Tomahawk - Anonymous

General music discussion, not limited to a particular artist or genre
toodles
healthy pantaloons
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by toodles »

i fucking hated this when i first heard it but i agree its a grower, although not sure this will be a good album live,
nohijano
canadian sympathizer

Post by nohijano »

Please, why Patton cannot concentrate on ONE thing only. Is he so mediocre?
This album sucks, forgotten within 5 days.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

A middle aged comedian who has since lost his talent to create anything worthy of a decent audience found himself reaching and playing shows to die hard fans also known as The Simpletons and a small clutch of The Adept. Although seemingly fewer in numbers, the adept still attended the comedian’s shows now and again in the hopes he would return some odd gems, which to be fair, he did on occasions, but it was seldom so.

He mostly told bad jokes, which to The Simpletons seemed abstruse, but being die hard fans they played back their video recordings of his shows and attended night after night in the hope that they would one day understand their idols words – desperately trying to squeeze meaning from the punch lines.

As time went by the simpleton crowd started to unravel what was revealed in the story through the punch line - something The Adept had figured out the first time the comedic fable was recited in public. The Simpletons had by their very own standards overcome great adversity as this was far more taxing than the Independent’s beginner level sudoku puzzle. Unfortunately their love of the comedian and the vanity associated with their recent scholarships had resulted in them deceiving themselves into believing the joke was actually funny, good and worthy of the time they had invested, their poor little brains had been twisted by all that hard work they had just endured.

The Adept wasted far less time by actually understanding the joke through their superior intellect, heart, courage and lack of the obvious disability of having both parents sharing parents. Sometimes the adept though wish they were as naïve and as generally ignorant as The Simpletons, for then they good feel good by achieving the mundane, by figuring out the puzzles shared by their toddler peers. Imagine being so inept as to not understand simple things upon the first or (god forbid) the second reading!
Sharppie is my best friend.
toodles
healthy pantaloons

Post by toodles »

i only read the last part of that... are you calling me a simpleton??
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Post by Redundant Retard »

Cognitive dissonance toodles.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

:cool:
Sharppie is my best friend.
toodles
healthy pantaloons

Post by toodles »

i read all of that thanks!!
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

nohijano";p="873029 wrote:Please, why Patton cannot concentrate on ONE thing only. Is he so mediocre?
This album sucks, forgotten within 5 days.

Congradulations. You were able to contradict yourself in just two sentences. If Patton were so mediocre, he wouldn't have the talent and multiple ideas to concentrate on more than just one thing only.
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

toodles";p="873051 wrote:i read all of that thanks!!

I think I remember you from the old Mike Patton forum back when Bungle's California was released. Are you still an asshole or have you matured since then?
nohijano
canadian sympathizer

Post by nohijano »

Wendal wrote: If Patton were so mediocre, he wouldn't have the talent and multiple ideas to concentrate on more than just one thing only.
If Patton weren´t so mediocre, he would have the talent and multiple ideas to concentrate on more than just one thing only...

and make a good job at the end in everyone of them, almost.
Tail of dogma
healthy pantaloons

Post by Tail of dogma »

Who?
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

This album is so fucking good. Not one bad track in the bunch- Omaha Dance and Mescal Rite are my favorites so far.

This is the first time where I think Pattons Tom Waitsish gravely voice that he bombed so bad with in Peeping Tom actually fit perfectly with the music.
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

Okay I've listened to the whole thing.
My first impression based on a first listening is that it is going to end up in movies at some point. Duane had quite a vision for this record indeed.
The record is filled with mid to low tempo songs with not much in the way of rock drumming. Replacing the rock drumming is very complex native american vamps, (if I can be so bold) that make me feel like I'm tripping on peyote at the beginning of an invasion on the indians by the white man. The pride that is conveyed in this record is UNBELIEVABLY accurate. Down here in Fl. we have a lot of Seminole tribes, Mikisukis, etc.. and I've been to a lot of the Pow Wows. I'm astonished at how accurate the emotional vibe is. The native Americans have a really particular culture that is very complex to recreate and they did an amazing job at doing it. Even the textural electronic applications are in the rite timberal frame of mind.
If I ever trip again this will be one of the records I listen to during the setting of the mood at the time of ingestion.
I also would like to commend Duane on an excellent solo guitar piece. Bravo. The vibratto and tone he gets is PERFECT for the theme.
The record is definately short in length and leaves me perfectly satisfied with it's finality which is not common. Either an album usually feels too long, or too short. This album says what it needs to and then ends.

ricK
Stuff that gives you a boner is NSFW. So nekkid babies are. A heap of naked nekkid babies are. A heap of naked grind-musicians isn't. -Twixta
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

10 times in a row

8) 8) 8)
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

It's a feel good album too. That's another thing. It actually is quite healing.
Stuff that gives you a boner is NSFW. So nekkid babies are. A heap of naked nekkid babies are. A heap of naked grind-musicians isn't. -Twixta
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

*checks std sores*
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

eeooooohh.
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

Excuse me fellers. I'm going to go dress up like an indian and dance in front of the mirror to this.
Awesome album!!!!

rrrix
godoflame-isen
healthy pantaloons

Post by godoflame-isen »

Loin cloths sure are fun.
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Below mediocre. Better than the two former Tomahawk, but that does not really say a lot. Sun dance is pretty cool, but no, this album isn´t too good.
GoatOvaries wrote:No. It is none of your business what I like. It's only your business what I choose to make public, which is what I don't like.
Tail of dogma
healthy pantaloons

Post by Tail of dogma »

well then go back to yer tool and yer nin inch nailses
Redundant Retard
3% gay

Who?
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

You think this was better than the first two T-Hawk?
I'm not the biggest fan of 'hawk, but I enjoyed the first two albums a lot more than this one.
Nearl: Where's Babar?
X-tacle: He's in the shower.
Nearl: No he's not! Elephants take showers with their noses!
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

I can't wait to see how Patton dances to this live!!!!
Wendal
poofy

Post by Wendal »

I might light up a doobie when I get to hear this album. Havn't done that in years but it seems like the music may call for it.