Tomahawk - Anonymous

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
drusophila melanogaster
welcome back ricotta!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by drusophila melanogaster »

i like how they try to pretend that they discovered american indian music
you guys should seriously check out some www.indianhouse.com releases if you like this
those guys don't need stupid effects and samples of CHINESE instruments to make it cooler
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!
Favorite Music: JOn LemonS
Favorite Books: that book
Favorite Films: snuff flick staring your mom
Location: assgrabber party supply store annex superstore bathroom stall

Post by clitty litter »

go home and bang your tabla hammer against your skull until you faint dude
Do you ever try to pee the dookie off the inside of the toilet bowl?
Love Removal Masheen
π

Post by Love Removal Masheen »

or don't";p="888755 wrote:if you think tomahawk sounds like fnm, then you are tone deaf and lack pattern recognition
the only similarity is they have drums, guitar, bass and mike patton on vocals
they sound more like a crap countrified jesus lizard cover band
Hey stupid .... yes you... I said they sound more like FNM than anything else he's done. I never said they sounded like them...what an idiot...You probably liken Peeping Tom to FNM...Your favorite FNM songs are probably:

We Care alot
Epic and
Easy
The Painted Porch Said: "ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ"
Hank
cute as a crackbaby
Favorite Music: METAL
Favorite Books: LOVECRAFT
Favorite Films: HORROR
Favorite TV: SEX AND THE CITY

Post by Hank »

If had had never heard of Tomahawk and someone played it for me and said it was Faith No More, I would probably totally believe them.

This especially applies to Mit Gas, but not to the new one.
Tits of War!
soenup
canadian synthesizer

Post by soenup »

its a grower
pitchfork...........................pitchfork
crowbar............................crowbar
clawhammer.....................clawhammer
hot tar..............................hot tar
Love Removal Masheen
π

HankMcCain";p="888834 wrote:If had had never heard of Tomahawk and someone played it for me and said it was Faith No More, I would probably totally believe them.

This especially applies to Mit Gas, but not to the new one.

:D
Peeping Tom
poofy

Post by Peeping Tom »

im diggin the new album much more than i did Mit Gas, the first albums still the best but there are some really interesting songs on the new album. Even some lil ambient trip hop type beats.
Gimme too scoops of sugar and the world is just fine.
Ju Fuck With Me, Ju Fuckin With The Best
triple axel rose
waves from boats

Post by triple axel rose »

this new tomahawk is great...its exciting and i wish/hope they tour someday on it...in fact i would like to see them expand on this album and add some more percussion, more vocalists to back patton up...maybe kevin costner to do a dances with wolves dance.....ok maybe not that last part...
but the album itself is awesome and stands on its own regardless of the other two (which i also enjoy...but this feels more like tomahawk and less like a countrified jesus lizard/fnm)
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

I'll be totally honest. I think this is one of Patton's best in a long long while. I mean....Jesus FUCK it's just so GOOD! The first 3 tracks, I found a bit dull but goddamn did it really start to kick in and then kick my ass. I wouldn't mind if 'Hawk went ahead and just kept this native american style, I'm fuckin' diggin'it. Although this new cd may be bad for my health (causes me to smoke more). It's really hard to compare it to the frist two because it is just so different.

Firs album, very solid effort with a nice handful of great tracks along with another handful of mediocre tracks.

Second.....2 great songs, Bird and Rape. The rest, some are ok and some are not all that great. Not a very good effort IMO.

This one? DAMN, i think it's by far their BEST. I fucking love it love it love it. It's got me movin'.
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!

Post by clitty litter »

no Wendal your father molesting you when you was a lil kid is why you smoke so much dont blame it on music mane
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

Darkus Mackma";p="888997 wrote:no Wendal your father molesting you when you was a lil kid is why you smoke so much dont blame it on music mane

Go smoke yourself a nice fat cock. Puff puff.
clitty litter
bigger softer russier!

Post by clitty litter »

its cool man there is peepole out there who can help you Smiff & Wesson can help you with your felonious father
Love Removal Masheen
π

Wendal";p="889019 wrote:
Darkus Mackma";p="888997 wrote:no Wendal your father molesting you when you was a lil kid is why you smoke so much dont blame it on music mane

Go smoke yourself a nice fat cock. Puff puff.
You simulate that like a PRO there Wendi...Do your friends call you Wendi?
Cottage Wonder
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Cottage Wonder »

Love Removal Masheen";p="888627 wrote:Artwork is pretty cool. holographic birds all over the place, crows and such...could be a bunch of vultures in the sky on the disc...probably... background of the southwest desert and mountains....fits the album although they should have thrown in some totem poles and lyrics

Great album love them all...err...keep making more...uhmmm...tour...tour...tour
what in the heck do you need the lyrics for?

huh ee a heyyy hey ha hee a hee hee ow hee heye
PBCRNK
banned
Missin' Jimmy level: 7

Post by PBCRNK »

still??
Love Removal Masheen
π

Cottage Wonder";p="889083 wrote:
Love Removal Masheen";p="888627 wrote:Artwork is pretty cool. holographic birds all over the place, crows and such...could be a bunch of vultures in the sky on the disc...probably... background of the southwest desert and mountains....fits the album although they should have thrown in some totem poles and lyrics

Great album love them all...err...keep making more...uhmmm...tour...tour...tour
what in the heck do you need the lyrics for?

huh ee a heyyy hey ha hee a hee hee ow hee heye
kind of a joke for the non-mentally retarded here.....guess it was too much for ya :lol:
Hank
cute as a crackbaby
Favorite Music: METAL
Favorite Books: LOVECRAFT
Favorite Films: HORROR
Favorite TV: SEX AND THE CITY

Post by Hank »

Cottage retains his title:

Dumbest Canuck on the Intardnet
Tits of War!
dorka
opulent otter

Post by dorka »

It sounds ok. Though now I maybe understand why people think Tomahawk sucks. Or maybe not.
Maetsukker
poofy
Missin' Jimmy level: 3
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Bashiechan
Instagram: http://litanycrash.livejournal.com

Post by Maetsukker »

Wendal";p="888968 wrote:I'll be totally honest. I think this is one of Patton's best in a long long while. I mean....Jesus FUCK it's just so GOOD! The first 3 tracks, I found a bit dull but goddamn did it really start to kick in and then kick my ass. I wouldn't mind if 'Hawk went ahead and just kept this native american style, I'm fuckin' diggin'it. Although this new cd may be bad for my health (causes me to smoke more). It's really hard to compare it to the frist two because it is just so different.

Firs album, very solid effort with a nice handful of great tracks along with another handful of mediocre tracks.

Second.....2 great songs, Bird and Rape. The rest, some are ok and some are not all that great. Not a very good effort IMO.

This one? DAMN, i think it's by far their BEST. I fucking love it love it love it. It's got me movin'.
Wendel is artsyfairie08 on YouTube :lol:
"the record company were too busy on their yachts snorting cocaine off the butt-cracks of Moroccan boys to actually be aware of what was going on"
Love Removal Masheen
π

Bashman";p="889315 wrote:
Wendal";p="888968 wrote:I'll be totally honest. I think this is one of Patton's best in a long long while. I mean....Jesus FUCK it's just so GOOD! The first 3 tracks, I found a bit dull but goddamn did it really start to kick in and then kick my ass. I wouldn't mind if 'Hawk went ahead and just kept this native american style, I'm fuckin' diggin'it. Although this new cd may be bad for my health (causes me to smoke more). It's really hard to compare it to the frist two because it is just so different.

Wendel is artsyfairie08 on YouTube :lol:
'08 huh does this mean a big huge "Coming out of the closet" party will ensue next year?

Hey wendi you could have an Under the Butt Nut Hut mud wrestling event for all your "partners" that will attend
Ian Pebble
waves from boats

Post by Ian Pebble »

Here is a post from RateYourMusic that has a track by track breakdown of anonymous I found to be pretty accurate.

"Patton is a dog.
He ruined another great band with his washed-up diversity…
Lemme spill some spoilers.

I suppose reading Carlos Castaneda on tour is good for your mental health but HEY!

Tomahawk was a nervous and twisted rock band, remember?
Do you remember Flashback, God Hates a Coward, Sir Yes Sir, Laredo, Rape This Day, Mayday, Capt. Midnight?
Now forget it.

Anonymous is another fucking medley composed of various rotten crumbs which fell from Mr. Bungle Royal Turntable in 2000… Same old tricks, same old jokes, no strong Motorhead-friendly guitar rock...
It goes like this:

1) vintage Patton synchronized singing (check Phlegmatics from Disco Volante), then some good old rain ambience

2) some martial (or marital) Teotihuacan madness (basically it’s extended variation on one of California’s Ars Moriendi numerous themes)

3) Don Juan Matus’ lament. Or Navajo tribal dance. Or Cortez’s army death march. Or whatever.

4) track 3, only faster. Includes “acceptable” segments from General P (with traditional rhythmic barking)

5) slow and boring blues. Patton mourns something in the desert. He’s cold because it rains…

6) another cod-Mexican ditty with xylophone ambience and tired sweet vocal harmonies.

7) same shit as 2 only faster. Another Ars Moriendi rip-off.

8. U2 meets Faith No More, Faithless and Enigma in 1997. Shameful stuff.

9) same shit as 7 with “raw punk” segment thrown in to surprise us. Still this segment is the best part of the album. Go figure. Then stupid chanting again.

10) ethnic bullshit continues! This time it’s mellow! With vocals from timeless 1994 smash hit, “Return to Innocence”! Bravo! Then mister P compliments us with “achingly funny” Right Said Fred rap! So funny I sprayed multicolored diarrhea all over my yuppie office! I can feel this pragmatically hilarious track is a “grower”. It’s too Genesis to resist.

11) this starts with “Smaller and smaller” riff then goes FNM and then we have Carmina Burana suspense vocal interplay. Over “Rape This Day” guitar licks! Oh the horror! Trey Spruance is crying somewhere quietly.

12) another Aztek epic. Carmina voices again. No wonder – they must justify the expensive services of the Nicaraguan choir. Ends with “painfully beautiful” Brian Eno reversed keyboards.

13) Chet Atkins plays some sprinkling acoustic guitar.

Well what the fuck is it? A concept album about Wounded Knee Massacre, wonders of Mescal intoxication and Ghost Dancing?
Mike, go to fucking Rain Forest and show the fucking pigmy emo-kids how you can imitate Sting’s whole 24-piece band with your mouth only!

Now I can imagine how the upcoming disastrous Faith No More reunion album will sound!"

Despite agreeing with the Enigma comparisons I still think this album is great and happily enjoy it in private.
drusophila melanogaster
welcome back ricotta!

Post by drusophila melanogaster »

Love Removal Masheen";p="888794 wrote:
or don't";p="888755 wrote:if you think tomahawk sounds like fnm, then you are tone deaf and lack pattern recognition
Hey stupid .... yes you... I said they sound more like FNM than anything else he's done. I never said they sounded like them...what an idiot...You probably liken Peeping Tom to FNM...Your favorite FNM songs are probably:

We Care alot
Epic and
Easy
actually
you said this
Love Removal Masheen";p="888733 wrote:Sorry but if anyone does not like at least 80% of both the first 2 albums they didn't like Faith No more.
i don't liken peeping tom to anything except crap
i happen to like fnm quite a bit
and yes, i prefer the we care a lot/chuck stuff to 1/2 the albums mike sang on
maybe i would have felt differently if i had discovered them AFTER he joined the band
i didn't
so you are wrong multiple times
Love Removal Masheen
π

or don't";p="889339 wrote:
Love Removal Masheen";p="888794 wrote:

We Care alot
Epic and
Easy
actually
you said this
Love Removal Masheen";p="888733 wrote:Sorry but if anyone does not like at least 80% of both the first 2 albums they didn't like Faith No more.
i don't liken peeping tom to anything except crap
i happen to like fnm quite a bit
and yes, i prefer the we care a lot/chuck stuff to 1/2 the albums mike sang on
maybe i would have felt differently if i had discovered them AFTER he joined the band
i didn't
so you are wrong multiple times
Read Again you illiterate bastard of a one-legged whore... i said
"Tomahawk sounds way more like Faith no More than Peeping Tom"

You are an idiot .......................................

. :lol:
Exactly13yearsofage
poofy

Post by Exactly13yearsofage »

Ian Pebble";p="889332 wrote:Here is a post from RateYourMusic that has a track by track breakdown of anonymous I found to be pretty accurate.

"Patton is a dog.

I suppose reading Carlos Castaneda on tour is good for your mental health but HEY!

Do you remember Flashback, God Hates a Coward, Sir Yes Sir, Laredo, Rape This Day, Mayday, Capt. Midnight?
Now forget it.

Anonymous is another fucking medley composed of various rotten crumbs which fell from Mr. Bungle Royal Turntable in 2000… Same old tricks, same old jokes, no strong Motorhead-friendly guitar rock...
It goes like this:

1) vintage Patton synchronized singing (check Phlegmatics from Disco Volante), then some good old rain ambience

2) some martial (or marital) Teotihuacan madness (basically it’s extended variation on one of California’s Ars Moriendi numerous themes)

3) Don Juan Matus’ lament. Or Navajo tribal dance. Or Cortez’s army death march. Or whatever.

4) track 3, only faster. Includes “acceptable” segments from General P (with traditional rhythmic barking)

5) slow and boring blues. Patton mourns something in the desert. He’s cold because it rains…

6) another cod-Mexican ditty with xylophone ambience and tired sweet vocal harmonies.

9) same shit as 7 with “raw punk” segment thrown in to surprise us. Still this segment is the best part of the album. Go figure. Then stupid chanting again.

10) ethnic bullshit continues! This time it’s mellow! With vocals from timeless 1994 smash hit, “Return to Innocence”! Bravo! Then mister P compliments us with “achingly funny” Right Said Fred rap! So funny I sprayed multicolored diarrhea all over my yuppie office! I can feel this pragmatically hilarious track is a “grower”. It’s too Genesis to resist.

11) this starts with “Smaller and smaller” riff then goes FNM and then we have Carmina Burana suspense vocal interplay. Over “Rape This Day” guitar licks! Oh the horror! Trey Spruance is crying somewhere quietly.

12) another Aztek epic. Carmina voices again. No wonder – they must justify the expensive services of the Nicaraguan choir. Ends with “painfully beautiful” Brian Eno reversed keyboards.

Well what the fuck is it? A concept album about Wounded Knee Massacre, wonders of Mescal intoxication and Ghost Dancing?
Mike, go to fucking Rain Forest and show the fucking pigmy emo-kids how you can imitate Sting’s whole 24-piece band with your mouth only!

Now I can imagine how the upcoming disastrous Faith No More reunion album will sound!"

Despite agreeing with the Enigma comparisons I still think this album is great and happily enjoy it in private.
Written by a true cringing asshole... Patton only did vocals and left the production to Dennison. Why the fuck would he want to rip off Bungle or Faith no More?
Soy to the world!
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

Exactly13yearsofage";p="889382 wrote:
Ian Pebble";p="889332 wrote:Here is a post from RateYourMusic that has a track by track breakdown of anonymous I found to be pretty accurate.

"Patton is a dog.

Now forget it.

It goes like this:

Written by a true cringing asshole... Patton only did vocals and left the production to Dennison. Why the fuck would he want to rip off Bungle or Faith no More?

Thank you.