Film & books

Moderators: Eviltoastman, Don Eduardo, Rick Cave, judasmuppet

General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

the shield

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

did anyone watch this show ?

i guess i shoulda made a post about dora the explora .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
Mobiesque
confusitron
Missin' Jimmy level: 666

Post by Mobiesque »

I'm downloading it now. I'm fucking excited / scared about whats gonna happen. The general vibe of the show is "standing on the precipice of oblivion", but the last series they've been in total freefall. Everyone is fucked from here on in, it's just a matter of degree.

I won't be returning to this thread till I've watched it but my guesses are:

Shane and Mara get killed. Ronnie goes on the run. Vic fucks up his immunity and ends up in jail.

I base this on absolutely nothing.
'the fuck did I do?
Mobiesque
confusitron

Post by Mobiesque »

Well I was a bit right.

And the bit I was right about? It made me come.
'the fuck did I do?
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

too many loose ends , still the best finale that I ever saw .

why did they bring that mayor character back (he was in an earlier season) ?
did assinvader have something to do with his death ?

how long did ronnie get ?

what happends to vics family ?

did they find ritas body ? (also they never resolved the cat killing scene with wagonblock)

where did vic go with his gun ?

so for me it seemed like they left alot out there , mabe a movie or nother season ? i dont know but the sons of anarchy CANT match the shield and i dont see it doing 4 seasons .

still they had alot of balls to end it with shane like that . i knew it as soon as he overpaid for the flowers . it might have been easier to buy into this whole thing that they just do a 180 and give up if they had played up the drug aspect in previous seasons . all the suddon hes doing coke ? they change their mind on the very day of the motorcade ? ? ? i watched the whole show , pretty sure i didnt miss anything , i think i might try and rent the first season. the forest whittaker season was great .
i will miss that show .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
Mobiesque
confusitron

Post by Mobiesque »

Mayor character? Asceveda may well have had him killed. I was quite drunk so it will take a rewatch to pick up on any nuances.

Ronnie will be away for a minimum of multiple life sentences, the shit Vic implicated him in is even enough for the death penalty.

They did not find Rita's body, and the cat killing needed no resolving - it was there to show that Dutch is fucked up.

Vic ain't goin nowhere. He's taking his gun and going home. He's stuck to a desk for the next 3 years and he's not gonna jeopardize a chance (slim) of getting back to his kids by running wild at this stage. This is his death. He has _noone_ left.

Tiger Woods Fist Pump for the death of Shane, that was the only thing that was remotely guessable. The motorcade ended up being fairly irrelevant, but Shane has def been a drug fiend in the past.

I can't watch Forest in anything anymore. It is an ode to how well he played his role. I always have to turn off, screaming "YOU KILLED LEM YOU CUNT". But hey, we'll always have "Your wife's pussy tasted like sweet sweet sugar".

I'm goin back to The Wire till the box set of this comes out.

(Pre-ordered The Wire box set today, just to double up on my collection)
'the fuck did I do?