Pearl Jam - Backspacer

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Re: Pearl Jam - Backspacer

Post by Eviltoastman »

I hope Captain Pissgums keelhauls your fairy-ass.
Sharppie is my best friend.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Great album. Only got it today. One of their best.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Thanks.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I just picked up the UK vinyl version of this. The die cut sleeve from the cd is also on the vinyl, but it's a gatefold with a 12"x12" 24 booklet of artwork, lyrics and credits and to top it all off it's probably the best release of 2009, possibly one of the better releases that Pearl Jam have made.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

Pearl Jam Begin 20Th Anniversary With Release Of New Live Album

PEARL JAM, the acclaimed American rock band from Seattle, are celebrating their 20-year-history throughout 2011 with a number of exclusive releases and live shows. The anniversary gets underway today (18th January 2011) as 'Live on Ten Legs', a live album recorded on tour between 2003 and 2010, hits shelves.

The band recently released further details of what fans can look forward to in 2011. Speaking on their website, the group confirmed that their classic 1993 and 1994 albums 'Vs' and 'Vitalogy' will be reissued in new deluxe formats in the spring, and also that CAMERON CROWE's documentary film 'Pearl Jam Twenty' will be released with an accompanying book and soundtrack album. The band also hinted at a number of "unexpected releases" and "special events" including a 20th anniversary weekend bash sometime in the summer. The mini-festival will be curated, hosted, and headlined by PEARL JAM, however, a venue is still yet to be confirmed.

It has also been reported that the band's frontman EDDIE VEDDER will contribute music to the soundtrack of Crowe's much anticipated new movie 'We Bought A Zoo', starring MATT DAMON. Vedder released his first solo album in 2007 as the soundtrack to the movie 'Into The Wild'.
Mobiesque
confusitron
Missin' Jimmy level: 666

Post by Mobiesque »

Don't they already have like 170 live albums?
'the fuck did I do?
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Thew live on ten legs box is pretty nice. Might pick that up.

Pearl jam consistently put on the best live performances I've seen from a straight rock band and unlike the majority of live releases, their stuff works at home.

I put that Live in Atlanta posted above onto a cd for the car, my eldest son absolutely adores them now.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

PEARL JAM bassist Jeff Ament tells Billboard.com that the band has written 25 songs for a new album, to be recorded later this year. "April will be the time where we get together and learn to play all these demos and figure out which 12-15 of them float to the top," he said. According to Ament, the group has been focused on putting together reissues of its second and third albums, 1993's "Vs." and 1994's "Vitalogy", and working on a Cameron Crowde-directed documentary and book celebrating its 20th anniversary as a band.

PEARL JAM frontman Eddie Vedder is planning to release a solo album later this year. A new Vedder song called "Longing To Belong" popped up on a New York radio station on Monday (March 14) and it is reportedly from a new solo effort by Vedder, tentatively titled "Uke Songs", that may arrive in June. Vedder's previous solo album was not an official one, but the soundtrack to the 2007 movie "Into The Wild", for which he composed and performed nine new tracks.

Ament told The Pulse Of Radio that the way PEARL JAM has worked from the start leaves room for its members to do their own things as well. "I think the main thing is we wanted to be able to stretch out, and when I look at Ed and kind of what he's been able to do in terms of, like, you know, he's got his solo thing, and how he's pushed himself as a musician and creatively, you know, it makes me so proud of like, you know, how we were from the very beginning — how we wanted to be a band that could really dip our toes into a lot of different styles and dynamics," he said.

The first summer music festival ever put together by PEARL JAM itself will take place somewhere in the middle of the country this summer and feature a number of bands, along with PEARL JAM headlining both nights.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

"Pearl Jam Twenty", which chronicles the group's 20-year history, will make its world premiere at at the prestigious 2011 Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday, September 10. Following the premiere, the movie will begin screening in cities around the country for one night only on September 20, with weeklong runs in selected markets starting on Friday, September 23.

The film will have its television premiere on Friday, October 21 at 9:00 p.m. ET, as part of the PBS American Masters series.

It will also be available on demand with a DVD edition of the film to be released worldwide on October 25. A companion book, also called "Pearl Jam Twenty", will be published on September 13, while the soundtrack is due out on September 20.

PEARL JAM is currently at work on its tenth studio album.
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Grotocult »

Such a shame it wasn't Eddie Vedder to blow his brains out.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

when that story broke i told my brother , he goes "so they WERE good ! "

he had been on the fence about nirvana .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
PattonBordin
projectile menstruator

Post by PattonBordin »

TONIGHT!!! :biggrin:
mr. arcade
welcome back ricotta!

Post by mr. arcade »

nice documentary.