bbs.bunglefever.com
http://bbs.bunglefever.com/

Avatar
http://bbs.bunglefever.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50011
Page 1 of 3

Author:  Mr John [ 21 Aug 2009, 08:08 ]
Post subject:  Avatar

Is there a thread for this? I thought there was, but a search yielded nothing.
Well, if not, fucking have this one.

Trailer is available at Apple.
If you have problems with it, try (downloading and) opening Quicktime first.

Looks really cool, like Aliens with moral issues. Anyone vested any interest in this?

Author:  touchy feely [ 21 Aug 2009, 08:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

it looks like sam alexander joins the cast of a serious version of finding nemo?
the faces are not well done

Author:  The Rambam [ 21 Aug 2009, 10:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

Mr John wrote:
Anyone vested any interest in this?

No.

Author:  Grotocult [ 21 Aug 2009, 18:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

Looks like Apocalypto performed by Shrek.

Author:  Mr John [ 21 Dec 2009, 05:06 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

If you are going to watch it, watch in in 3D, or it won't be as good.

Or good.

:biggrin:

Author:  ReverseEngineer [ 27 Dec 2009, 10:13 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

erutlucorgga wrote:
Looks like Apocalypto performed by Shrek.


think more Pocahontas with giant smurfs.

Author:  Dress Barn [ 27 Dec 2009, 12:50 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

It's pretty amazing in 3D
view it more as a amusement park then a movie and you'll have a blast

Author:  Dress Barn [ 27 Dec 2009, 12:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

http://io9.com/5422666/
:lol:

Author:  ReverseEngineer [ 27 Dec 2009, 13:42 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

stripperm(0)(o)m wrote:
It's pretty amazing in 3D
view it more as a amusement park then a movie and you'll have a blast


Oh yes, I definitely liked the movie.
I just thought the moralizing was more than a bit heavy-handed.

it's on par with Crash for oversimplifying a message that most people already know. "War bad, nature good"

Author:  not jimmy [ 29 Dec 2009, 15:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

i liked it
but for the special fx and 3D

story was the same ol story

Author:  Mr John [ 01 Jan 2010, 07:18 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

(lingus) wrote:
i liked it
but for the special fx and 3D

story was the same ol story


Image

Author:  Grotocult [ 01 Jan 2010, 14:31 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

I thought the moralizing killed it. Felt like being preached at by a loudmouth well-intentioned liberal for two hours. Lame.

Author:  Dress Barn [ 03 Jan 2010, 19:31 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

That shit don't bother me when it's all 3D

Author:  Mr John [ 04 Jan 2010, 05:25 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

erutlucorgga wrote:
I thought the moralizing killed it. Felt like being preached at by a loudmouth well-intentioned liberal for two hours. Lame.


Are you American?
Why are you so scared of opinions that differ from your own? You know it's just a work of fiction, right?
:lol:

Author:  not jimmy [ 04 Jan 2010, 12:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

:lol:


i hated Fantasia. everyone knows that a mouse can't do that. RUINED IT!

Author:  Busta [ 05 Jan 2010, 04:34 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

Amazing '3d' film.
Best of 09 with Inglourious IMHO

Author:  Grotocult [ 05 Jan 2010, 14:35 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

Mr John wrote:
erutlucorgga wrote:
I thought the moralizing killed it. Felt like being preached at by a loudmouth well-intentioned liberal for two hours. Lame.


Are you American?
Why are you so scared of opinions that differ from your own? You know it's just a work of fiction, right?
:lol:


The opinion doesn't differ from my own. I don't go to the cinema to be insulted. I didn't kill any Indians or vote for Bush so (James Cameron) stop telling me that since I go to the cinema to see your film I should feel guilty for being a white person who lives in America and uses technology and doesn't swing from trees.

Author:  Mr John [ 06 Jan 2010, 06:45 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

He told you that?

Wow, I just saw a sci fi film with a plot based loosely on events from history, that looked really cool. I didn't feel any afflicted emotional attachments at all.

Have you spoken to anybody about this? I'd be worried about your emotional state.
:?

Author:  Mary Hinge [ 07 Jan 2010, 03:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

If they put as much effort into the casting, script, plot, acting and level of subtlety of putting a MESSAGE across, this fillum would have been outstanding.

It was like how the media portray David Beckham* - fucking gorgeous to look at, but should keep that stupid trap shut.



*Mary Hinge disclaimer: I actually like DB lots :oops:

Author:  The Rambam [ 07 Jan 2010, 07:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

Cameron doesn't do subtlety.

Mr John wrote:
He told you that?

Wow, I just saw a sci fi film with a plot based loosely on events from history, that looked really cool. I didn't feel any afflicted emotional attachments at all.

That's because you're shallow.

Author:  not jimmy [ 07 Jan 2010, 14:04 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

why does a film have to have message?
that's poppy cock

there would be no fun moives if this were the case

what's the message of The Godfather?
don't fuck with the italian mob?

what about Terminator 2?
robots will revolt! careful with your technology heathens!

gtfo

Author:  The Rambam [ 07 Jan 2010, 14:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

I don't like T2, whose message seems to be, 'Yes, diesel trucks are much more combustible in the movies than they are in real life'.

Anyway, Avatar did seem to preach about embracing nature or some such nonsense... using the most advanced cinematic technology available.

Author:  touchy feely [ 07 Jan 2010, 14:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

(lingus) wrote:
why does a film have to have message?
that's poppy cock

there would be no fun moives if this were the case

what's the message of The Godfather?
don't fuck with the italian mob?

what about Terminator 2?
robots will revolt! careful with your technology heathens!

gtfo


the message of roadhouse: pain dont hurt

Author:  The Rambam [ 07 Jan 2010, 15:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

Image
"Roadhouse."

Author:  not jimmy [ 07 Jan 2010, 15:53 ]
Post subject:  Re: Avatar

The Message of Under Siege: anyone could be an ex-SEAL

Page 1 of 3 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/