Lunar Park

Film & books

Moderators: Eviltoastman, Don Eduardo, Rick Cave, judasmuppet

Peeping Tom
poofy

Lunar Park

Post by Peeping Tom »

I've got about 50 pages left in it an so far im really enjoying it, its a nice change from Ellis's usual style but still clearly is his work. Its a bit of a horror/mystery with his humour an social commentary on marriage an family an suburbia which i guess hes done before.
Ju Fuck With Me, Ju Fuckin With The Best
crotchgrabber
that's sha na not my baby!!!
Missin' Jimmy level: 89000

Post by crotchgrabber »

it's been a few years since i read this, and i was coked to the gills during that time of my life, so i doubt i could offer a decent review.
but, now that you mention it, i might have to hunt it down again.
Mr John wrote:You love cock.
Peeping Tom
poofy

Post by Peeping Tom »

just finished it last night, he really seems to be upset about not reconciling with his father an either longing for a son, or maybe he has an estranged one.. i read his love of the past 5 years was a man though he passed away a little while ago so im not too sure. It could all just be one of his weird books that leaves you guessing but this had a lot more resolution without it just ending mid sentence an obscurely.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

lolnar lol

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
:cool:

:lol: :lol:
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Grotocult »

I have a question: is the "I am me, a writer, writing a book about a writer who wants to write a book about..." schtick "work" or is it just annoying? I feel Auster can do it and not make you hate him: can Ellis?
Peeping Tom
poofy

Post by Peeping Tom »

He's not really playing himself, his character is more like the guy from glamorama as in hes a moron, plus he's got a made up family with a famous wife with two kids. He just uses characters from his old books like theres a guy pretending to be Bateman, an Clayton from his first book which i cant think of.