Where the Wild Things Are!

Film & books

Moderators: Eviltoastman, Don Eduardo, Rick Cave, judasmuppet

judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Where the Wild Things Are!

Post by judasmuppet »

Spike Jonze directing. This could be awesomely shit, but it may not be.
Hollywood hits the Hills

A MOVIE version of a much-loved children’s book is being filmed around Gembrook.

A tight veil of secrecy has been placed on the shooting of Maurice Sendack’s classic Where the Wild Things Are, but cast and crew are expected to be in the area for several days.

Filming took place at a number of locations last week including Gilwell Park in the Dandenong Ranges.

The movie is being directed by Spike Jonze and produced by Tom Hanks and Maurice Sendak.

Stars include Catherine Keener, Benicio Del Toro, Forest Whitaker and Michelle Williams.

The movie is expected to combine live action and computer-generated images with a likely G rating.

Gembrook Supermarket attendant Amanda Collins said there was a buzz around town that had been generating a few whispers between customers.

“There have been a lot of new faces through the supermarket but I couldn’t say for sure that they are from the film,” she said.

She said someone had bought two crates of milk last week that she believed was for people working on the children’s movie.

“Some people are excited but some people are a little bit annoyed about it all.”

Ms Collins said film production had resulted in several roads being blocked around town which was requiring people to use different routes to work.

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/story/24635
Seems there is some controversy surrounding it, and I'm not referring to Angus Sampson being cast. Check out the details:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0386117/

Have a look at some of the flaming going on in the message boards on this too. Fairly humourous.
I SINCERELY HOPE YOU CUNTS NEVER BUILD PLANES
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

Angus Sampson is, dare I say it, the improv king of Australian television.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

He definately nailed it tonight, if his last performance wasn't enought to confirm it.
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

See, I don't even watch the show. I just know it to be the undeniable truth.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

I watched 'cause he was on it. He's come a long way since Recovery.