Post by judasmuppet »

What a load of rubbish.
I SINCERELY HOPE YOU CUNTS NEVER BUILD PLANES
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Post by Eviltoastman »

Have you watched him? I'd take Anelka over him and no mistake. Berbatov is a lazy cunt with no spine. Keane is a far better player than Berbatov too.
Sharppie is my best friend.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by judasmuppet »

judasmuppet";p="924416 wrote:Berby looked like he was hosting a coaching clinic.
He's that good. He doesn't need to run his arse off like most. He works well with Keane. I don't know what you mean about having no spine.
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

Try and grab a copy of the Carling Cup match against Man City when Zokora was sent off really early on. Berbatov ran his absolute arse off for the whole game that day. One of the most stunning lone striker performances I've seen.

He simply refused to allow Tottenham's best chance of qualifying for Europe this season go down the toilet. I really do hope he stays. He should be our next Spurs legend. We haven't had one since Teddy.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I think you are awed by last years great performance. This season he plays with no heart and plays for himself not the team he's in. You yids take Keane for granted. He's done more for Spurs than Teddy already.
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

Certainly not. He scored more goals in the Prem in 2007 than anyone else, Ronaldo included. He's already got his name penciled in.

Berbatov has been very good this season, that's why I used an example of him playing well this season. I wasn't able to watch much of last due to no access to cable telly. I'm not going to bother arguing with you anymore on this, though.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Good. Because you're absolutely fucking wrong. :lol:

...and this doesn't tell the whole story, it makes the lazy fucker look good. Henry last season had a great goals to game ratio (Berb's is .39 and Keane's is .59 btw) of .63 per game - the best he ever enjoyed, yet when he was playing, he was absolutely crap. Berbatov and Spurs are a Macrocosm our Henry situation last year. It's a dichotomy but it's true, a top scorer can still be a detriment to a side, even when he's firing. Look at Nistelrooy and Manu and Del Piero and Milan as other examples. Berbatov will not recoup what was spent and Manu are unlikely to sign a player with such an unprofessional attitude, regardless of his obvious ability. Now those 8 goals that Berb has scored, I have no doubt in my mind that that would be 15 if he played with heart and spine and not just made the occasional cameo. Berbatov has the potential to play every game to a far higher plateau than Keane is capable of, but Keane's work ethic means that as a player he performs far better, which is a shame. Berbatov is ripping Spurs off. Taking his pay and dreaming of his escape - doing just enough to keep people off his back. If I was a Spurs fan I'd appreciate Keane a little more. He's by far one of the greatest servants the clubs has had in recent years and when Berbatov fucks off to whoever is stupid enough to sign him next year, Keane will be there with a consistent g/g ratio, passionate performances all while Spurs fans look at the horizon for their "Henry".

Carling Cup? I think given your precarious position, all effort should be used to acquire some prem league points. A spurs fans commented earlier this week that they're just nine points from a CL spot and that he felt it was a realistic goal. I'd like to remind Spurs fans that this may be true but you're only 6 from relegation. The Berb discussion is a side issue and the truth is that no one would really be on Berb's back if you had a defence, but that's football and it's a fact that Berbatov simply is not pulling his weight. His heart is elsewhere.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

You're still talking rubbish.
Berbatov has the second highest amount of assists for a forward this season, being 9. Keane has 6. Who has scored most of the goals from Berbatov's assists? Keane.
Arguing a point longer doesn't win the day.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

As I explained he's in no way the same player he was last season and as previously stated, if he put the effort in that he did last he'd have a much more impressive tally for both goals and assists, as it stands he's short changing Spurs. Berbatov play with no heart he has now become a cameo rather than the main attraction. Instead of just looking at the numbers, actually watch him.

He's a fantastic player when he shows up. Keane shows up for every game.

I'm not the minority in this opinion either:
It was as if he had done his work against Reading, issued the come and get me message and was now happy to sit back and wait for his agent to do some business. - John Giles, The Independent 04.01.08

Berbatov can go missing as much as he can take centre-stage. - Jimmy Greaves on why Berbatov should be sold, the Sun 05.01.08

The Bulgarian international has shown patchy form for Spurs this season and supporters have questioned whether he is thinking of a move. - Politely put by the Marc isaacs of the Telegraph 04.01.08

Berbatov's lack of commitment is on the mindsof every football journalist and pundit at the moment. The thoughts of most Spurs fans on BBC forums, Telegraph and other have been very much in kind with the thinking about Berb this season. I have no idea what games you've been watching? I take it it was just the Reading match from the opinion presented.

My point was long because it held relative fact and opinion, not just a sound bite which amounts to "No I'm not. You are".
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

I said the whole of 2007. That includes last season. 19 goals in 31 matches. One better than Ronaldo. I've watched every Spurs game this season, and Berbatov hasn't seemed bad to me. Just because he doesn't show happy little body language doesn't concern me. I'd probably be quite similar if I played.

Bomb this thread. It's pretty pathetic.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

Agreed. However,
Eviltoastman";p="933270 wrote:My point was long because it held relative fact and opinion, not just a sound bite which amounts to "No I'm not. You are".
Incorrect. You can spin the argument anyway you wish, but I think you're wrong, because it seems to me that you are speculating on Berbatov's motives just as the rest of the press that you feel the need to reference, while Berbatov has had the dignity not to pay it any heed, and keeps either putting the ball in the net or setting up everyone else.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I didn't say he wasn't scoring or assisting. You're very selective about what you respond to. I said he's scoring and I've agreed he's a talented player - what I'm stating (read boy) is that he doesn't turn up most of the time and his heart is elsewhere and only plays on what appears to be personal whim, which IS[/s] having a negative effect on the team, especially when he HAS asked for a transfer many, many times only to be told no. The only thing is, Berbatov has not stated this in words to the press, instead he shows it through his lacklustre efforts on the pitch. As many have stated, he is only showing glimpses of his talent in what appears to be a 'hey guys, sign me, look what I can do if I choose to play' scenario. I referenced as you attempted to marginalise and dismiss my opinion as rubbish as you still do without a firm rebuttal other than that tired only 45rpm spin around stating the same short jack russel-esque yap "No, you're wrong' and nothing more substantial that that.

Again I ask. If he played with the effort, drive and backbone that he did last season, without the frustration he feels for not being sold to a proper club in the summer wouldn't his goal tally be higher? Wouldn't his assist record be even better? Wouldn't his teams position due to defensive frailties be lessoned by the sheer fact that Spurs actually played some matches with eleven men instead of ten men and a invertebrate? Berbatov has played at least half of his games this season as a virtual passenger.
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

It's not that I'm being selective. I'm just not reading all of your posts, because they are boring.
lol-o-caust
ask me about my yeast infection

Post by lol-o-caust »

"When Gooners attack"
Stuff.
Mr John
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Mr John »

5 - 1

Another patchy Dimitar performance though, eh?
;-)
"Bof."
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

The first game I've watched for a month and I get this...

Spurs looked like a formidable team today.
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

Moment of the match right here.

I'm going to be bouncing around all day now. So bloody happy.
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

Please take this to the appropriate thread. viewtopic.php?t=39679
Nearl: Where's Babar?
X-tacle: He's in the shower.
Nearl: No he's not! Elephants take showers with their noses!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Spurs did well with 10 men. Fair play. If Berbatov showed up they'd have put twenty passed us. :lol:
judasmuppet
cute as a crackbaby

Post by judasmuppet »

Don Eduardo";p="935901 wrote:Moment of the match right here.

I really didn't think it was the right time and place to be comparing barbers. Disappointing.
Don Eduardo
OMG WTF

Post by Don Eduardo »

Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Good of him to get off the sick bench to help you guys out. I bet he would have stayed at Boro had he known he would have to play at some point.
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

Tottenham played pretty well and Chelsea were pretty pony.

Means Chelsea will be looking to bounce back in their next league fixture. I wonder who that is against...
Nearl: Where's Babar?
X-tacle: He's in the shower.
Nearl: No he's not! Elephants take showers with their noses!
Rick Cave
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Rick Cave »

Depressed beyond tablets
lol-o-caust
ask me about my yeast infection

Post by lol-o-caust »

:lol:
Stuff.