Recent Games. A very brief opinion..

Private forum for gaming discussion

Moderators: Busta, Eviltoastman

Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod
Favorite Books: .
Missin' Jimmy level: 10

Re: Recent Games. A very brief opinion..

Post by Eviltoastman »

There you go again. Mocking me for my lack of real friends. :curse:
Sharppie is my best friend.
touchy feely
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 903

Post by touchy feely »

i dont even play video games anymore

BAN ME
:doubt:
Exactly13yearsofage
poofy
Missin' Jimmy level: 0

Post by Exactly13yearsofage »

Rick Dangerous is the sh*zzle...
Soy to the world!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Indeed it is, as is Rick Dangerous 2.

Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII and Grid Racedriver are all awesome.
Busta
cute as a crackbaby
Missin' Jimmy level: 5

Post by Busta »

An international version of the game called Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (ファイナルファンタジーXII インターナショナル ゾディアックジョブシステム Fainaru Fantajī Tuerubu Intānashonaru Zodiakku Jobu Shisutemu?) was released in Japan on August 9, 2007 as part of both Final Fantasy 20th anniversary and Ivalice Alliance.[103] The game includes twelve License Boards available (instead of the original one), each corresponding to a different Zodiac sign and job. The battle system as a whole has been tweaked; guest characters and summons are controllable by the player, and pressing the L1 button accelerates the game's speed. Additionally, the game features the English voices and the widescreen 16:9 ratio support of the North American version, as well as a bonus disc based on the one initially released with the North American version. Other new features such as new licenses and renamed spells have been shown as well. There is also a "New Game+" option, "New Game- (minus)" (where characters do not gain experience), as well as a new "Trial Mode" which allows the player to hunt monsters in 100 different maps to gain items and money.
I've always wanted to play this
Eviltoastman wrote:Tofu is made from satan's cum and lego.
Mr John
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Mr John »

That might as well have been 100% Japanese...
:eyes:
"Bof."
Busta
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Busta »

How about I end you right now, friend?
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Although Persona 4 has been occupying my time (along with Call of Duty 4 online - still) I've just picked up Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess on the Wii. Excellent so far. It seems the best of Ocarina/Majora have been included along with some of the more innovative mechanics involved in Wind Waker. The graphics lend more to Ocarina this time around - excellent so far.

Grid has been dominating my Xbox single player time recently, what Forza lacked in excitement is more than compensated for by this. It's not quite Need for Speed or Burnout, but balances arcade style play and real world mechanics, offering an almost perfect balance of arcade racing and simulation. The courses are better than those in Forza, the cars can roll (roll 20 times for an acheivement) and it's a fucking blast online. Whereas Forza was technically perfect, the excitement levels were just not quite there (although R1-R4 racing was incredible). I prefer Grid to Gran Turismo, the better of the Project Gotham series (3) and Forza. Only the limited car and track count let it down, that said, the quality of the tracks is exemplary and the car balance is far fairer than GT and Forza. You can't tune your cars, you can't mod your cars either. Applying decals in Forza was purely an aesthetic endeavor. In Grid, different sponsor offers give different awards based on your race performance and how prominent their logos appear on your vehicle. I got this from amazon marketplace for on 11.50 a few weeks back, the price has already gone back up. If you see this cheap. Pick it up.

I have to say that Persona 4 is probably my favourite game at the moment though. I'm preferring this to Final Fantasy XII.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

The purchase of the odious little cuntbox (Wii) at Christmas needn't have spelled the end of my Gamecube adventures in both Metroid Prime games and Zelda's wind Waker, had it not been for my eagerness to bury the vile little box of shit behind something to disguise the fact that I owned one. In doing so I made access and proximity to the machine almost impossible. Feeling an urge to adventure further, expecially Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Rev Eng - yes it is far better than the first which was more a less a remake of Super Metroid in 3d - THANKS FOR THE RECOMENDATION) I thought back to the Wavebird controllers that were available a long time back.

Anyway, new prices seem to range between 50 and 100 squid now and I'm not paying that. I entered an auction and bid up to £20 for a second hand one in "good" condition and lost. Then I uncovered a new listing and some fella wanted 16 buy it now. Made an offer of £16 and he accepted, got it back and it was new. The controller is amazing and now I'm playing my Gamecube favourites again.

The Gamecube had very little to offer but the three games mentioned above are must play games and since I didn't complete any of them when I first got them, am delighted to be able to play them again, particularly Metroid Prime 2. anyone who has a Nintendo Cuntface who wants to play Gamecube games should consider getting the Wavebird. Cracking pad.

:)
ReverseEngineer
cute as a crackbaby

Post by ReverseEngineer »

oh yeah, the Wavebird is a fantastic piece of hardware.

I gather you don't care much for the Wii, but you ought to check out the remake of Okami (one of the PS2's last gasps, and a truly inspired game). You can pick it up pretty cheap, and if you're into the Zelda style of adventure games, you won't be disappointed.

By the way, tsao, have you gotten farther in Twilight Princess yet? By the end of that game, I had the suspicion that each dungeon was designed by a separate team, with little to no input of the other dungeons.

generally, you get a cool new ability, use it to death in the dungeon you're in, then maybe five times elsewhere... tends to break up the continuity of an otherwise gorgeous launch title.
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

ReverseEngineer wrote:oh yeah, the Wavebird is a fantastic piece of hardware.

I gather you don't care much for the Wii, but you ought to check out the remake of Okami (one of the PS2's last gasps, and a truly inspired game). You can pick it up pretty cheap, and if you're into the Zelda style of adventure games, you won't be disappointed.

By the way, tsao, have you gotten farther in Twilight Princess yet? By the end of that game, I had the suspicion that each dungeon was designed by a separate team, with little to no input of the other dungeons.

generally, you get a cool new ability, use it to death in the dungeon you're in, then maybe five times elsewhere... tends to break up the continuity of an otherwise gorgeous launch title.
My daughter has played that more than me but I got that impression too. It's far too dissected(?). Okami doesn't really interest me but if I see it around for a tempting price I'm sure I'll pick it up (and probably change my mind :lol: ).

I'm still into really into Persona 4, the last truly great PS2 title and arguably its best RPG.
Busta
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Busta »

Mario Party 8 is pretty good if you're heaps stoned/drunk
joey5001
i <3 goatovaries

Post by joey5001 »

8?
Fuck me.
Nearl: Where's Babar?
X-tacle: He's in the shower.
Nearl: No he's not! Elephants take showers with their noses!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Picked up Gears of War 2 (£14.99 new at Blockbuster - £22 second hand). Very agreeable. I quite enjoyed the first one, not earth shattering but quite cinematic and visceral. I feel like fucking a pigs intestines after I play it.
ReverseEngineer
cute as a crackbaby

Post by ReverseEngineer »

Eviltoastman wrote:Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
it looks like they're remaking the first two Metroid Prime games for the Wii, hopefully using the FANTASTIC control scheme of Metroid Prime Corruption...
Mobiesque
confusitron
Missin' Jimmy level: 666

Post by Mobiesque »

Recently discovered Super Dodgeball for the NES.

Marvelous!
'the fuck did I do?
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

I've reverted back to Fallout 3. I fell out of love with FGallout 3 when I completed it. I restarted and I thought I'd seen everything the game had to offer. I've since found new locations, met some interesting new characters and I'm having a blast again.

I think I'll dedicate a part of today to playing Grid Racedriver though and perhaps actually get stuck into Persona 4 again now I have the PS2 back.
Dress Barn
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Dress Barn »

Finally got to Resident Evil 5
Much worth the wait
Mr John
not very out-and-about-y

Post by Mr John »

PS3 query:
Anyone played "Infamous" or "Prototype"?
"Bof."
Busta
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Busta »

stripperm(0)(o)m wrote:Finally got to Resident Evil 5
Much worth the wait
Love the shit outta this title...
Exactly13yearsofage
poofy

Post by Exactly13yearsofage »

Monkey Island remake on Xbox360: kickass.

Especially the oldschool toggle, which instantly reverts the gameplay back to the original from the early nineties.
Soy to the world!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

Exactly13yearsofage wrote:Monkey Island remake on Xbox360: kickass.

Especially the oldschool toggle, which instantly reverts the gameplay back to the original from the early nineties.
They did that with R-type Dimensions. It was isometric(ish) but a click of a button whilst playing and it reverted to the old school side on scrolling fair.
[Viperfish]
poofy

Post by [Viperfish] »

Eviltoastman wrote:I've reverted back to Fallout 3. I fell out of love with Fallout 3 when I completed it. I restarted and I thought I'd seen everything the game had to offer. I've since found new locations, met some interesting new characters and I'm having a blast again.
Yep, currently in love with this game myself. With the all DLC, Fallout is the game that keeps on giving.

Also, I assume you've seen this?
You're breaking my heart, asswipe.
Busta
cute as a crackbaby

Post by Busta »

[Viperfish] wrote:
Eviltoastman wrote:I've reverted back to Fallout 3. I fell out of love with Fallout 3 when I completed it. I restarted and I thought I'd seen everything the game had to offer. I've since found new locations, met some interesting new characters and I'm having a blast again.
Yep, currently in love with this game myself. With the all DLC, Fallout is the game that keeps on giving.

Also, I assume you've seen this?
FUCK YEAH!!!!
Eviltoastman
Part-time Demi-Mod

Post by Eviltoastman »

:shock: