cute as a crackbaby
Favorite Music: METAL
Favorite Books: LOVECRAFT
Favorite Films: HORROR
Favorite TV: SEX AND THE CITY
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

The Green Butchers

Post by Hank »

Hilarious Danish black comedy. Cannibalism, retards, sausage, etc. I'm rather gay for Mads Mikkelsen.
Tits of War!
Exactly13yearsofage
poofy

Re: The Green Butchers

Post by Exactly13yearsofage »

Yes, very enjoyable movie. Adams Aebler (Adams Apples), also by Anders Thomas Jensen, is even better imo.
Soy to the world!
Thunder Bear
π

Post by Thunder Bear »

Sweat sven :lol:

Mikkelsen is phenomenal
Adams Aebler (Adams Apples), also by Anders Thomas Jensen, is even better imo.
Concur. I also like "Blinkende Lygter" (Flickering Lights). That said, I really hated "Gamle mænd i nye biler" (Old men in new cars), and "I Kina Spiser de Hunde" (In China they Eat Dogs). But if you enjoy garbage films, like Snatch, these two should be right up your alley.
...this time like triple sarcasm
Exactly13yearsofage
poofy

Well, I don't, but I'll check out that first one.

Any info on Hvid Nat and the Duchess? I'm downloading those right now....
Soy to the world!
Thunder Bear
π

Post by Thunder Bear »

The Duchness? Isnt that some costume drama bullshit with Keira Knightley? Whats that got to do with anything? My girlfriend wants to see it, I know that much...

I have not seen, nor heard about Hvid Nat. Is that another one by Anders Jensen?

The problem with a couple of these danish black comedies/crime films, the way that I see it, is that they try too hard to be edgy and "cool" ALL the time, with its "in your face" dialogue (read: "china dogs" and "old men"). Its just like that movie Boondock Saints, wich has to be the worst movie ever made, right next to the 51st State.

Speaking of danish films: Festen is a must see!
Exactly13yearsofage
poofy

Hmm.. I don't know.. I was downloading a bunch of movies he cooperated on, and The Duchess was among them. Later saw that he only contributed as a writer. Doesn't look too interesting though, probably won't watch it.

I'm a bit surprised by the edgy/cool remark, I didn't feel that way at all with Gronne Slagtere and Adams Aebler, except maybe somewhat with the Iranian-terrorist part. Done in good taste though.

I did see Festen several years ago and it deserves all the credit. Hilarious and sad at the same time, great effort. As far as what I've seen from Danish TV/Film, they hold up a pretty high standard. As opposed to the horrendous, entirely forgettable dreck that the Dutch industry manages to churn out each passing year, with few exceptions. But that's another issue entirely.
Soy to the world!
Thunder Bear
π

Post by Thunder Bear »

I didn't feel that way at all with Gronne Slagtere and Adams Aebler, except maybe somewhat with the Iranian-terrorist part. Done in good taste though.
You got me wrong, dude. I basically meant "Old men", and "In China". Anders Thomas Jensen wrote, but didnt direct those, so Im guessing thats where the problem is. And Im not a fan of the Pusher films, with Mads Mikkelsen. Nothing to do with Jensen, except many of the same actors.
I really like the other films mentioned in this thread.
Mr John
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Mr John »

We (Teamfishcake) were talking about "Gay my parents from Outer Space" again this weekend.
"Bof."