Recent Games. A very brief opinion..

Private forum for gaming discussion

Moderators: Busta, Eviltoastman

Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Re: Recent Games. A very brief opinion..

Post by Eviltoastman »

Very very deep game play. It's strategy and resource management.

Basically take as little damage from investigating UFOs as possible, retrieve and research alien equipment and corpses and later live aliens, build your base up, develop weapons, develop space craft, hire scientists, new men and production workers. Expand your base, build new bases...excellent game. It is very very engrossing.
Sharppie is my best friend.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

FEZ For the win.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

if you have minecraft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qk58R6g7PGA

get this

http://www.technicpack.net/tekkit/

update java ,

the exe , it didnt launch but it did check for an update .

the jar launched , downloaded and updated the client , it also doesnt mess with the core MC files .

i wish i woulda had this mod last year . you could play vanilla w/ no hacks and never manually "work" again .

this is the coolest thing ever . a collection of the best mods for mc , basically one click . it seems a lil overwhelming , its not .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
General Tso s Chicken
bigger softer russier!

Post by General Tso s Chicken »

been playing WAR COMMANDER on facebook .

dont .
the finished product is just the garbage left over from doing the work.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I'm still very heavily into Battlefield 3 on the 360. Armored Kill is great.
Mr John
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Mr John »

X-COM is brilliant.
PES2013 has the looongest menu/loading times bullshit in Master league mode.
Got Dishonoured, haven't played yet.
"Bof."
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Completed Dishonoured, realised I am not mature or patient enough to do "stealth" for prolonged periods.
Also loved Xcom, not played it anough due to maturity/patience issues mentioned above.
Bioshock Infinite is excellent, but slightly shorter than I had anticipated and was fairly straightforward to complete on hard difficulty.
BF3 is still kicking my arse.
Forza Horizon was geat for those who don;t have the patience for Forza proper. I loved it, particularly driving with friends around the "highways of Colorado".
Teddy Ruxpin
banned
Missin' Jimmy level: 1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ouzorikommand

Post by Teddy Ruxpin »

I haven't played many "new games" but thanks to a combination of Steam and GoG i'm playing games that are new to me. Zafehouse Diaries is addictive as hell, a modded out FTL is also fun. I hate bethseda games so much, but I finally caved in and played Skyrim. It's great!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Skyrim - yes it is. I've still not finished it and I'm level 70 or something. I just don't want it to end!

I absolutely loved "the Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series". A nice point and click adventure, well told story, not particularly difficult - just an nice way to waste time.
The Witcher 2 was a very good game, but not my kind of RPG. Think medieval mass effect and you're pretty much there.
Battlefield 4 looks special.
hlk
Hopeless fan-boy
Missin' Jimmy level: 11
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hlk

Post by hlk »

Loved Skyrim and The Witcher 2. Very disappointed in Assassin's Creed III. I don't think I've played anything more recent than that. Summer!
Saddam Disney wrote:Hey. Listen, I really apologize for all the things I said about you. I never met them. I think you are cute actually.

Would you please get rid of the hall of flame? Obviously anyone who was interested in it had more than ample time to read it now. I'm just really trying to foregt about that piece of shit Denise as much as possible. And I think it is pretty much juvenile keeping it up. Will you please forgive me and take it down? I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays, take care, peace!

Jimmy G.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Assassin's Creed III looks really pretty and all that, I had part 2 and never really liked it. It was fun for a time and I get the impression that III is much the same.
RPG wise things have stalled. It#s as if everyone is holding their breath for the new consoles.
hlk
Hopeless fan-boy
Missin' Jimmy level: 11
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hlk

Post by hlk »

Eviltoastman wrote:Assassin's Creed III looks really pretty and all that, I had part 2 and never really liked it. It was fun for a time and I get the impression that III is much the same.
RPG wise things have stalled. It#s as if everyone is holding their breath for the new consoles.
I adored ACII, and Brotherhood. The new one is just boring.

Regarding RPGs, hoping Dragon Age 3 will be great (2 was not), which I think will be announced with or close to the new Xbox, but probably playable on new & old.
Saddam Disney wrote:Hey. Listen, I really apologize for all the things I said about you. I never met them. I think you are cute actually.

Would you please get rid of the hall of flame? Obviously anyone who was interested in it had more than ample time to read it now. I'm just really trying to foregt about that piece of shit Denise as much as possible. And I think it is pretty much juvenile keeping it up. Will you please forgive me and take it down? I'd really appreciate it. Please let me know. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays, take care, peace!

Jimmy G.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

:o wrote:
Eviltoastman wrote:Assassin's Creed III looks really pretty and all that, I had part 2 and never really liked it. It was fun for a time and I get the impression that III is much the same.
I adored ACII, and Brotherhood. The new one is just boring.

Regarding RPGs, hoping Dragon Age 3 will be great (2 was not), which I think will be announced with or close to the new Xbox, but probably playable on new & old.
I found every fucking goddamned feather in AC2. I also am under the mistaken beleif that I know my way around Venice if I ever go there.
Teddy Ruxpin
banned
Missin' Jimmy level: 1
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Ouzorikommand

Post by Teddy Ruxpin »

Eviltoastman wrote:Skyrim - yes it is. I've still not finished it and I'm level 70 or something. I just don't want it to end!

I absolutely loved "the Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series". A nice point and click adventure, well told story, not particularly difficult - just an nice way to waste time.
The Witcher 2 was a very good game, but not my kind of RPG. Think medieval mass effect and you're pretty much there.
Battlefield 4 looks special.
I watched a full playthrough on youtube of the walking dead game. I got all pissy eyed near the end. GoG just ended a sale of a variety of Telltale games. No Walking Dead but they did have Back To The Future, Wallace & Grommit, and several Sam & Max games. I own Witcher 1 and 2 and haven't touched two yet. Witcher one was great though. I mean titties everywhere.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Teddy Ruxpin wrote:titties everywhere.
You won;t be disappointed with part two then.
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

I've been playing:

- The Witcher (the first one)
- Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition
- Civilisation IV
- Medieval II: Total War (Stainless Steel & Grim Reality mod)
- Farcry II (I don't know why I'm playing this again. I think it's something to do with murdering South African mercenaries)

As you may have figured out, my PC doesn't have the resources to run anything recent.
Miss Yvonne wrote:Stop having boring tuna. Stop having a boring life.
Travelled Meats
opulent otter
Missin' Jimmy level: 9

Post by Travelled Meats »

Anyone played Surgeon Simulator?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/233720/

Amusing for a while then it gets frustrating trying to pick up scalpels and saws.

Currently playing:

Farcry 3
Hotline Miami
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

How's Farcry 3? Are there any supernatural/genetic freaks?

I'm just trying to figure out how Farcry 2 is a sequel to Farcry at the moment, and what the common element is for Farcry 3.
Travelled Meats
opulent otter

nah only rasta pirates, scratching their sacks when on patrol and complaining about sti's.

Havent played Far Cry 2, only started on 3 as my Son got a copy.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

XB360 Farcry 3 has a game breaking glitch. At a certain point for a lot of people the Camera stops working which is needed to complete a critical mission. I was really enjoying the game until that point. The game publisher admitted the fault and arranged for me to have a full refund. Reverting to an earlier save does not fix the issue, the bug totally corrupts the thing, you need to delete all your data and the game profile. Unacceptable. Not everyone is affected by it.
Travelled Meats
opulent otter

shit really, which mission?
Roark
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Roark »

Eviltoastman wrote:XB360 Farcry 3 has a game breaking glitch. At a certain point for a lot of people the Camera stops working which is needed to complete a critical mission. I was really enjoying the game until that point. The game publisher admitted the fault and arranged for me to have a full refund. Reverting to an earlier save does not fix the issue, the bug totally corrupts the thing, you need to delete all your data and the game profile. Unacceptable. Not everyone is affected by it.
1. You play shooters on consoles?
2. Farcry 2 had a game-breaking glitch which affected random games from the beginning, but you only found out whether your game was affected when you got up to the glitch point (33% completion or something?). Annoying.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Travelled Meats wrote:shit really, which mission?
Spoiler: The one where you have to photograph the meeting on the bridge. The throw rock command also fails.
Roark wrote:
Eviltoastman wrote:XB360 Farcry 3 has a game breaking glitch. At a certain point for a lot of people the Camera stops working which is needed to complete a critical mission. I was really enjoying the game until that point. The game publisher admitted the fault and arranged for me to have a full refund. Reverting to an earlier save does not fix the issue, the bug totally corrupts the thing, you need to delete all your data and the game profile. Unacceptable. Not everyone is affected by it.
1. You play shooters on consoles?
2. Farcry 2 had a game-breaking glitch which affected random games from the beginning, but you only found out whether your game was affected when you got up to the glitch point (33% completion or something?). Annoying.
1 - Yeah. I mainly play BF3: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/so ... 4609/xbox/
I just upgraded my PC on Saturday and have a free copy of Far Cry Blood Dragon (PC) due. 80's goodness will prevail:
http://youtu.be/0dofacvjRkc

2 -Cunts, Dave. Cunts.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Far Cry Blood Dragon was very funny but as it's an add on, it was pretty short. If you see it on sale, it's worth picking up for the giggles.
Mr John
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Mr John »

Going thru Skyrim again. It actually annoys me more than entertains. Will probably give it up.
Oh and PES is ruined forever now. Master League is abysmal.
"Bof."