



*crosses fingers/pretends to be sleeping*

I didn't screw up anything, ya measly alk. Your best bet it to use those fingers for something other than crossing.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:

User avatar
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7361
Joined: 20 May 2004, 15:58
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Contact:

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

tomahawk was really fun live , im curious if the folks that dont care for it ever went to a show .

new album would be great , shouldnt they get a bass player though ? what was the deal with kevin anyway . everytime i saw them he was sweating harder than the rest of the band combined , gyrating out of sequence with the music the entire time . heroin , booze , crack , all three ?
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.

User avatar
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Posts: 2777
Joined: 13 May 2010, 16:49
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Hunting You

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:tomahawk was really fun live , im curious if the folks that dont care for it ever went to a show .

new album would be great , shouldnt they get a bass player though ? what was the deal with kevin anyway . everytime i saw them he was sweating harder than the rest of the band combined , gyrating out of sequence with the music the entire time . heroin , booze , crack , all three ?

He could not play the turtle shell rattle...especially on crack, so they canned him.

Image
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:

User avatar
W Axl Rose
your rank here
Posts: 979
Joined: 17 Aug 2004, 00:10

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by W Axl Rose »

Agreed saw Tomahawk 3 times for first 2 albums in nyc. Great times had at all shows.

Also Great memories from Fantomas' first live show at knitting Factory. My brother shit his pants during the set. It was stinky
Hello, Mr. Burns...This Is your Mother

User avatar
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Posts: 7361
Joined: 20 May 2004, 15:58
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Contact:

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

W Axl Rose wrote:Agreed saw Tomahawk 3 times for first 2 albums in nyc. Great times had at all shows.

Also Great memories from Fantomas' first live show at knitting Factory. My brother shit his pants during the set. It was stinky
i have always ejoyed your input here , after that last post i want to put it on record that i officially want to party with you and poopy pants sometime .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.

User avatar
Carcharodon carcharias
π
Posts: 2777
Joined: 13 May 2010, 16:49
Missin' Jimmy level: 0
Location: Hunting You

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Carcharodon carcharias »

General Tso s Chicken wrote:
W Axl Rose wrote:Agreed saw Tomahawk 3 times for first 2 albums in nyc. Great times had at all shows.

Also Great memories from Fantomas' first live show at knitting Factory. My brother shit his pants during the set. It was stinky
i have always ejoyed your input here , after that last post i want to put it on record that i officially want to party with you and poopy pants sometime .

I was at the Bowery Ballroom for both of those shows in '01. I wish I could have made it for the 3 night geek show in '03.
areolament booger wrote:I recall eating pickled pigs' feet as a child.
I especially loved they way they made my entire face, head, and neck pucker :mad:

User avatar
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby
Posts: 11944
Joined: 29 Sep 2003, 18:38
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Re: Tomahawk new album in the works

Post by Dress Barn »

First Tomahawk tour was one of my favorite Patton shows.

Especially when I heard the "Every Dreamhome A Heartache" by Roxy. "For Your Pleasure" was one of my favorite albums back then.

Post Reply