touchy feely
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 903

emile cioran

Post by touchy feely »

sampling some of his quotes
fucking hilarious
i am loving this

"You are done for--a living dead man--not when you stop loving but stop hating. Hatred preserves: in it, in its chemistry, resides the "mystery" of life."

“The limit of every pain is an even greater pain.”

:lol:

In November 1933, Cioran won a Humboldt doctoral grant to Berlin, where he quickly became a fan of Hitler. "I am absolutely enthralled by the political order they've set up here," he wrote to his friend Mircea Eliade, the future historian of religion, whose 1930s fascism and anti-Semitism also emerged most prominently after his death. "Some of our friends," Cioran advised pal Petru Comarnescu, "will believe that I've turned Hitlerist out of sheer opportunism. The truth is that I agree with many of the things I've seen here."

Nazism, Cioran wrote, possessed "greatness." Germans had a "need for a Führer," and Hitlerism constituted "a destiny for Germany." Cioran supported a similar dictatorship for his country and believed that "only terror, brutality, and endless anxiety are likely to bring about a change in Romania. All Romanians should be arrested and beaten to a pulp; this is the only way a shallow nation could make a name for itself." "Hitler's merit," insisted the young voice of vitalist barbarism, "consists in depriving his nation of a critical spirit."
:doubt:
Grotocult
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Grotocult »

For a bargain-basement Nietzsche he rocks my socks off
Try
it is teh siht
PS: Cioran>Nietzsche
touchy feely
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 903